LordOpie

CLE, ind, chi fans... Fear the Fisher

Lol... One of these teams is fcked

NFL | Jeff Fisher targeting three possible jobs?
Tue, 19 Dec 2017 12:30:02 -0800

Former Los Angeles Rams head coach Jeff Fisher would like to rejoin the head coaching ranks next year and he may be eyeing three potential jobs heading into the offseason in the Cleveland BrownsIndianapolis Colts and Chicago Bears.

Source: FOX Sports Radio 910 - Mike Jurecki

5 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He is targeting the teams with the dumbest owners.  Not a coincidence.

Ones with a possible coaching vacancy, otherwise he'd be talking to Snyder and others.

Fisher played for the Bears. :scared:

Actually I'm hoping Ryan Pace has figured out that John Fox = Jeff Fisher and neither guy can develop a quarterback.

The Bears need somebody who can develop Trubisky.

How can this story possibly be true? Even if you were a Fisher apologist, the complete 180 degree turnaround of the LA Rams just by changing the head coach should send any NFL owners screaming for the exits when this guy shows up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, stethant said:

How can this story possibly be true? Even if you were a Fisher apologist, the complete 180 degree turnaround of the LA Rams just by changing the head coach should send any NFL owners screaming for the exits when this guy shows up.

this.

and how can fisher even entertain the idea of an interview when brian billick, who is way better, hasn't had one in years?

1 hour ago, stethant said:

The story seemingly only states that Fisher is interested in head coaching again.  Notsomuch that anyone wants to hire him. 

I could see him getting a shot as a defensive coach.  

15 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

The story seemingly only states that Fisher is interested in head coaching again.  Notsomuch that anyone wants to hire him.

I could see him getting a shot as a defensive coach. 

Reading comprehension is difficult, Fisher being interested in coaching becomes Fisher is leading candidate to coach these teams. Almost as bad as "Peyton Manning spotted in CLE with a real estate agent = Peyton is being hired by the Browns to be savior", seriously that was reported a while back with the author making that wild jump themselves.

40 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

...Fisher is leading candidate to coach these teams. .

where did that info come from?

16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

lol

I see what you did there

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Wow how clever and witty, now I see the value in your contribution

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, loaf said:

lol

I see what you did there

i like annoying guys like steve because it's easy and fun!

17 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Wow how clever and witty, now I see the value in your contribution

perhaps decaf? maybe whiskey?

54 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i like annoying guys like steve because it's easy and fun!

perhaps decaf? maybe whiskey?

So you're just a troll, got it. ;)

At work now, no coffee in hours but will have some drinks at a holiday gathering after work.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

So you're just a troll, got it. ;)

No, but I'm not going to argue semantics with someone as uptight as you. Not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out how little fun you are.

Edited by LordOpie

It's also worth noting how

Jared Goff

Nick Foles

Kase Keenum

Sam Bradford

All sucked in St Louis under Jeff Fisher, yet every single one of them found success elsewhere.

In St. Louis, Fisher never had better than the 21st ranked offense (25, 21, 21, 29, 32). He was never worse than 22 in his 16 years in TEN. His offenses were unimaginative and predictable the entire time in STL.  The most damning thing is that the Rams went from #32 to #1 using all the same players.

I used to root for Fisher in the Tennessee days.  He's a former Bear and I kinda felt bad for him missing out on the 85 SB run, since he was on IR all or most of that season.  At one point, I think I even told a Titans fan that I hoped he came back to coach in Chicago some day.  Now that I've learned, I hope they sign a 3-person committee of John Fox, Marc Trestman and Dick Jauron to serve as head coach for the rest of their lives before they even send a text message to Jeff Fisher.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, LordOpie said:

No, but I'm not going to argue semantics with someone as uptight as you. Not trying to pick a fight, just pointing out how little fun you are.

Didn't realize I was here for your amusement. You can ignore me if I bother you so much, I've done it with others here whose posts I find annoying. Then at least you won't be trying to bait me into an argument.

Also this is not semantics, it is separatnig rumor and desire from fact and realistic possibilities. A coach saying he is interested in returning with interest in several teams and the likelihood that he is hired or even given an interview are two completely different things.

But hey, sports talk and hyperbole rule the world, so I'm no fun for trying to be factual.

On 12/21/2017 at 10:34 AM, monster2333 said:

I used to root for Fisher in the Tennessee days.  He's a former Bear and I kinda felt bad for him missing out on the 85 SB run, since he was on IR all or most of that season.  At one point, I think I even told a Titans fan that I hoped he came back to coach in Chicago some day.  Now that I've learned, I hope they sign a 3-person committee of John Fox, Marc Trestman and Dick Jauron to serve as head coach for the rest of their lives before they even send a text message to Jeff Fisher.

I can't say enough good things about this post. I forgot he was on IR that season. Fisher used to seem like a great guy but he his career has not aged well, which is really too bad. Sometimes you just gotta know when to ride off into the sunset.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, monster2333 said:

I used to root for Fisher in the Tennessee days.  He's a former Bear and I kinda felt bad for him missing out on the 85 SB run, since he was on IR all or most of that season.  

After being tackled by Bill Cowher, who ironically also smashed his coaching career.

Edited by kdko
  • Like 1

This story just keeps giving - Fisher now wants some credit for the Rams' success this year. Some people don't get it.

3 hours ago, stethant said:

This story just keeps giving - Fisher now wants some credit for the Rams' success this year. Some people don't get it.

:rofl:

If Fisher can't get back into football, maybe he has a future in politics.

I guess he does deserve credit for bringing in some of their current talent.  He obviously doesn't know how to utilize them, or coach though.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 2:38 AM, DMD said:

In St. Louis, Fisher never had better than the 21st ranked offense (25, 21, 21, 29, 32). He was never worse than 22 in his 16 years in TEN. His offenses were unimaginative and predictable the entire time in STL.  The most damning thing is that the Rams went from #32 to #1 using all the same players.

Devil's advocate:  he only had Goff his rookie year, when even good QBs often suck, and suck describes most of what he had for weapons most of his Ram years. He did really well in TEN and wasn't exactly loaded w/talent there either.  No, I'm not saying he should get any of these HC gigs, just a few things to consider.

Edited by BeeR