[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Down to 15....

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Quite an impressive list this HOF year this year....

Ray Lewis, LB
Brian Urlacher, LB
Edgerrin James, RB
Randy Moss, WR
Terrell Owens, WR
Isaac Bruce, WR
John Lynch, S
Brian Dawkins, S
Everson Walls, DB
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli, OT
Kevin Mawae, C
Joe Jacoby, OT
Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alen Faneca, OG

My picks would be....
1. Ray Lewis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Joe Jacoby
4. Isaac Bruce
5. John Lynch

Both Randy Moss and Terrell Owens belong. Moss unquestionably as one of the best WR to ever play football and Owens was too but has all his baggage that drags him down. But he too was incredibly talented and productive.

WR glut will continue, hope one of the OL get in, all are pretty deserving and it is still the really under appreciated position in football.

Lewis is the only for sure, and I suspect one each WR, OL, DB. I remeber Walls the least, Lynch and Dawkins were studs, Law is good too but benefits greatly from being part of those Pats SB winning teams. Yes he was a big part, but those teams were pretty stacked on defense.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Didn't say it makes you wrong, just that you're going to think your players are more special than others.

So It’s ok that I think Moss is better than the other two because you (and anyone with eyes) agree, but you really don’t know how to judge how good Law was, don’t recognize that Bill Belichick designed his defense around Law, and don’t understand the impact he made by forcing the competition commitee to redefine the rules after he made Peyton manning look like a rube game after game.  Gotcha. ;) 

On 1/3/2018 at 8:41 AM, JoJoTheWebToedBoy said:

Quite an impressive list this HOF year this year....

Ray Lewis, LB
Brian Urlacher, LB
Edgerrin James, RB
Randy Moss, WR
Terrell Owens, WR
Isaac Bruce, WR
John Lynch, S
Brian Dawkins, S
Everson Walls, DB
Ty Law, CB
Tony Boselli, OT
Kevin Mawae, C
Joe Jacoby, OT
Steve Hutchinson, OG
Alen Faneca, OG

My picks would be....
1. Ray Lewis
2. Edgerrin James
3. Joe Jacoby
4. Isaac Bruce
5. John Lynch

Scratching my head over having Bruce, but no Moss or T.O.  The personal issues keeping them out?

Same applies for James.  He was a beast, but I don't think there was ever a point where he was ever the single best RB in the league.

I'd say...

Lewis

Moss

T.O

Lynch

Dawkins (heart of that philly D)

Jacoby

Faneca

Tons of good OL that deserve to be in, but all wont be pushed through this year.

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

What rule did they change due to ty law ?

They didn't technically change a rule but officials started putting an emphasis on calling defensive backs for contact beyond 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.  People point to the 2003 season AFC Championship game where Law played Marvin Harrison very physically and shut him down as the reason for the change.  My guess is that the real reason is a lot of defensive backs were playing physically and the NFL likes to promote offense.

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

They didn't technically change a rule but officials started putting an emphasis on calling defensive backs for contact beyond 5 yards from the line of scrimmage.  People point to the 2003 season AFC Championship game where Law played Marvin Harrison very physically and shut him down as the reason for the change.  My guess is that the real reason is a lot of defensive backs were playing physically and the NFL likes to promote offense.

Yeah that rule is referred to as the Mel Blount Rule, when they implemented the 5 yard contact rule in 1977, i didn't want a pats fan tooting Laws horn too hard :nono:

I mean when they start, I won’t say changing the rules, but changing the rules because of the way he plays then there’s probably something to be said for that. I mean they didn’t change them-change them, but we all know what happened,” Belichick said.

Belichick is referring to Law’s performance against Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts in the 2003 AFC Championship Game. Law recorded three interceptions and helped the Patriots defense lock down the Colts receivers. Because the game was so physical, the NFL adjusted their rules in the following offseason to be more sensitive to illegal contact penalties.

Close enough for government work ;)

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Yeah that rule is referred to as the Mel Blount Rule, when they implemented the 5 yard contact rule in 1977, i didn't want a pats fan tooting Laws horn too hard :nono:

LOL.  Pats fans truly believe the world revolves around them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Pats fans truly believe the world revolves around them.

Was totally trying to have him say they changed the rule because of Ty, maybe Bill is not aware that they actually already had the rule or perhaps Law was the only one refs weren't calling penalties on ? ;)