[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anybody else on the verge of quitting?

MnLefty

I think I might be done with fantasy football... My $$ local for sure.  I just can't take it anymore, and I'm tired of meaningless players and games affecting my mood.  I was feeling pretty good with Hunt last night, playing Bortles over Cousins today, McCoy and Kamara, and a nice start from Davante Adams... then they all go silent for the 2nd half, and Adams gets knocked out on a dirty hit.  Bortles has a 73 yarder come down at the 1, I watch Ingram score on a 50 yarder running out the clock... and then I get Gurley'd.  Watching the Pats/Steelers with about 2 min to go I devised a plan to get 1, maybe 2 more FG's out of Boswell to help keep my slim hopes alive... and it all happened.  A quick Pats TD and 2pt, Steelers moving down into position, and I even caught a huge break on the TD being overturned, only to watch Ben kill it with an awful pass at the worst time.

I still have a chance, but it's going to take almost season lows from all 2 of Lynch, Witten and Julio to let me advance... 

All of this as the #1 seed and high scorer, I'm going to lose to a guy who will be over his season average by about 50 pts, and set his new season high by 20 or more.  Comparing our weekly scores I'd be 11-3 against him.  I'm tired of losing to the fluke when it counts the most.  I should be celebrating the Vikes rolling today, and all I can think about is the fluke loss I'm about to take and the $$ I'm not going to take home.  Congratulations to whoever gets my team next year and gets to keep Kamara in the 16th.

I pretty sure I'm done. Too much energy was spent on my dynasty team this year only to see them go down in flames. It's depressing and deflating and being sober now, I can't let that manure hinder that. So yeah...more than likely, I'm hanging it up. 

6 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

If you let fantasy bother you that much then yes you should quit

It's funny, because it's how I used to be with the Vikings... I spent a couple hours flat on my back staring at the ceiling after the loss in 98... 09 wasn't much better.  I vowed then that I wasn't going to let the Vikings bother me anymore.  I still watch, I still enjoy it, but like the Common Man, I just don't care that much anymore.  It's time to do the same with fantasy... and for me that will mean getting out of my $$ leagues.

• Like 1

It's more than frustrating when you dominant the entire season, earn a bye in the 1st round & then flame out in semis with your lowest score of the season. The worst part is that instant replay ended my season, not a lineup mistake. That was just one league. I flamed out in two others this week too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buddahj said:

It's more than frustrating when you dominant the entire season, earn a bye in the 1st round & then flame out in semis with your lowest score of the season. The worst part is that instant replay ended my season, not a lineup mistake. That was just one league. I flamed out in two others this week too. 

I think I would have rather flamed out... as it stands I’d have destroyed either of the other semifinal teams, and my hunch is I’ll outscore all 3 of them next week knowing I should have won it all.  

That depends on whether or not Julio Jones can get me 8 points tomorrow night. I thought i had survived Gurley, Olsen and Gordon with that Ben Touchdown that was overturned now i need a decent game from one of the most inconsistent "top" players in the league. It' just so agonizing. I won by two last week on monday night now need to pull another one out on Monday night again. This is the one and only league i play in, i'm trying to 3-Peat and $3k is up for grabs. 

47 minutes ago, MnLefty said:

It's funny, because it's how I used to be with the Vikings... I spent a couple hours flat on my back staring at the ceiling after the loss in 98... 09 wasn't much better.  I vowed then that I wasn't going to let the Vikings bother me anymore.  I still watch, I still enjoy it, but like the Common Man, I just don't care that much anymore.  It's time to do the same with fantasy... and for me that will mean getting out of my $$ leagues.

Same here, I remember being in complete shock after the 98 loss. And again after 09. It was after 09 that I let it go. Now I just try to enjoy the ride, and it doesn’t bother me if we lose. Same with my fantasy teams, it’s just for fun

1 hour ago, buddahj said:

Yeah, that happened to me too. I earned a 1st round bye and then got beat badly and had to settle for 3rd or 4th place.

2 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

I pretty sure I'm done. Too much energy was spent on my dynasty team this year only to see them go down in flames. It's depressing and deflating and being sober now, I can't let that manure hinder that. So yeah...more than likely, I'm hanging it up. 

I suck too.  Hang in there bro. 🤠

I've been playing FF for around 20 years now I guess.

I've taken a year off here and there.

Every time I do take a year off, I miss it intensely and find myself eager to get back in it.

It can be super frustrating at times. Especially when things happen that are out of your control like injuries to key players. But at the end of the day, you just have to remind yourself that you can only do so much. It's at least 50% luck. All you can do is put yourself in a position to succeed and hope for the best.

I watch a lot of shows and listen to a lot of podcasts, and every once in a while you will hear a so-called expert admit they had a losing season. They don't admit it very often because they want their audience to think they always win. But they don't. Far from it. The reality is that no matter how good you think you are at FF, it still comes down to a certain % of dumb luck.

And you have no control over it.

Take a year off if need be, but If it's in your blood you will be back :)

• Like 2

I am done after about 25 years.  every year same thing.  Most of the league finishes 8-6 to 6-8 because all the same info is spoon fed to everyone so it really goes from 75 percent luck to 90 percent luck.  Some shady/stupid trades also this year in my league was the last straw.  I'm done.

I was thinking about it but it's on me for getting too serious this year since money was on the line. I just reminded myself to play for fun and to make the games more interesting and not obsessing over the outcome. I play in a work league this year and the eventual winner traded scraps to get Gronkowski, Hunt, AJ Green, and Julio LOL. He took advantage of some inexperienced ladies at work(not saying ladies aren't good at fantasy football) and got these players for kickers or bit bench players. To top it off this guy is the company manager so conflicts all around. I enjoyed my random yahoo league much better even though I had a worse record.

I only played 4 leagues this year. The lowest in 20+ years of playing. It's not the same anymore, made worse by all the drama surrounding the league nowadays... I won't cut it off completely but I might only play the 2 leagues I've been here on the longest (32 Homers and Weapons of DMD). Just don't see myself cutting those 2 off.

I dropped from 5 leagues to 1 and noticed a big difference in my attitude towards fantasy football. Overall, my mood was better, but losses hurt a lot more because I didn't have another league to balance the roller coaster ride. I think 2 leagues is a nice balance. It's up to the owner to balance the stress of the game out. It might say more about your personality than fantasy football, just saying. 

Bad season overall for me . May end up in one finals . Lot of tough luck losses . But its a year to year thing . A few years back i won 3 leagues and made a ton . Last year 1 won my main league and felt like i won 6 . I wont quit but do know how easy it is to feel like doing so

This has been a very tough year since so many star players were injured - Odell Beckham, David Johnson, Aaron Rodgers, Deshaun Watson, Carson Wentz, Dalvin Cook, Allen Robinson, Pierre Garcon, Tyler Eifert, Jordan Reed and now Antonio Brown. Others were in a funk - Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Jordy Nelson, Ezekiel Elliott, Amari Cooper, TY Hilton...

The first two rounds where you get your main fantasy points was littered with disappointments. That always makes it hard. First round picks just aren't what they used to be. I cannot remember a year where the top QB, RB and WR all were injured.

It is still football. I still love it even if this year was one of my personal worst from relying too heavily on certain players that ended up injured. This year stings but by next summer it will be exciting again.