kdko

Brady Worked to Force Garrapolo Out of NE?

Recommended Posts

 

 

Wowsers.  Kraft better hope Brady can play well into his 40's.  Jimmy G looks like the real deal, and it seems like Belichick has less persuasion over ownership than Brady.  If this is true, it's an ugly situation and I could see Belichick exiting NE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this story is circulating big time in a lot of the sport circuits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garra...

Polo...

 

I find the story unlikely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I could see it, 3 competitive egos, very possible. Happened to much higher profile superstars in the past, bands like Pink Floyd , Guns n Roses to name a few , eventually after years and years of success, egos can clash, i know Colin Cowherd is a knucklehead but his take here is pretty interesting 

 

https://twitter.com/ColinCowherd/status/949124622942810112

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Garra...

Polo...

 

I find the story unlikely

 

I dunno.  Hypothetically, if it was true, i'm sure the Patriots organization would try to put a lid on this kind of story as quickly as possible and it would be hard to discern the truth anyway.  The more I think about it, the more reasons I can think of as to what it could make sense though. 

 

:tinfoilhat: alert:  With as talented as Garappolo has looked so far, and being Belichick's surprising 2nd round pick, he naturally has a penchant for him and might feel like he had seen enough to know he's the future of the franchise, and that you need to strike while the iron is hot.  For all of Belichick's quirks, do you think he really cares about Brady's feelings, or legacy?  The man is not human, and very well could be a psychopath.  I could see him benching Brady for Jimmy G if he really felt like he'd give him the better chance of winning.  Minus the acumen (which obviously counts the most), it's really hard to say how much Brady really has over Garappolo.  Garappolo has been making a lot happen with even less weapons than Brady.  Additionally, he won every game he started of in favor of Brady in his absence.  In comes Brady, going over Belichick and straight to Kraft, working his looks and charm to ship off the only QB FA out there that could possibly replace him (as well as knowing the system).  I dunno.  That was fun to type and I wouldn't be shocked if some of it was true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where is the Patriots homer with his take? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, kdko said:

 

I dunno.  Hypothetically, if it was true, i'm sure the Patriots organization would try to put a lid on this kind of story as quickly as possible and it would be hard to discern the truth anyway.  The more I think about it, the more reasons I can think of as to what it could make sense though. 

 

:tinfoilhat: alert:  With as talented as Garappolo has looked so far, and being Belichick's surprising 2nd round pick, he naturally has a penchant for him and might feel like he had seen enough to know he's the future of the franchise, and that you need to strike while the iron is hot.  For all of Belichick's quirks, do you think he really cares about Brady's feelings, or legacy?  The man is not human, and very well could be a psychopath.  I could see him benching Brady for Jimmy G if he really felt like he'd give him the better chance of winning.  Minus the acumen (which obviously counts the most), it's really hard to say how much Brady really has over Garappolo.  Garappolo has been making a lot happen with even less weapons than Brady.  Additionally, he won every game he started of in favor of Brady in his absence.  In comes Brady, going over Belichick and straight to Kraft, working his looks and charm to ship off the only QB FA out there that could possibly replace him (as well as knowing the system).  I dunno.  That was fun to type and I wouldn't be shocked if some of it was true.  

They haven't had a chance to put a lid on it yet, very fresh story and sudden quick turn around in terms of when this airing was announced to be in existence and when it is airing, to me that speaks volumes about the sources/ reliability of the intel. Very interesting. 

Edited by Gourdeau
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have trouble believing that it was Brady pitted against Belichick and that Kraft chose Brady.  Brady only has 2 or 3 more years left in him at the most.  Belichick could possibly be around a lot longer.  But I could believe that Brady might have been pitted against Garappolo.  That he might have met with Kraft to persuade him that he was going to play for a few more years and for Kraft to allow Garappolo to be traded.

 

But I hope all of this hoopla isn't fake news and that Belichick does leave New England.................for the Packers!  The Packers job is the best job in football.  The most storied franchise with the most rabid fans and no pesky, meddling owner trying to interfere.  And Aaron Rodgers.

 

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nothing like a good ole patriots playoff  time "smear" piece

 

I don't have much to say at this point...id like to think none of its true and all is good in patriot land....but wickersham pretty much nailed the guerrero story awhile back

 

IMO, even as good as jimmy as looked, it was time to set jimmy free......its one thing if brady was injury riddled and looking broke down like peyton was.....but he still looks fine and could have another 2-3 good years in him which would make holding both useless.....its hard to jettison someone who has done as much as brady if he isn't obviously slowing down or injury riddled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

 

IMO, even as good as jimmy as looked, it was time to set jimmy free......its one thing if brady was injury riddled and looking broke down like peyton was.....but he still looks fine and could have another 2-3 good years in him which would make holding both useless.....its hard to jettison someone who has done as much as brady if he isn't obviously slowing down or injury riddled

 

 

If Jimmy turns out to be the next Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford, then it'll look like the right move as long as Brady keeps playing at his current high level for a couple more years.  But if Jimmy turns out to be a truly elite quarterback, it'll end up looking like a foolish move.  Just think if the Packers had traded Aaron Rodgers for a second round pick to keep Favre for his last few years (2 of which were still really good years).  Or if San Francisco had traded Steve Young to keep Joe Montana for those last two years.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I have trouble believing that it was Brady pitted against Belichick and that Kraft chose Brady.  Brady only has 2 or 3 more years left in him at the most.  Belichick could possibly be around a lot longer.  But I could believe that Brady might have been pitted against Garappolo.  That he might have met with Kraft to persuade him that he was going to play for a few more years and for Kraft to allow Garappolo to be traded.

 

But I hope all of this hoopla isn't fake news and that Belichick does leave New England.................for the Packers!  The Packers job is the best job in football.  The most storied franchise with the most rabid fans and no pesky, meddling owner trying to interfere.  And Aaron Rodgers.

 

 

I would love to see Bill go to a shotty team like the giants or jets and completely turn them around and watch and see How the pats and thomas make out without him, could u imagine what he could do with Aaron or a team like pittsburgh

Edited by Gourdeau

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

If Jimmy turns out to be the next Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford, then it'll look like the right move as long as Brady keeps playing at his current high level for a couple more years.  But if Jimmy turns out to be a truly elite quarterback, it'll end up looking like a foolish move.  Just think if the Packers had traded Aaron Rodgers for a second round pick to keep Favre for his last few years (2 of which were still really good years).  Or if San Francisco had traded Steve Young to keep Joe Montana for those last two years.

 

I agree.....for the most part

 

I love all 3...kraft, brady and belichick.....but at the end of the day if mr kraft feels some sentimentality(not even sure if that's a word) towards brady could you blame him....I mean...the 4th quarter against the seahawks....the 2nd half last year against atl(which wasn't perfect but still had some throws most other qbs cant make ie his first down throw to Hogan)......brady has had some rough games here and there but overall youre still getting very good qb play........and some incredible moments in the last 3 years still

 

I look at this way....you took out insurance in the event that brady hit a sharp decline.....jimmy served his purpose.....and now the policy has just about expired...and you got a chance to get a full refund on that policy.....jimmy deserves his shot but it just wasn't destined to be here.....while im very intrigued and looking forward to seeing what jimmy can do with shannahan and an up and coming team I also think we may need to pump the breaks a bit on the jimmy love just a hair.....but the whole story line gets sensationalized because its the patriots....

 

ive always been on the side of trading jimmy...even before the season started....maybe its me wanting to hold on to something I hold dear.....but I was always for it.....I just hope it really doesn't cause the kind of rift that people are saying exists now...as they say "everything ends badly otherwise it wouldn't end"........to me the whole legacy that is at stake here with brady and belichick is worth sending jimmy out of town........even if it stunts a future 2-3 years from now

 

what are you going to do? hold brady and franchise jimmy at the end of the year? trade brady after 2 superbowl wins in 3 years and a 13-3 record? the pats were in a catch 22 here and had to do something...to me they chose the lesser of two evils

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

 

I would love to see Bill go to a shotty team like the giants or jets and completely turn them around and watch and see How the pats and thomas make out without him, could u imagine what he could do with Aaron or a team like Pittsburgh

I could honestly see him taking over a team like the giants and winning that division and making them a 12 win team if he could fix that offensive line....if he brought scarnechia with him....theres a ton of talent on that offense...and some on that defense......but of course bill leaving will also cause another wave...who will go with him and who will stay and pledge allegiance to the organization or take a chance on staying and becoming the chief?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I could honestly see him taking over a team like the giants and winning that division and making them a 12 win team if he could fix that offensive line....if he brought scarnechia with him....theres a ton of talent on that offense...and some on that defense......but of course bill leaving will also cause another wave...who will go with him and who will stay and pledge allegiance to the organization or take a chance on staying and becoming the chief?

 

Ive always believed that Bill is the key to their success and that he gets knocked too much for his Cleveland failures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

like I said...at the end of the day you have jimmy coming up in free agency

 

you trade a cult hero who has 2 superbowl wins in the last 3 years and a 13 win regular season....brady the icon....?

 

you franchise jimmy and commit that kind of money to a guy that will be sitting and rob him of another year/years of a chance to be the starter?

 

you run the same risk when you trade brady.....brady goes somewhere else and wins 12 games.....jimmy starts and only wins 11 games and doesn't get homefield and the local guys are still whining and crying  just cause that's what they do

 

I realize wickersham is not boston media...so this article doesn't relate to it....but the boston sports media is the absolute worst....the local talk stations are just terrible...full of fans that are never happy....full of writers and reporters that are always trying to find big crisis...or be the smartest person in the room and be the one who is "right"....its a manureshow

 

for instance...all weve heard this year is...."Gilmore stinks belichick blew that one"..."hey can we find a sign of tom brady getting old yet"...."bradys crossfit trainer aint allowed on the sidelines anymore omg"..."pats 3rd down defense stinks how will they ever win like this or fix it"...."omg jimmy g is the greatest qb who ever lived how could they only get a 2nd for him and why on earth did we trade him at all"

 

meanwhile dion lewis averaged 5 yards a carry....made PFF 2nd team all pro behind gurley....ranked first in PFFs "elusive" stat which measures yards gained beyond where blockers help...led nfl backs in catch percentage...no fumbles on 212 touches....0 dropped passes and finished 6th in PFFs pass blocking rating....

 

but nobody cares or writes about that stuff
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gourdeau said:

 

Ive always believed that Bill is the key to their success and that he gets knocked too much for his Cleveland failures. 

his Cleveland failure had a lot to do with, what he believed, was a meddling owner...which he swore he would never have again....and to this point kraft has let him do his thing....which means that it def could be the end if bill really feels slighted.....at the same time...if he was slighted, you have one time in 17 years he was overruled....that's not too bad....and I cant blame kraft for overruling if he indeed did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kdko said:

Where is the Patriots homer with his take? 

Why would I comment on something that nobody can corroborate or really has any idea about unless they have direct inside knowledge?

 

A better question: do you dream about me at night?  I seem to be on your mind :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Garappolo trade, the take this AM on Toucher and Rich, by Rich, was that his reliable source in the Patriots organization tells him that trading Jimmt G was all Bill.

 

Maybe he thought about it like this:  in the Offseason, they were trying to sign JG to a contract that would work for the team.  JG would not sign.  At the time they wanted to keep JG because there was no knowing if Brady had found the cliff that everyone eventually falls off.

 

They traded Brissett because they needed WR help.

 

They only traded JG because a situatuin came up where they could get a back-uo QB that they knew could run the offense and get up to speed very quickly.

 

As for the rest of it, who knows.  There is definitely rumor that Alex Guerrero was getting way out of bounds conflictinf with the training staff, so that had to be reigned in.  I think the media is making a bigger deal of that than it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Why would I comment on something that nobody can corroborate or really has any idea about unless they have direct inside knowledge?

 

A better question: do you dream about me at night?  I seem to be on your mind :lol:

 

I dreamed about you last night  :unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Regarding the Garappolo trade, the take this AM on Toucher and Rich, by Rich, was that his reliable source in the Patriots organization tells him that trading Jimmt G was all Bill.

 

Maybe he thought about it like this:  in the Offseason, they were trying to sign JG to a contract that would work for the team.  JG would not sign.  At the time they wanted to keep JG because there was no knowing if Brady had found the cliff that everyone eventually falls off.

 

They traded Brissett because they needed WR help.

 

They only traded JG because a situatuin came up where they could get a back-uo QB that they knew could run the offense and get up to speed very quickly.

 

As for the rest of it, who knows.  There is definitely rumor that Alex Guerrero was getting way out of bounds conflictinf with the training staff, so that had to be reigned in.  I think the media is making a bigger deal of that than it is.

that's what the media, especially locally, does with the patriots...make a bigger deal out of stuff than it really is...or try to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Big Country said:

 

I dreamed about you last night  :unsure:

❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kdko said:

 

I dunno.  Hypothetically, if it was true, i'm sure the Patriots organization would try to put a lid on this kind of story as quickly as possible and it would be hard to discern the truth anyway.  The more I think about it, the more reasons I can think of as to what it could make sense though. 

 

:tinfoilhat: alert:  With as talented as Garappolo has looked so far, and being Belichick's surprising 2nd round pick, he naturally has a penchant for him and might feel like he had seen enough to know he's the future of the franchise, and that you need to strike while the iron is hot.  For all of Belichick's quirks, do you think he really cares about Brady's feelings, or legacy?  The man is not human, and very well could be a psychopath.  I could see him benching Brady for Jimmy G if he really felt like he'd give him the better chance of winning.  Minus the acumen (which obviously counts the most), it's really hard to say how much Brady really has over Garappolo.  Garappolo has been making a lot happen with even less weapons than Brady.  Additionally, he won every game he started of in favor of Brady in his absence.  In comes Brady, going over Belichick and straight to Kraft, working his looks and charm to ship off the only QB FA out there that could possibly replace him (as well as knowing the system).  I dunno.  That was fun to type and I wouldn't be shocked if some of it was true.  

that's my point about it not being true. I agree with what you say, especially about the part of belichek just wanting to win and not caring about anyone's legacy or feelings.

 

what are the odds that Kraft said, "Bill, trade G or you're fired?" Doesn't Bill have final say on everything (except his own job)? Would kraft threaten Bill? Couldn't Bill get a job with a dozen teams yesterday?

Also, any rumors that NEP offered G a contract extension? If not, then I don't believe any of this. If they thought that much of G, then they would've tried to extend him at the beginning of the season, yeah?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

that's my point about it not being true. I agree with what you say, especially about the part of belichek just wanting to win and not caring about anyone's legacy or feelings.

 

what are the odds that Kraft said, "Bill, trade G or you're fired?" Doesn't Bill have final say on everything (except his own job)? Would kraft threaten Bill? Couldn't Bill get a job with a dozen teams yesterday?

Also, any rumors that NEP offered G a contract extension? If not, then I don't believe any of this. If they thought that much of G, then they would've tried to extend him at the beginning of the season, yeah?

I do believe the pats probably tried to extend jimmy g...and that it was before the season started....but he likely rejected it as it wasn't "starter" money and there was no guarantee when his day to start would have come

 

you have to remember jimmy g and brady have the same agent....its likely that don yee advised jimmy to turn down the offer

 

it just makes sense...even if the patriots offered him 7-8 mil to be a backup would you take that knowing that you might be 28-29 by the time you got a chance to be a starter and build something? and now look at him...hes going to get at least double that from san fran...at least

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI pats have issued a joint statement from kraft, brady and belichick shooting it all down...which I would expect them to do anyway even if the rumors had any truth

 

but personally I don't buy the whole piece from wickersham......even here in boston there are writers in the last week writing pieces like "I have a theory...that deflategate cost the patriots jimmy g" with a whole explanation that since kraft didn't feverishly defend brady at every turn and backed off his aggression towards the league that somehow he was making things up to ole tommy for it.......with the local media it can never be the simplest explanation.....jimmy wanted to start and isn't going to resign with the patriots anyway.....it was time to get a refund on your insurance policy...the pats got a full refund on it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.