[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foles, Bortles, or Brady?

pegos

Brady vs BUF (2nd toughest against the pass. Underperforming last 2 weeks)

Bortles @ SF (is Bortles but hot last few weeks. Also playing fournette and either Westbrook or Cole)

Foles vs OAK (nice game last week, playing in poor weather on MNF this week)

I’d lean Foles here. Here’s why:

Brady had a poor game vs. Buffalo last time around, and the Bills are right in the playoff hunt so will be tough.

Bortles on the road against a hot team that is playing better on defense than people realize... I’ll pass.

Foles gets a home game in prime time on Monday night against a team in the Raiders who just had their slim chances at the playoffs killed when Carr fumbled into the end zone. Oakland is a great matchup and might be pretty listless now that they are out of the playoff picture.

Please help with mine if you can: 

40 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

Brady had a poor game vs. Buffalo last time around, and the Bills are right in the playoff hunt so will be tough.

Bortles on the road against a hot team that is playing better on defense than people realize... I’ll pass.

Foles gets a home game in prime time on Monday night against a team in the Raiders who just had their slim chances at the playoffs killed when Carr fumbled into the end zone. Oakland is a great matchup and might be pretty listless now that they are out of the playoff picture.

Do you have any concern of Foles only playing half a game if the Vikings lose on Saturday or the Eagles go up big on the Raiders?

51 minutes ago, MTSuper7 said:

That's a pretty good explanation.  I'm in the same boat debating the same three QB's.  I was starting to lean towards Bortles, but this has me thinking more about Foles.

I don't think OAK is officially eliminated as of now, although maybe by MNF they will be.

I'd rank them 1a Foles, 1b Bortles, 2 Brady

To me, Foles and Bortles are pretty equivalent this week.

If MIN somehow loses Saturday, I would shy away from Foles since PHI will have the #1 locked up.  I still think they'll want Foles to get reps with a #1 seed locked up, but maybe not an entire game.  Although if the #1 seed is locked up, maybe they unleash Foles and tell him to go nuts since the game doesn't really matter in terms of playoff seeding.

JAX can sneak into the #2 spot if things bounce their way so I don't see Bortles letting up until/unless it becomes a blowout.  Fournette coming back is what I think knocks Bortles below Foles this week.

Brady is always capable of going off, but BUF needs this win and they play NE tough.

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

Do you have any concern of Foles only playing half a game if the Vikings lose on Saturday or the Eagles go up big on the Raiders?

I do have that concern, but I'd be pretty surprised if Minnesota lost. I'd probably go with Bortles if the Vikings lose to Green Bay.

I'd guess that Brady was your QB1 all year ... PLAY YOUR STUDS! Burkhead is out, so that could mean TD passes to Gronk on the goal line.

Besides ... I think Brady is gonna be a bit ticked off and fling the ball all over the place!

Edited by JFSZABO20

33 minutes ago, JFSZABO20 said:

I'd guess that Brady was your QB1 all year ... PLAY YOUR STUDS! Burkhead is out, so that could mean TD passes to Gronk on the goal line.

Besides ... I think Brady is gonna be a bit ticked off and fling the ball all over the place!

I actually traded for him back in week 11. He’s not touched my bench but I’m seriously considering it given his recent “slump” and the tough matchup.... having said all that, yeah it’s  pretty risky to play anyone over Tom Brady in the championship game. Several down weeks usually means a bounce back game is coming when it comes to Brady....