BeeR

NFL draft 2018

1 hour ago, Shorttynaz said:

Colts are rumored to be all in for Chubb, even if Barkley is there.  

That figures :rolleyes:  Chubb is good, but he's no Myles Garrett type of talent.  Not near the diff maker Barkley is.  But if they can't trade down and Barkley is (as expected) gone, Chubb is probably the best pick.  Fitz is a sweet alternate choice and I know they need to try and (for the first time in forever) build a legit D.  I'm just sick of half-ass RBs and Barkley is, at least on paper, Peterson-level good, if not better.

But if he's there and the Colts pass on him I will personally drive to Indy to beat the living shat out of Ballard.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, loaf said:

From what I'm reading, there's no way we take Barkley at 1. It's a QB. Could be smokescreen stuff though

but why?

There is a game changing RB and four really good QBs. Why not take whichever QB is left at #4? You know there will be at least two to choose from

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

but why?

There is a game changing RB and four really good QBs. Why not take whichever QB is left at #4? You know there will be at least two to choose from

I think the player comps are funny. I’ve heard the AP comp, NFL.com has gotten a little carried away, or they are brilliant one of the two. 

Barkley- Barry Sanders

Chubb- Chris Long

Fitzpatrick- Budda Baker

Darnold- Andrew Luck

Allen- Jake Locker

Rosen- Trent Green

If comps were real, give me Barry Sanders 2.0 at 1.01

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

I think the player comps are funny. I’ve heard the AP comp, NFL.com has gotten a little carried away, or they are brilliant one of the two. 

Barkley- Barry Sanders

Chubb- Chris Long

Fitzpatrick- Budda Baker

Darnold- Andrew Luck

Allen- Jake Locker

Rosen- Trent Green

If comps were real, give me Barry Sanders 2.0 at 1.01

those QBs are some extreme comparisons, unless they think Darnold's career will also end in injury early. What about Mayfield?

yeah, barry sanders is a no brainer.

8 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

those QBs are some extreme comparisons, unless they think Darnold's career will also end in injury early. What about Mayfield?

yeah, barry sanders is a no brainer.

Mayfield they have comped at Doug Flutie

Here's a link to the draft profiles and grades

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-grade

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, LordOpie said:

but why?

Not sure what source loaf has saying it will be a QB at 1.01, I do keep hearing fans say WE MUST TAKE A QB #1, most say "because we keep passing on them and we need one", not very rational. Its not that different from fantasy drafts, what would they prefer Barkley their chose of at least 2 of the top 4 QBs or their top choice at QB and ??? at 1.04. (Not sure what they'd do at #4, sure Barkley if he is there.)

Is there a QB the Browns covet? Do they covet Barkley?

As I said before, which FA QB they get could impact their decisions.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Not sure what source loaf has saying it will be a QB at 1.01, I do keep hearing fans say WE MUST TAKE A QB #1, most say "because we keep passing on them and we need one", not very rational. Its not that different from fantasy drafts, what would they prefer Barkley their chose of at least 2 of the top 4 QBs or their top choice at QB and ??? at 1.04. (Not sure what they'd do at #4, sure Barkley if he is there.)

Is there a QB the Browns covet? Do they covet Barkley?

As I said before, which FA QB they get could impact their decisions.

If they covet Mayfield as much as the media is trying to portray they should take Barkley at 1 and another top flight talent at 4 like Fitzpatrick or Daveport then trade back into the first round and draft Mayfield.....then we can draw more comparisons to Manziel

Regardless the answer could be to draft a QB late 1st early 2nd, his name is Mason Rudolph 

Edited by jamesplante11

50 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

If they covet Mayfield as much as the media is trying to portray they should take Barkley at 1 and another top flight talent at 4 like Fitzpatrick or Daveport then trade back into the first round and draft Mayfield.....then we can draw more comparisons to Manziel

Regardless the answer could be to draft a QB late 1st early 2nd, his name is Mason Rudolph

Guy I work with really likes Josh Allen, hard for me to gauge college talent since I don't follow it.

I like a QB outside of the 1/4 picks, so long as we don't move up/down to pick 1.22 to take a QB, after Quinn and Manziel I think that move is cursed.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Guy I work with really likes Josh Allen, hard for me to gauge college talent since I don't follow it.

I like a QB outside of the 1/4 picks, so long as we don't move up/down to pick 1.22 to take a QB, after Quinn and Manziel I think that move is cursed.

don't forget Weeden, also at 22 :D

What’s funny is I believe the Bills own back to back 21/22 and that’s a spot Cleveland had been rumored to trade too

2 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

What’s funny is I believe the Bills own back to back 21/22 and that’s a spot Cleveland had been rumored to trade too

so Bills use those to jump to #4 to get a QB?

The top 4 QB prospects, Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen will all be gone by pick #6, maybe 5.  There are several teams who would be happy to move up to 3 or 4 or 5 depending on who gets Cousins.  

Cards

Giants

Browns
Jets

Bills
Dolphins
Jags

Definitely 7 teams I could see going for a QB in the 1st/2nd.  Any more you guys can think of?

On 2/7/2018 at 9:54 AM, loaf said:

Could be smokescreen stuff though

Most things I've heard so far sound like smokescreen.  With so many blue chip quarterbacks available but no consensus number one pick, there is going to be more bs-ing than in most years.  There is also bound to be a trade or two in those top picks.  Personally, I don't think the Colts can pass on Saquon.  Lately, teams have been hesitant to draft running backs early in the draft.  But the last 5 running backs picked in the first round (Gurley, Gordon, Elliot, McCaffrey, and Fournette) have all panned out nicely.  Any team would benefit from an improved running game but it'll be especially helpful to Luck since a legit run game will prevent defenses from teeing off on him.  Saquon also has elite pass protection skills.  He allowed zero quarterback hits and 4 hurries this last year.  He is exactly what the Colts' offense and Andrew Luck needs.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kdko said:

Cards

Giants

Browns
Jets

Bills
Dolphins
Jags

Definitely 7 teams I could see going for a QB in the 1st/2nd.  Any more you guys can think of?

DEN, WAS, MIN, DET, NOS, KC, SD, OAK, NEP, PIT, BAL... I guess if you include 2nd round, then there's probably 20 teams that would strongly consider a QB.

But I doubt the top 4 QBs go in the first 10 picks.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Personally, I don't think the Colts can pass on Saquon.

This is why CLE either needs to draft Saquon or trade down. If DEN gets Cousins, Kenuum, or another veteran starter, I could see DEN and CLE trade. CLE still gets their pick of QB and acquires more assets.

20 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Ah yes, I thought there was one more but couldn't remember who.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Or Aaron Rodgers at 1.24.  :) Sure an extreme exception, but it's pointless to play the such-and-such happened like this so it will happen the same way the next time.  It depends on the specifics.  And IMO the Browns taking Barkley would be wise.  Much more of a sure thing and there is no QB head and shoulders above any other among the top few so they could still get one at 1.04.  I'd much rather Barkley plus Allen or whoever (or even Fitz and nab Rudolph later) than Darnold and whoever after that. 

57 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Or Aaron Rodgers at 1.24.  :) Sure an extreme exception, but it's pointless to play the such-and-such happened like this so it will happen the same way the next time.  It depends on the specifics.  And IMO the Browns taking Barkley would be wise.  Much more of a sure thing and there is no QB head and shoulders above any other among the top few so they could still get one at 1.04.  I'd much rather Barkley plus Allen or whoever (or even Fitz and nab Rudolph later) than Darnold and whoever after that. 

agreed. I've been saying that but it sounds like CLE fans don't agree?

I'd rather have Barkley and Minkah

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm fine with Barkley (1.01) and one of the top QBs at 1.04 (or somebody else that's likely to not bust).

I am not somebody saying "must be QB at 1.01, but some fans are saying that, they don't all want it, but many think the Browns will be afraid to pass on a QB there, and have another "we could have had Wentz" situation. Of course they could take the wrong QB at 1.01 and still have that, but at least they could say "well we did take a QB, just not the right one".

Yeah it's a classic hindsight is 20/20 thing.  But the safe/logical play is Barkley first, whoever second.  Worst case if NY takes Darnold, trade down, they should likely have suitors who are chasing another Wentz/Goff hopeful.