[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What kind of BS was that. Ref stumbling and bumbling time off the clock.

Cowboyz1

That was Bullcaca during the end of Bucs Falcons game. The ref stumbles and bumbles his was towards spotting the ball and wastes about 7 or 8 seconds of the clock before allowing the Bucs to spike the ball. They would have had time for one more play to the sidelines maybe had he stayed off his face and got the ball spotted. Crazy.

You see, he knew a win by the Bucs would have busted the door wide open for my Cowboys. The conspiracy is still in full effect and everyone is in on it. Awwwrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg.:angry:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LordOpie said:

he stumbled because he was in a hurry because the refs failed to call a penalty on ATL for that defender sitting on the TB player. Should've been a delay of game on ATL. man, i hate that cheap manure by defenders at the end of games.

Yep that was BS also. 

• Thanks 2

I agree that there should have been time added to the game clock.

If a Refs clumsiness results in taking valuable time off a very meaningful moment in the game, than they should have the right to give that time back.

He didn't do it, because there is no rule in place that provides an official the right to just add time to the clock because they did something stupid.

Strange year for the officials this year,, paper gauges, stumbling around like drunkin fools, and the non calls for holding vs excessive calls for holding.

23 minutes ago, typhus said:

I agree that there should have been time added to the game clock.

If a Refs clumsiness results in taking valuable time off a very meaningful moment in the game, than they should have the right to give that time back.

He didn't do it, because there is no rule in place that provides an official the right to just add time to the clock because they did something stupid.

Strange year for the officials this year,, paper gauges, stumbling around like drunkin fools, and the non calls for holding vs excessive calls for holding.

Exactly, they should have NO impact on the game other then calling the game according to the rules, which they are having major struggles just doing that. But to cost a team the ability to manage their time by bumbling around after letting the defender pin the receiver down for another 5 seconds before allowing the ball to be placed in the hands of the stumbling, and bumbling ref is ridiculous. There needs to be a provision for players wasting time by holding the player down in order to waste time. Additionally, the refs should be able to adjust for their own stupid errors. They already are costing teams victories with poor calls and missed calls even with replay. They should have very little effect on games period. 

The moment the Falcons player held down the Bucs receiver should have been a 5 yard delay of game penalty and an automatic clock stoppage for the defensive foul. That would solve the time wasting by wrestling or pinning. Then if the ref can't find his way to spotting the ball and falls on his face while trying should add at minimum 3 seconds to the clock and the clock starts when the ball is spotted. That would have been fair.

Hell the refs cost two games that I know of this week alone. The Steelers TD by James was a touchdown period and this game. Seems every week the refs are deciding games that mean teams playoff life and death which should not be happening.

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

They still should have put the time back on the clock after he fell on his face.

Because??  Is it a rule?  Or just what you think is right? It does suck for the Bucs, but I'm not sure the official have a way to deal with it, covered under their rules. I suspect if the clock had expired because of that they may have added time back to the clock, rule or not. Probably something they should look at for the future.

Of course I doubt there's anything in the rules about using an index card to check if the ball crosses the post of the first down marker, and they did that.

Agree that the defender sitting on the Bucs player should be a penalty, they seem to wait forever to call that.