[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL draft 2018

BeeR

50 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

If they covet Mayfield as much as the media is trying to portray they should take Barkley at 1 and another top flight talent at 4 like Fitzpatrick or Daveport then trade back into the first round and draft Mayfield.....then we can draw more comparisons to Manziel

Regardless the answer could be to draft a QB late 1st early 2nd, his name is Mason Rudolph

Guy I work with really likes Josh Allen, hard for me to gauge college talent since I don't follow it.

I like a QB outside of the 1/4 picks, so long as we don't move up/down to pick 1.22 to take a QB, after Quinn and Manziel I think that move is cursed.

On 2/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, loaf said:

Could be smokescreen stuff though

Most things I've heard so far sound like smokescreen.  With so many blue chip quarterbacks available but no consensus number one pick, there is going to be more bs-ing than in most years.  There is also bound to be a trade or two in those top picks.  Personally, I don't think the Colts can pass on Saquon.  Lately, teams have been hesitant to draft running backs early in the draft.  But the last 5 running backs picked in the first round (Gurley, Gordon, Elliot, McCaffrey, and Fournette) have all panned out nicely.  Any team would benefit from an improved running game but it'll be especially helpful to Luck since a legit run game will prevent defenses from teeing off on him.  Saquon also has elite pass protection skills.  He allowed zero quarterback hits and 4 hurries this last year.  He is exactly what the Colts' offense and Andrew Luck needs.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

don't forget Weeden, also at 22 :D

Or Aaron Rodgers at 1.24.  :) Sure an extreme exception, but it's pointless to play the such-and-such happened like this so it will happen the same way the next time.  It depends on the specifics.  And IMO the Browns taking Barkley would be wise.  Much more of a sure thing and there is no QB head and shoulders above any other among the top few so they could still get one at 1.04.  I'd much rather Barkley plus Allen or whoever (or even Fitz and nab Rudolph later) than Darnold and whoever after that. 

I'm fine with Barkley (1.01) and one of the top QBs at 1.04 (or somebody else that's likely to not bust).

I am not somebody saying "must be QB at 1.01, but some fans are saying that, they don't all want it, but many think the Browns will be afraid to pass on a QB there, and have another "we could have had Wentz" situation. Of course they could take the wrong QB at 1.01 and still have that, but at least they could say "well we did take a QB, just not the right one".