[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

This can't be real.. can it?

ImThatDude

On 12/24/2017 at 11:26 PM, Monsterofthemidway said:

If you have the lead there shouldn’t be a stat correction. Looks like they already corrected it. Looks like Wilson’s kneel down was originally counted as -1 passing yds when it should have been rushing yards. He had two kneels at the end of the game. What a way to win! 

No during the game he got sacked for a loss of one. the 2nd to last knee pushed him back 1 yard or .1 points thus giving me the superbowl W.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Another example of why decimal system is garbage.  At least you learned your lesson!

Decimal system is garbage?  Please explain, as we're planning to start using decimal scoring next year have not heard that it was garbage before.

19 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Decimal system is garbage?  Please explain, as we're planning to start using decimal scoring next year have not heard that it was garbage before.

Besides looking sloppy as hell, you'll have instances like this where a QB kneeling 3 times will lose you the game outright, or a 1 yard run can make a difference.  I dunno, in my experience it's never helped anything, just created moments where you want to kill yourself.

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

Besides looking sloppy as hell, you'll have instances like this where a QB kneeling 3 times will lose you the game outright, or a 1 yard run can make a difference.  I dunno, in my experience it's never helped anything, just created moments where you want to kill yourself.

I understand this. What your'e saying makes sense. I like that ties are rare and if 2 kneel downs makes you lose then it was a close game and that is how it goes. Ties suck.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdko said:

It only makes those things more likely, doesn't create them on its own. We get a point per 50 passing yards, if my QB is at 250 and kneels a few times I lose a point, now if he kneels a few times I might only lose a fraction of a point. Same goes for all yardage bonuses.

Labeling something that is so widespread as "garbage" just sounds like another sport talk hot take.

Also if you want to take your life over fantasy football you should take a break (I know just more sports talk hyperbole, because its cool to talk that way).

We have yet to decide what we're doing on the actual fractions, rushing/receiving yards is easy since they're both 1pt/10 now, and will change to 0.1pt/yard.  Passing is 1pt/50yard, and we'll probably do 0.1pt/5yards, rather than go into 2 decimal digits so every passing yard would impact the score (0.02/yard).

One benefit will be no ties, but we don't have that many and generally don't feel they were a problem.

6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

One benefit will be no ties, but we don't have that many and generally don't feel they were a problem.

They're never a problem, until they are.  Once they are...things can get ugly.     

7 minutes ago, Def. said:

They're never a problem, until they are.  Once they are...things can get ugly.    

Maybe for you or some other leagues, not for us. Standings with a tie never got ugly, our rules clearly stated how ties were handled and how records with a tie worked (e.g. 6-5-2 is the same as 7-6, 8-4-1 is better than 8-5).

Playing in a league with whiners, complainers, cheaters and a-holes is where most problems come from.

1 hour ago, loaf said:

very rarely will a kneel down cost you a game. Decimal scoring is the only way to go.

Agree 100% - and I’ve been caught on both ends of the decimal scoring (winning and losing). For statistical purposes though (with or without Fantasy) I don’t think a kneel down should be counted because your giving yourself up. Plus, some QB’s kneel down at -1, some at -2 or -3. But it’s always counted as -1. Just my opinion and I can see both sides. 

In our 20+ year Friends & Family PPR league, we finally switched to decimal scoring 2 years ago (after years of my continued insistence) and have never looked back. Resolved the tie issue and everyone really likes the fact that you get credit for every yard gained (or lost).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, loaf said:

very rarely will a kneel down cost you a game. Decimal scoring is the only way to go.

Do you play in H2H also?  I understand the rationale of wanting to get every single yard of your performers to represent their performance, but then you play H2H which really doesn't show who has the best team in the league, so what's the damn point?

30 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Playing in a league with whiners, complainers, cheaters and a-holes is where most problems come from.

Same people in the same league for 20 years with clear cut rules too...regardless when there's over a grand on the outcome someone is going to feel shafted and understandably so.  Just take it as a cautionary tale.