LordOpie

Could Aaron Rodgers become a FA?!

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, a number of teams have complained about the Packers' decision to place Aaron Rodgers (collarbone) on injured reserve following last week's loss to the Panthers.

Rodgers came off injured reserve to play Week 15, but returned a week later after the Packers were eliminated from the postseason. In order to be placed on IR, a player needs to have suffered a new injury that would sideline him for at least six weeks. Per NFL rules, if a player is sent to IR without suffering a new injury, the team is required to release him once healthy. It's fairly obvious that Green Bay bent the rules in regards to Rodgers' injury, though there's little chance of the Packers releasing their franchise cornerstone.

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 24 - 9:50 AM

If players like Brady and Elliot take their suspensions deep into courts, could NFL owners sue the Packers to force a release? Do we agree that Rodgers being a healthy FA would easily make him the new highest plaid player? His agent could "quietly" push the law suit / FA agenda and get him more money. He's under contract for the next two seasons.

protect the shield Roger, do your job. integrity of the league and all that..

nothing will happen, but how hilarious would that be if scumbag Aaron Rodgers got released and the Browns snatched him up

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, typhus said:

but how hilarious would that be if scumbag Aaron Rodgers got released and the Browns snatched him up

I guess you know Aaron Rodgers personally? 

22 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I’m a Vikings fan, and even I’ve never heard anyone call him a scumbag.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Montana is da Man said:

38 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

I’m a Vikings fan, and even I’ve never heard anyone call him a scumbag.

Granted, athletes can't sign autographs for everybody, but it's generally a bad move to ignore a cancer patient.

Google it/

Edited by typhus

Cue the legal joke that is the NFL.  Some judge says he must be released.  Another one overturns that.  Rinse and repeat.

24 minutes ago, typhus said:

Granted, athletes can't sign autographs for everybody, but it's generally a bad move to ignore a cancer patient.

Google it/

I did and I found out he has a cancer foundation, and that he's made several visits to cancer patients this season.

It's sad to say, but athletes can't cover everyone who wants an autograph, even when it's somebody who we all think should be first in line. I don't know the story, if he accidentally missed that person or if there was a reason behind it, but like you I wish that person would have got his autograph.  I'm not going to call him a scumbag when I see he does a lot of good.....much more than the bad.

7 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

I did and I found out he has a cancer foundation, and that he's made several visits to cancer patients this season.

It's sad to say, but athletes can't cover everyone who wants an autograph, even when it's somebody who we all think should be first in line. I don't know the story, if he accidentally missed that person or if there was a reason behind it, but like you I wish that person would have got his autograph.  I'm not going to call him a scumbag when I see he does a lot of good.....much more than the bad.

Was a PR move to save face after the fact.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, typhus said:

don't derail, go start your own dumb thread.

29 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Cue the legal joke that is the NFL.  Some judge says he must be released.  Another one overturns that.  Rinse and repeat.

this.

and how funny would it be if the legal process dragged on (if it happened) and a resolution came next mid-season where week five, he's a FA. That would be awesome.

42 minutes ago, Montana is da Man said:

This may be a stupid question, but if he becomes a FA, can he just sign with the Packers again?

I'm certain he could, but he'd be an idiot to at least not consider offers. He could command $30 million from CLE

27 minutes ago, Shaft said:

People always want to cherry pick what fits their agenda. 

This.

however, I have no agenda against Ruthlessraper. I just think when you rape four women that you should not be allowed to play

6 hours ago, Montana is da Man said:

This may be a stupid question, but if he becomes a FA, can he just sign with the Packers again?

Yeah and the article I read pretty much said the owners don’t expect GB to lose Rodgers they just want to make him become a FA so GB has to pay a hefty sum of their cap space towards re-acquiring him

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

Yeah and the article I read pretty much said the owners don’t expect GB to lose Rodgers they just want to make him become a FA so GB has to pay a hefty sum of their cap space towards re-acquiring him

and if GB can only come up with $25mil/year and CLE offers him $200 MILLION over six years with half guaranteed?

Sorry, can't hear you over the sound of Charlotte McKinney rubbing my...what?  No that's not going to happen either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

and if GB can only come up with $25mil/year and CLE offers him $200 MILLION over six years with half guaranteed?

I take it you didn't get A's in math.

And really how many millions does the guy need...thinkin he might care about going to (or back to) a winner too.

25 minutes ago, BeeR said:

I take it you didn't get A's in math..

please explain.

On 2017-12-24 at 11:35 AM, Montana is da Man said:

Since it’s after the trade deadline, vested veterans must undergo the waiver process, meaning that if the league forced Green Bay to release him, he would be exposed to waivers and he’d be a giant... cause the browns would find a way to put in their claim 30 secs too late 

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2017 at 12:01 PM, typhus said:

You've got plenty of scumbags on your own team why not rip them apart?

As far as Schefter report and all the talk of Rodgers becoming a FA because of it, get the fudge outta here.

9 hours ago, saxmachine69 said:

Since it’s after the trade deadline, vested veterans must undergo the waiver process, meaning that if the league forced Green Bay to release him, he would be exposed to waivers and he’d be a giant... cause the browns would find a way to put in their claim 30 secs too late 

Sashi "The Fool" Brown is gone