[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carson Palmer retiring

Big John

1 hour ago, Riffraff said:

Does this mean he has quit on 3 teams? Possibly an NFL record for a starting QB.

I wouldn't classify this time as quitting. He's 38, injured this season, and on a team going through transition. It's time to hang up the cleats. 

ETA: What does this mean for Fitz is the bigger question. 

Edited by Shaft

22 hours ago, Riffraff said:

Does this mean he has quit on 3 teams? Possibly an NFL record for a starting QB.

Quit on teams?  Why would you say that? Palmer doesn't seem like a quitter to me.

Retiring after a 14 year career, with a pile of accumulated injuries is quittting?

Did he kick your dog or something?

18 hours ago, LordOpie said:

he threatened retirement in CIN. That was uncool. Rumor is he pushed his way out of OAK. So that's two. The three part is a joke about the first two.

Don't recall that stuff with CIN, but then I ignore more of the drama stuff than some, unless my team is involved. So I researched a bit before replying and see that was an issue, and he was traded to Oakland, Bengals got some good draft picks in return. Based on a lot of tne negative stuff I've heard about the Bengals franchise, wanting to be traded from that team is not a bad idea. As for OAK, don't recall that either but wasn't going to start reading more.

Sounds like people take some of what other write to heart , I found Palmer a quitter article which says "we all know he quit on the Bengals". Hmm, I didn't know that was some provable fact, sounds like an opinion. I've heard of plenty of players saying they wanted to be traded, don't remember them being called quitters. Just seems like people with an axe to grind with Palmer.

im honestly surprised this team didn't make a call on jimmy g and offer something better than what SF did.....this was my surprise team to get in the mix for him going back before the season started.....the writing was on the wall with carson and they still have a pretty good overall team that would be ready to compete with a good qb...and they had networked with the pats on chandler jones.....this was the team I expected to make a play for him.....don't know that they didn't but it would have been a good place also