BeeR

NFL draft 2018

Top 4 picks locked:

1. Browns

2. Giants

3. Colts

4. Browns (via Texans)

Could be interesting on offense if they go QB of choice, then Barkley. More confidence the new GM will make smart choices.

If Darnold doesn't come out is Rosen really the choice, I hear he has character issues-?  I'd love Barkley in Coltland, tho I know they have numerous needs...and NY might beat them to it, think that O healthy with Barkley at RB, yikes

17 hours ago, BeeR said:

If Darnold doesn't come out is Rosen really the choice, I hear he has character issues-?  I'd love Barkley in Coltland, tho I know they have numerous needs...and NY might beat them to it, think that O healthy with Barkley at RB, yikes

i actually like rosen more than darnold

18 hours ago, BeeR said:

With what line to run behind?

i don't follow college nor prospects, tho I watch the draft... I heard that there are 5-6 highly rated QB prospects this year? Is that true? If so, why wouldn't teams, like CLE, trade back or trade from the 2nd into the late 1st to get a QB?

Cleveland has 2 top 4 picks. In the NFL you take the one you want, not the one left on the board (as in fantasy football). They can still trade back up into the first for another player (to get that 5th year option) and have 3 firsts.

25 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

In the NFL you take the one you want, not the one left on the board (as in fantasy football).

that's letting your ego get in the way of success.

I'm not saying there's a Dan Marino in this draft, but he was the 6th QB taken at the end of the 1st round. Since he was a first ballot HoF, you can't really say that Elway or Kelly were that much better than him even tho they had more success. Since there are too many variables, why not play value and odds.

If you're going to relate FF, since I stopped trying to be clever and I put my ego aside, I have been winning consistently. Of the top 4-6 QB prospects in this class, is there one or two that realy truly stand out from the others?

Cleveland should just draft 2 QB's instead of trying to guess the right one :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LordOpie said:

that's letting your ego get in the way of success.

I'm not saying there's a Dan Marino in this draft, but he was the 6th QB taken at the end of the 1st round. Since he was a first ballot HoF, you can't really say that Elway or Kelly were that much better than him even tho they had more success. Since there are too many variables, why not play value and odds.

If you're going to relate FF, since I stopped trying to be clever and I put my ego aside, I have been winning consistently. Of the top 4-6 QB prospects in this class, is there one or two that realy truly stand out from the others?

The thing is - they can guarantee they get a QB with the 1st/4th pick, they cannot guarantee they can trade up from the second round ahead of anyone to get the last one on the board. Other teams may offer more for the same pick or move ahead of them. It could cost the second plus a future first depending on how high the final QB is sitting at. No ego involved, it's just not good odds or economics. They already control the draft board right now.

23 hours ago, kdko said:

Cleveland should just draft 2 QB's instead of trying to guess the right one :lol:

Which 2? What if they are both busts?  Heck some are labeling Myles Garrett a bust because he could't stay healthy, and he was the consensus #1 pick.  Is there a consensus this year?

51 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Which 2? What if they are both busts?  Heck some are labeling Myles Garrett a bust because he could't stay healthy, and he was the consensus #1 pick.  Is there a consensus this year?

I think he was joking because if you draft two in the 1st round, then neither gets a real opportunity and you destroy both.

On 1/1/2018 at 2:51 PM, kdko said:

With what line to run behind?

That's what FAs are for.  And high 2d round picks.  I'll take Barkley and whatever they can get that way than some Mongo OL with the 3d pick and whoever they might get at RB later (Guice etc). Barkley has the ability to be special like no OL in the draft does and would be more of a difference maker than they would.  Easily.  Ditto for DE in case someone is about to bring up Chubb.

i don't follow college nor prospects, tho I watch the draft... I heard that there are 5-6 highly rated QB prospects this year? Is that true?

No.  There are basically 2 considered really top picks in Darnold and Rosen, and Darnold might not come out, and neither is really consider a Luck-type sure thing.  Allen is considered very boom/bust and Mayfield's size (barely 6') scares many teams. 

Kind of odd hearing Luck and sure thing now, he'll be 4 years removed from his great start (3 straight 11-5 seasons, with some nice stats) if he returns next year.

Yeah have to wonder how much damage all those sacks have really done, if not physically, mentally.  I guess I shouldn't kick if they take a OL with that top pick but I really think Barkley (if he even falls) is the move.  Gore has done well to hang on this long but he's barely passable now if that and Mack isn't more than a backup type.

Now is the time of year I start to study the draft class. :tup:

Rashaad Penny.  He's going to be the best RB of the 2018 draft class.  Draft him liberally wherever you can in the late rounds, reach a little bit if he lands in a very favorable situation.  He will be the lead dog somewhere.  I wasn't wrong about Kamara before the draft this year!