LordOpie

andrew luck rumor/speculation

guys on local sports talk said that luck wasn't at the facility much this season even tho it was requested. In other words, he was avoiding the team. Supposedly, his shoulder is damaged, but he's been exaggerating the issue. Apparently, luck has been unhappy for a year now. Guys on the radio think that he's going to have a shoulder injury into next season to push on getting away from the colts.

The have done a lousy job of building a team around him.  However, I would rather him be up front and ask to be moved than to pull this passive aggressive crap to get out of town, if it is true.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wpob said:

The have done a lousy job of building a team around him.  However, I would rather him be up front and ask to be moved than to pull this passive aggressive crap to get out of town, if it is true.  

Agree.

He should announce it after they fire the HC.

Better to give the Colts some extra picks for the coming draft and get a big jump on rebuilding the team around a new QB.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wpob said:

I think he did inform them and they blew him off... Which lead to the current situation.

It seems most teams aren't responsive to players

I'll buy this when I see it from more reliable sources.  Don't know much about the guy person-wise, but he doesn't sound like the ahole type.

If they drafted Barkley he'd sing a diff tune.  :)  I know it's a dream, but let me and other Colt fans have it for awhile...

If the Colts take Barkley in the first round, then Luck should demand a trade two minutes later.  

Offensive Line

Corner Back

Line Backer

Wide Receiver - only if they decide to let Moncrief walk.  Personally I'd resign him on the cheap and hope his chemistry with Luck leads to a rebound year. 

As Hunt and Kamara have proven, you do not need to invest a first round pick on a running back.  

Edited by Wpob

17 hours ago, Wpob said:

If the Colts take Barkley in the first round, then Luck should demand a trade two minutes later. 

Only if he's far dumber than it would appear.  Yeah having a stud RB who can run, catch and oh btw BLOCK about as well as most if not all of the current NFL RBs would really be dumb, esp seeing as how they're all set at RB.

:unsure:

Gore is all but done and Mack IMO clearly is not the answer.  Yes they have other needs for sure, I'm not saying don't consider them, but Bell is the only top FA RB to consider (you could make a case for Hyde) and I don't see PIT letting him go.  Barkley is a diff maker, in multiple ways, and that's what you want from a first rounder.  Elliot, Fournette, need I go on.....true It would be hard to argue an OL with that pick but they could address that in FA.  Ditto CB and various other D positions.  Not likely at RB.

the colts potentially getting barkley you could see the argument for both sides.......yes the colts have a ton of other needs and need to build a stronger roster...and yes a guy like kamara has shown you dont need to spend a 1st on a guy.....but guys like kamara dont come around too often...and hunt is probably more of a product of his offense that has always produced very relevant fantasy backs.....on the other side...guys like zeke and gurley have shown that maybe spend a high 1st on an elite back could be back in vogue and worth it

On 12/16/2017 at 10:56 PM, BeeR said:

Only if he's far dumber than it would appear.  Yeah having a stud RB who can run, catch and oh btw BLOCK about as well as most if not all of the current NFL RBs would really be dumb, esp seeing as how they're all set at RB.

:unsure:

Gore is all but done and Mack IMO clearly is not the answer.  Yes they have other needs for sure, I'm not saying don't consider them, but Bell is the only top FA RB to consider (you could make a case for Hyde) and I don't see PIT letting him go.  Barkley is a diff maker, in multiple ways, and that's what you want from a first rounder.  Elliot, Fournette, need I go on.....true It would be hard to argue an OL with that pick but they could address that in FA.  Ditto CB and various other D positions.  Not likely at RB.

You say Elliott and Fournette, I'll go with these non first rounders

Cook

Mixon

Hunt

Kamara

Foreman

Williams

And from 2016

Henry

Drake

Collins

Howard

And as for Fournette, they win even when he is out because their OL is strong.  Same with Elliot.  The Dallas OL is making Rod Smith look good.  A strong OL can make an above average RB better. 

I am not denying the talent of Elliott and Fournette and potentially Barkely, but this is a team that needs to protect Luck.  Build the line.  Keep Luck upright.  Draft a RB in the second round.  I would rather have a stud OL protecting the face of the franchise than a stud RB.  But that's just my personal preference.  Not saying you are wrong.  

• Like 2

On 12/18/2017 at 5:59 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

the colts potentially getting barkley you could see the argument for both sides.......yes the colts have a ton of other needs and need to build a stronger roster...and yes a guy like kamara has shown you dont need to spend a 1st on a guy.....but guys like kamara dont come around too often...and hunt is probably more of a product of his offense that has always produced very relevant fantasy backs.....on the other side...guys like zeke and gurley have shown that maybe spend a high 1st on an elite back could be back in vogue and worth it

Gurley was awful last year and the line was unstable.  He is a beast now because the line is above average.  I will always believe the line makes the RB and not the other way around.  Players that can perform with a bad line - like Barry Sanders - are few and far in between and usually don't last long.  Gutley went from some people calling him a bust to an All Star.  His line is the main reason.  His coach is the other.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wpob said:

Gurley was awful last year and the line was unstable.  He is a beast now because the line is above average.  I will always believe the line makes the RB and not the other way around.  Players that can perform with a bad line - like Barry Sanders - are few and far in between and usually don't last long.  Gutley went from some people calling him a bust to an All Star.  His line is the main reason.  His coach is the other.  

you don't have to tell me about gurley....I made a thread in the preseason touting him and the reasons for it....look it up if you want

but you  must remember gurley had a pretty good rookie year in which he averaged 4.8 a carry with that same offensive line from last year....on 230 carries....he has a 4.6 average this year on 257 carries

people that were calling him a bust coming into this year don't really know football IMO.....hes super talented...one of the most gifted backs in the league.......yeah I agree that a good line/offense/qb is obviously advantageous.....but gurley is a supreme talent.....lack of creative scheme and a revolving oline led to a crap year.....but he thrived in his rookie year under the same circumstances

7 hours ago, Wpob said:

heres the thread in case you didn't see it or don't remember

yes having a good offensive line helps in both situations ...for gurley and zeke.....but the idea is to put a good offensive line with a supremely gifted rb creating an optimal situation....otherwise dallas wouldn't have wasted the pick they did and just rolled with Alfred morris or someone else......gurley and zeke are extremely gifted and when you combine that with their offensive lines and offenses it enhances their ability and talent

On 12/20/2017 at 6:39 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

heres the thread in case you didn't see it or don't remember

yes having a good offensive line helps in both situations ...for gurley and zeke.....but the idea is to put a good offensive line with a supremely gifted rb creating an optimal situation....otherwise dallas wouldn't have wasted the pick they did and just rolled with Alfred morris or someone else......gurley and zeke are extremely gifted and when you combine that with their offensive lines and offenses it enhances their ability and talent

Agreed.  Having both is great.  But I would rather get the line done first and then get the RB then the other way around.  Either way, the Colts need both.  I hope they get it because Luck really needs it before he becomes a QB who never reached his potential.  

I still say the cowboys should have taken Ramsey then picked up Henry in the 2nd. The Elliott pick was foolish IMO. RB is far more replaceable than shutdown corner. 

Imagine if they could lockdown WR1's with a single guy in man coverage. When Lee is healthy, they'd be a top 5 defense. Couple that with hitting on Dak in the 4th and you're looking at the perennial division favorite.

7 hours ago, Wpob said:

Agreed.  Having both is great.  But I would rather get the line done first and then get the RB then the other way around.  Either way, the Colts need both.  I hope they get it because Luck really needs it before he becomes a QB who never reached his potential.  

it can be done simultaneously....they already took a center in the first round(although I think hes been hurt a bit and reviews might be mixed at this point?)...they will still have a pick at the top of the 2nd round(I fully admit I'm guessing as I have no real idea of the colts draft stock)....theres also free agency.......from what I know I don't think theres a tackle or guard worthy of a top 4 pick in this draft right now....

7 hours ago, BA Baracus said:

I still say the cowboys should have taken Ramsey then picked up Henry in the 2nd. The Elliott pick was foolish IMO. RB is far more replaceable than shutdown corner. 

Imagine if they could lockdown WR1's with a single guy in man coverage. When Lee is healthy, they'd be a top 5 defense. Couple that with hitting on Dak in the 4th and you're looking at the perennial division favorite.

I hear you.....ramsey was a stud at fsu and it has translated to the next level(which we know it doesn't always)...its hindsight....all in all the cowboys did alright with that pick when you combine it with their OL.....I do think henry is ok...and with that line he would prob thrive but zeke is still a different breed of back with a different gear that henry doesn't quite have........I cant disagree with you though the cowboys would prob be thriving with ramsey and henry......I think jerry saw gurley shining in his rookie year and couldn't help but think what might be if he added an elite back

• Like 1

Speaking in a Tuesday interview, Andrew Luck (shoulder) insisted he does not need another operation.

"That is not an option for me right now," Luck said. "That ship has sailed as far as I'm concerned. Which is a relief, I'm not going to lie." Luck was speaking in a pre-recorded interview at a Colts "town hall." Skeptics could latch onto the "right now" in Luck's statement, but he seems to genuinely believe he won't need to go back under the knife. His comments come the same day coach Frank Reich said the team is "hopeful" Luck will participate in OTAs. Luck also said he was "in the middle of sort of a little bit of throwing" and plans to soon progress to "heavier throwing."

Feb 20 - 7:31 PM

people are focused on "right now"? I think it's the "ship has sailed" part that should be of concern. I'm going to guess that means the doctors are NOT saying his shoulder is fine. I think it means the doctors are saying that it's not fine, but another surgery isn't going to help or change anything. I'm guessing that Luck is never going to return to his former ability.

I bet that IND trades with DEN or something near pick 5-8 so that team can get saquon and IND drafts a qb

• Like 1

Andrew Luck (shoulder) has begun throwing weighted footballs and is reportedly "full steam ahead" for 2018.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport went as far as to say Luck's shoulder is "fine," and that the problems now involve "parts around Luck's shoulder," which to us just confirms Luck's throwing arm remains problematic. It's worth remembering that at this time last year the Colts were promising Luck would be ready for Week 1, and even activated him from the PUP list last September, giving off the impression he'd at last play at some point in the first six games. He wound up never playing a snap.

lol, the bullpoop surrounding the truth keeps piling up :nutkick:

...Luck's shoulder is "fine," and that the problems now involve "parts around Luck's shoulder," ... what nonsense double speak is that manure?

11 hours ago, LordOpie said:

lol, the bullpoop surrounding the truth keeps piling up :nutkick:

...Luck's shoulder is "fine," and that the problems now involve "parts around Luck's shoulder," ... what nonsense double speak is that manure?

24/7/365 sports news cycle, got to talk about something and twist things around to fit the story.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

24/7/365 sports news cycle, got to talk about something and twist things around to fit the story.

that's certainly true.

but i think Luck's career is in jeopardy. I think watching IND in FA and draft will be the most interesting story