[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Black Monday Tomorrow

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

12 hours ago, stethant said:

This is my wish list, minus Arians. So many bad/badly managed teams and yet fans keep ponying up with tickets. Imagine if at the Browns season opener there were literally no fans in the stadium. How long would Hue last then?

Problem is some teams keep firing and hiring but don't get anybody better or give them time to show that. That just creates massive player and scheme turnover, it is part of why teams like the Browns are a mess now. The current thinking is that former GM Sashi Brown made some terrible choices, forced Hue to have players that didn't fit what he wanted, and thefore it was difficult to win. Hue will almost certainly hire an OC to take charge there, and hopefully be more in tune with new GM Dorsey and get players to help the team.

While the team was horrible and went 0-16 they were not often blown out, and played some good teams well losing by a slim margin.

Losses by 3 or less PIT, @IND, NYJ, TEN(OT)

losses by single score (8 or less) GB(OT), @PIT

losses by 14 or more @BAL, CIN, @HOU, MIN, @DET, @CIN, BAL, @CHI

Ok now that I've done the analysis and wrote it out, not as good as I thought. Last in points scored, turnovers (for and against), and 2nd from last in points allowed.

If Jackson does not show some improvement this year (not talking just a 1-2 wins, or even 3-5, real player improvment, with both offense and defense playing better) he'll be gone after this year.

As for fans not showing up, I no longer have season tickets, but I can say for sure I would have bailed something during the last 5 years if I still did.

Hiring a first-time head coach, only to fire him after one season, makes about as much sense as people who try fad diets that advertise "results in 30 days," only to switch to another one two weeks into it.  Hiring Joseph may have been a bad move in the first place, but how do you know at this point?  Firing him would be an even worse move.  Like someone else said, you pretty much committed to giving him at least a couple of years when you hired him (or at least that's what anyone with a fair amount of common sense would assume). 

21 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

you're right, but when I suggest firing Vance, i'm also saying to fire Elway. Fire everyone. Restart with an experienced GM and a conservative experienced HC. i wonder if Sasha Brown and Brian Billick could work well together?

here's an example of Elway's poor decision making even to consider mcadoo...

NBC Denver reports the Broncos are interested in ex-Giants coach Ben McAdoo for their opening at QBs coach.

They are reportedly also interested in ex-Bengals OC Ken Zampese. The Broncos have an opening after QBs coach Bill Musgrave was promoted to offensive coordinator in November. They announced Tuesday that Musgrave would remain offensive coordinator for 2018. McAdoo was Aaron Rodgers' quarterbacks coach in Green Bay before arriving in New York. He did poor work with Eli Manning and the Giants' offense.

Sashi Brown, former Browns front office bozo?  Surely you're not serious, guy was a complete disaster.