MnLefty

Anybody else on the verge of quitting?

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I've been in Madagascar and Ethiopia for this entire season.  I've stayed up most Sunday nights watching football all night.  It's hard to go to bed when games are going on.

I tend to fall asleep fine on a Sunday/Monday but will wake up usually sometime during the 2nd quarter and then Im awake until the game is over. Does tire me out for work. 

• Like 1

Explain to me how Julio get 8 pts by halftime and then nothing the rest of the game.........  Whatever

Is it too much to ask JuJu to stop tripping over himself and just get in the endzone............apparently

Was it too much to ask Julio to actually show up........another yes apparently

Sigh

14 hours ago, heehawks said:

I disagree with this. I have a passion for football regardless of ff. Come playoffs, I am watching every game. Regular season, I will watch whatever is on. College football is similar as well. Each to their own of course...

That's how I am with the NFL, though I have been skipping large portions of many Browns games, and also find if a game is a blowout I'm more inclined to turn it off. Don't watch college football much at all.

I'm not quitting.  There's a nursing home league out there that needs a commissioner, I'm sure.

...maybe I'd improve my odds if I started a few decades early?  :thinking:

• Haha 1

On 12/19/2017 at 10:29 PM, heehawks said:

I disagree with this. I have a passion for football regardless of ff. Come playoffs, I am watching every game. Regular season, I will watch whatever is on. College football is similar as well. Each to their own of course...

Same here. My problem is that I can become enraged at a game even with no fantasy investment in it.

i've seen many of my buddies over the years quit our fantasy pool out of frustration.

bottom line is its all on you.  its just a pool.  its just football.  i still get frustrated and take it too seriously but i can let it go within a day.

it wouldn't be fun if it didn't matter to you, but it also is inconsequential.  its just for fun and meaningless. 

compare it to gambling.  if you go in thinking you'll beat the house you're screwed from the start. 

2 hours ago, Ramhock said:

Playing since '84.  What a bunch of whiny quitters.

Do you remember what the rosters or scoring rules were like then? That's 5 years further back than me.

1 hour ago, DMD said:

Do you remember what the rosters or scoring rules were like then? That's 5 years further back than me.

i started playing around 92.  very basic..... scoring for tds, and bonus at 100/300. lineups were rigid 1/2/3/1/1/1 (no flex) later added yardage (non-decimal), then flex, then keeper, then decimal, then ppr, then dynasty, then idp, then contracts, then auctions.

Edited by Bier Meister

18 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

You guys use Roman numerals for scoring ;)

abacus.

TD only, used USA today.  Six points for TDs 1-29 yards, ten points 30+, regardless of position.   I mailed the standings every week from the office.  League is still going.

It is ironic that I indirectly work for USAToday since I started out 28 years ago being the guy that had to buy USAToday on Monday morning and score the league.

The good Ole days...a newspaper and a spreadsheet 

1 hour ago, buddahj said:

The good Ole days...a newspaper and a spreadsheet 

That was literally how the ease of schedule thing I do was born. I got to look at all the stats to see what defenses were allowing players. Back in the early 90's,. I did all the schedule analysis and  never showed it to anyone else.

I feel sick about Keenum and it makes me want to quit, but I will wake up tomorrow feeling better and cross my fingers that the rest of my team picks up the slack. 

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, heehawks said:

I feel sick about Keenum and it makes me want to quit, but I will wake up tomorrow feeling better and cross my fingers that the rest of my team picks up the slack. 

i played Keenum in one and have theilen in all three of my games. ugh.