[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One-and-Done Playoff Contest (Old School)

Gopher

This one is pretty basic.  No PPR, no flex, no DST.  Pick a different QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, and kicker each week, for the four weeks of the NFL playoffs.  There is some strategy involved, not only in picking the players that score the most points each week (obviously), but also in making sure that you leave yourself a QB (not to mention a kicker, etc.) for the SB.  The other piece that makes this interesting is that, even if you are nowhere close to finishing in the top five, you can bring home a decent chunk of change by going for it all in any given week (last year's high score netted $135). 

Scoring

TD pass - 4

TD rush/rec - 6

2 pt conv pass/rush/rec - 2

Rush/Rec yards - .1 (point for every 10.... decimal scoring)

Pass Yards - .05 (point for every 20.... decimal scoring)

FG - 3

PAT - 1

Cost is $20. As a general rule, we've typically allowed one entry per person.  However, I simply need a unique email address for each entry/team.  In other words, I'm not going to police whether someone has multiple teams, if that makes sense.  Last year's payout structure is below.  The actual amounts may fluctuate slightly, depending on the number of participants, but as long as it doesn't rise/drop significantly from last year, it will remain the same (top five and weekly high scores).  If you are interested in a spot, send me a PM, and I'll get you an invite to MFL.  If my inbox happens to be full (which happens a lot this time of year), post that you are interested in this thread, and I'll contact you.  I've also included a link to the site, in case you want to browse the scoring, rules, or previous results.

Karl's Playoff Contest

Top 5 scorers (cumulatively over four weeks):

1st place - $500

2nd place - $250

3rd place - $150

4th place - $100

5th place - $60

Weekly high scores  (Weeks 18 through the SB) - $75 each

Single-week highest score (highest of the $75 winners) - $60

Any questions, let me know.  :)

Edited by Gopher

On 12/27/2017 at 6:43 AM, buddahj said:

In

You were in last year, correct?

On 12/27/2017 at 9:37 AM, kdko said:

I'm in, would you use Venmo to collect payments, or..?

Sending you a PM. 

On 12/27/2017 at 10:04 AM, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

In.... Payment sent.

Got it.  I won't be tracking payments here (too many participants are non-Huddlers).  There will be a Payments topic created on the MFL message board, probably later today/tonight.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Gopher said:

You were in last year, correct?

Sending you a PM. 

Got it.  I won't be tracking payments here (too many participants are non-Huddlers).  There will be a Payments topic created on the MFL message board, probably later today/tonight.  Thanks.

Yes I was in. I look forward to improving on my 12th place finish last year. 

Just to reiterate, I will not be tracking/confirming payments here.  I have started a payment thread on the MFL message board, that contains both payment instructions and a list of paid participants. 

I think we hit exactly 71 people the past two years.  Hoping we get close to that number again this year.  What is interesting is that, even though the group has grown every year (well, except maybe last year), it's definitely becoming noticeably harder to gain more participants than we lose.  If I had to guess, I would chalk that up to the simple fact that there are so many other options online.... You can go to just about any FF site and find a post-season contest, ranging from the free variety to some fairly big-money options.  When I started this in the early 2000's, there wasn't much else to do after Week 16 (at least that I was aware of).