kdko

Brady Worked to Force Garrapolo Out of NE?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

 

nice.  No wonder so many people despise Pats fans.  You guys bring it on yourselves and it is well deserved.

Again, good luck to you.  Peace and out.

speaking of "amateur"....have you been watching film on the qbs the jets have rostered?!?!?!  Bryce petty cant even remember to take his hat off before he puts his helmet on! LOL

 

we bring it on our selves eh? well...there might be some truth to that statement......but I also find a lot of you anti patriots guys are similar to the kids at recess....im sure you know the kind.....the ones that would slap a kid out of nowhere while no one was looking....then go crying to the teacher when they got laid out after that .....or the teacher caught the kid getting drilled and they both accused the retaliator of being a bully....

 

I find a lot of people like to say things like "belicheat"....never give any real credit to the patriots...knock them for things out of jealousy....and then cry bloody murder when patriots fans defend the patriots or retaliate........even when a lot of these people actually give an ounce of credit its usually followed by a backhanded compliment......some people never grow up DCAT....don't ever change champ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Def. said:

 

Bored this morning so I'll bite.  Please show me where I have taken an anti-patriots stance or made a biased comment due to being a Dolphins fan. 

DCAT-pats completely bungled the situation

YOU-(IIRC)-lose/lose for pats

 

who exactly have you been watching to make such claims? both of you( I'm not even trying to come off a smug elitist).......belichick on one hand is a master of value(or usually is)...values picks....rarely bungles many situations as his track record would suggest

 

what determines "bungled" or "lost"?

 

as ive said...maybe the 3.5 years of backup service and insurance alone was worth the 2nd round pick he spent on him....to belichick....again he has completely cut 1st rounders within 2 years....and has had many 2nd round busts.....so how do u know he wasn't happy to have that and the 2nd round pick he just got was considered an actual gain? there are many factors here that aren't considered when assessing what belichick did or didn't get......I think you assume from a different point of view that all things are equal to belichick and all of the other teams around the league

 

your comment may seem reasonable at first glance...or to you...but you are assuming belichick is conventional, had certain expectations and operates the same way everyone else does....his track record suggests otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Def. said:

 

Bored this morning so I'll bite.  Please show me where I have taken an anti-patriots stance or made a biased comment due to being a Dolphins fan. 

also

 

you said this...." Plus the topic has shifted from the original posted ESPN article and other things to how Pats fans view and value Brady, which was never a debated topic.  "

 

so u know bradys value to pats fans and how they view him....yet called this a lose/lose for the pats?!?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

speaking of "amateur"....have you been watching film on the qbs the jets have rostered?!?!?!  Bryce petty cant even remember to take his hat off before he puts his helmet on! LOL

 

we bring it on our selves eh? well...there might be some truth to that statement......but I also find a lot of you anti patriots guys are similar to the kids at recess....im sure you know the kind.....the ones that would slap a kid out of nowhere while no one was looking....then go crying to the teacher when they got laid out after that .....or the teacher caught the kid getting drilled and they both accused the retaliator of being a bully....

 

I find a lot of people like to say things like "belicheat"....never give any real credit to the patriots...knock them for things out of jealousy....and then cry bloody murder when patriots fans defend the patriots or retaliate........even when a lot of these people actually give an ounce of credit its usually followed by a backhanded compliment......some people never grow up DCAT....don't ever change champ!

 

changing the topic to the Jets?  Why?  Deflection?  This was about the Pats trade of Jimmy G.

 

And yes, I'm the first to tell you how much the Jets and its management suck balls.  They are putrid.  So if you are trying to get me rattled by ridiculing them, LOL, I'm right there with you.  Bowles is a very bad HC.  Incapable of controlling the locker room (like Rex) and very poor game planning and just horrendous in-game management.  Clueless.  Maccagnan has been, at best, a mediocre GM (per some jets fans)  and I think he has been downright bad (I argue with other Jets fans about this).  I wanted them both evicted this offseason.  But the moronic ownership of the Jets gave these two cretins extensions.  I've argued that Petty sucks since the day he was picked in the 4th round.  And the drafting of Hackeberg in round 2 was just inexplicable.  So if you want to poke fun at the Jets, you'll be here a long long time because there is so much garbage with this team, it is unbelievable.

 

So if you want to make fun of the Jets, go right ahead.  They deserve it.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Meanwhile, the trading of Jimmy G, I suspect, will be regretted by Pats fans down the road.  We shall see.

 

Next time stay on topic and don't try to deflect to another topic.  Doing so is evidence that your side of the argument just sucks. 

Edited by Dcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

 

changing the topic to the Jets?  Why?  Deflection?  This was about the Pats trade of Jimmy G.

 

And yes, I'm the first to tell you how much the Jets and its management suck balls.  They are putrid.  So if you are trying to get me rattled by ridiculing them, LOL, I'm right there with you.  Bowles is a very bad HC.  Incapable of controlling the locker room (like Rex) and very poor game planning and just horrendous in-game management.  Clueless.  Maccagnan has been, at best, a mediocre GM (per some jets fans)  and I think he has been downright bad (I argue with other Jets fans about this).  I wanted them both evicted this offseason.  But the moronic ownership of the Jets gave these two cretins extensions.  I've argued that Petty sucks since the day he was picked in the 4th round.  And the drafting of Hackeberg in round 2 was just inexplicable.  So if you want to poke fun at the Jets, you'll be here a long long time because there is so much garbage with this team, it is unbelievable.

 

So if you want to make fun of the Jets, go right ahead.  They deserve it.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Meanwhile, the trading of Jimmy G, I suspect, will be regretted by Pats fans down the road.  We shall see.

 

Next time stay on topic and don't try to deflect to another topic.  Doing so is evidence that your side of the argument just sucks. 

lol....theres 10 pages of me in here staying "on topic" and discussing the jimmy g trade

 

I suggest you brush up before you make such an idiotic claim...ive been discussing this thing for days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

lol....theres 10 pages of me in here staying "on topic" and discussing the jimmy g trade

 

I suggest you brush up before you make such an idiotic claim...ive been discussing this thing for days

 

dude, you just changed the topic to the Jets in your last post.  Are you denying that?  Off topic = deflection = message board pfail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

YOU-(IIRC)-lose/lose for pats

 

Exact quote...

 

On 1/5/2018 at 2:43 PM, Def. said:


That Pats didn't sell Jimmy at his peak value and didn't retain him if he truly does turn out to be the next coming.  Lose/Lose either way you want to try and frame it.  Again, rare mistake for the Pats but definitely a mistake none the less in my view.  Don't think being an "outsider" makes it any more or less black and white. 

 

Please again explain how this shows an anti-patriot stance or bias based on being a fan of a different team.  The Pats did not sell him at peak value, and did not retain him if that was their intent.  So again, I'd like to know where I am attacking the Patriots and making unreasonable observations based on my bias.  

 

5 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

also

 

you said this...." Plus the topic has shifted from the original posted ESPN article and other things to how Pats fans view and value Brady, which was never a debated topic.  "

 

so u know bradys value to pats fans and how they view him....yet called this a lose/lose for the pats?!?!?

 

It is possible to call a specific action, in this case the Jimmy G. trade, a mistake and indeed not imply the "doom of the franchise" as you so eloquently constantly try to force onto my opinion.  I used lose/lose to show they did not achieve either objective in the trade (sell high or retain) and have not implied any other affect on the team from that.  Again, will ask how this is an attack or a biased view based on the exact words stated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Def. said:

 

Exact quote...

 

 

Please again explain how this shows an anti-patriot stance or bias based on being a fan of a different team.  The Pats did not sell him at peak value, and did not retain him if that was their intent.  So again, I'd like to know where I am attacking the Patriots and making unreasonable observations based on my bias.  

 

 

It is possible to call a specific action, in this case the Jimmy G. trade, a mistake and indeed not imply the "doom of the franchise" as you so eloquently constantly try to force onto my opinion.  I used lose/lose to show they did not achieve either objective in the trade (sell high or retain) and have not implied any other affect on the team from that.  Again, will ask how this is an attack or a biased view based on the exact words stated. 

" I used lose/lose to show they did not achieve either objective in the trade (sell high or retain)"

 

you are assuming your objective(or the objective of the average nfl franchise) is the same as belichicks....

 

when you say its lose/lose you are assuming that you understanding every possible situation/objective belichick has and are dismissing them all....which is nuts given who belichick is and how revered he is......there are tons of possible objectives by belichick here.....but you assume hes playing by the same book as every other team in the league ....which he never really has done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

 

dude, you just changed the topic to the Jets in your last post.  Are you denying that?  Off topic = deflection = message board pfail.

GTFO man...gimme a break...ive explained the trade over 10 pages...u want my stance on it again? reread through the 10 pages in which ive argued it.....stop wasting our time here with your nonsense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for instance....if the browns would have given them the 4th pick...which would have been what every other franchise would love to get(I'm assuming you think this is one of the best possible outcomes)....can you assume belichick wants to hand out guaranteed money to an unproven player? can you assume belichick is interested in that pick when he cant be guaranteed he can trade down out of it?....Solomon Thomas got like 17 mil signing bonus and 28 mil guaranteed.....can you assume belichick wants to hand that out to an unproven and possibly cause resentment when he hasn't paid other guys that have proven more? belichick has gotten by ok without picking in the top 10 most of his 17 years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

" I used lose/lose to show they did not achieve either objective in the trade (sell high or retain)"

 

you are assuming your objective(or the objective of the average nfl franchise) is the same as belichicks....

 

when you say its lose/lose you are assuming that you understanding every possible situation/objective belichick has and are dismissing them all....which is nuts given who belichick is and how revered he is......there are tons of possible objectives by belichick here.....but you assume hes playing by the same book as every other team in the league ....which he never really has done

 

This does not answer the question posed to you.  Please advise, again, where I was anti-patriot or biased. 

 

Also please note on your side point, I will assume that all teams wish to either retain their assets they have deemed valuable or sell them at peak value, because it is hard to imagine any franchise would not want to do that.  That is the very essence of asset management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Def. said:

 

This does not answer the question posed to you.  Please advise, again, where I was anti-patriot or biased. 

 

Also please note on your side point, I will assume that all teams wish to either retain their assets they have deemed valuable or sell them at peak value, because it is hard to imagine any franchise would not want to do that.  That is the very essence of asset management. 

the very second you said "lose/lose" you showed your bias......it implied you believed the article to be true.....most likely because you wanted it to be true

 

it also implied that you know what the patriots/belichick value or what their objectives are......or what value they have placed on the parties involved

 

how you know that the next 2-3 years of bradys career, and the potential of adding to an already incredible legacy, aren't more important to them than the first 8 years after he retires? you don't......you are also basically implying they don't know what they are doing......which implies bias

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Def. said:




  Well most were shouted away if they had a differing opinion, even if it was a reasonable one.  Plus the topic has shifted from the original posted ESPN article and other things to how Pats fans view and value Brady, which was never a debated topic.






  Not to mention the two dillweed Pats homers who keep telling us all to shut up because we're not Pats fans so we aren't allowed to have opinions. Just look at their repsonses, not worth reading past the first sentence where they tell us all how superior they are. You know since they made the brilliant decision to be Pats fans. Who knew, I guess Bulls fans were the smartest in the NBA while Jordon was winning those titles.




 




Why are people even trying to discuss this anymore, Pats fans have spoken, the rest of us should just GUMMI BEAR and go away, we're stupid and know nothing.


Edited by stevegrab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

 

Not to mention the two dillweed Pats homers who keep telling us all to shut up because we're not Pats fans so we aren't allowed to have opinions. Just look at their repsonses, not worth reading past the first sentence where they tell us all how superior they are. You know since they made the brilliant decision to be Pats fans. Who knew, I guess Bulls fans were the smartest in the NBA while Jordon was winning those titles.

I pity you...for several reasons....I really do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

the very second you said "lose/lose" you showed your bias......it implied you believed the article to be true.....most likely because you wanted it to be true

 

it also implied that you know what the patriots/belichick value or what their objectives are......or what value they have placed on the parties involved

 

how you know that the next 2-3 years of bradys career, and the potential of adding to an already incredible legacy, aren't more important to them than the first 8 years after he retires? you don't......you are also basically implying they don't know what they are doing......which implies bias

 

I speak simply and I mean what I say.  You have yet again taken your own bias and implied it into my posts. You then turn around and attack with your misconceptions.  That is not how you debate a topic, and is quite frankly hypocritical you.  You say you love to talk football, but I'm guessing many don't like discussing it with you because you are the type to shout until people simply stop talking.  

 

Blowhards I am willing to discuss with, but hypocritical blowhards are not worth the effort.  Some friendly advise...start with the man in the mirror. 

 

  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Def, you’re fine.  Maybe a little off in a few spots, but i wouldn’t say biased.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NAUgrad said:

Yeah I gotcha.  It would virtually be impossible to let Brady go at anytime really.  As a matter of fact, I'll bet exactly the opposite happens.  Of course he's playing at a ridiculous level now.  Could still be there for a few more years.  When the wheels fall off though, I'll bet he continues to remain the guy because of his past success.  Probably longer than he should even when he starts throwing picks all day.  He really has earned the right to play and start as long as he wants.  Even more than Favre ever earned that right.  I just don't see anyone moving him or releasing him from the Pats.........ever!!!  

 

That's not to say that the Garrapolo trade doesn't end up being a bad move.  Given the situation though, the Pats had no choice and did what any franchise would do in the same situation.  Brady stays........period.

 

The bolded above is the only reason I brought up Marino. I understand Marino doesn't have the career resume that Brady has. But his level of play fall off was notable, yet he remained as a liability. This is probably what you all are going to face in New England. Your best chance of avoiding such a fate would be if Brady gets Wally Pipped by the franchise's QB of the future. 

 

Rereading some of my comments, I guess I'm a heartless bastard to some extent. I have been focused solely on what makes business sense. I do think releasing Brady after this season would have been an option if they had kept Garoppolo. However, I'm not even sure what sort of cap relief that would provide. And unceremoniously dumping Brady to the curb is pretty harsh to do to a long-tenured franchise QB (let alone the GOAT). So yeah, I'll concede that fatal flaw in my plan. It seems as if New England just groomed the heir apparent too early and were screwed over by Brady's late-career success (though contending for SBs is hardly getting screwed over).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is an interesting theory I heard recently as to why Brady is motivated to defy the odds, and it has to do with selling the TB12.  Sure, he’s a competitive guy, wants like heck to win again at least once, etc.

 

that being said, what better ‘walking billboard’ for the TB12 method could there be than for Tom to have unprecedented success in his 40s.  I can see how that would affect his thinking and keep him doing whatever is necessary to stay at the top of his game s few years longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

There is an interesting theory I heard recently as to why Brady is motivated to defy the odds, and it has to do with selling the TB12.  Sure, he’s a competitive guy, wants like heck to win again at least once, etc.

 

that being said, what better ‘walking billboard’ for the TB12 method could there be than for Tom to have unprecedented success in his 40s.  I can see how that would affect his thinking and keep him doing whatever is necessary to stay at the top of his game s few years longer.

 

Technically that's a hypothesis.  Makes sense though, and I don't doubt that has something to do with him wanting to play forever.  I personally see him going the way of the Eli sooner rather than later, I guess we'll have to wait and see though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Fantasy football is not a physics class, Herman :lol:

 

No excuse to misuse a word and sound like a dumbass :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Def. said:

 

I speak simply and I mean what I say.  You have yet again taken your own bias and implied it into my posts. You then turn around and attack with your misconceptions.  That is not how you debate a topic, and is quite frankly hypocritical you.  You say you love to talk football, but I'm guessing many don't like discussing it with you because you are the type to shout until people simply stop talking.  

 

Blowhards I am willing to discuss with, but hypocritical blowhards are not worth the effort.  Some friendly advise...start with the man in the mirror. 

 

  

ok man....whatever you say...

 

you guys are right...pats are dumb...dumb trade....they got nothing...they are probably pissed....brady gonna throw 6 ints this weekend or next...the run is over....jimmy g going to the hall...prob gonna down as the greatest of all time....frisco faves to win superbowl next year

 

none of you harbor any hate or animosity towards the patriots...its me...i really hate the dolphins and jets and browns and everyone else....

 

you literally have a guy in here telling us "if you prorate garoppolos stats theyre better than bradys and thats with SF"...cept theyre not....you have guys in here saying "have fun when brady throws 6 ints in a playoff game like marino"....brady barely throws 6 ints in a year....and has 5 rings and a host of other credentials marino doesnt have a whiff of......but im supposed to sit here and act like every person in here bashing the pats for this move is doing this without a shred of bias and looking at it through the lense of belichick/kraft/patriots fans? LOL......whatever man....im done with this......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caveman_Nick said:

There is an interesting theory I heard recently as to why Brady is motivated to defy the odds, and it has to do with selling the TB12.  Sure, he’s a competitive guy, wants like heck to win again at least once, etc.

 

that being said, what better ‘walking billboard’ for the TB12 method could there be than for Tom to have unprecedented success in his 40s.  I can see how that would affect his thinking and keep him doing whatever is necessary to stay at the top of his game s few years longer.

thats what the media, especially locally, does....throw out every possibility and play every angle......its kind of gross

 

dan shaugnessy was on tennesse radio today and he was basically saying "i dont think the pats are that good...ive been saying it for awhile...i keep waiting for someone to step up but they keep throwing parades by my house".........this guy is worse than some of the guys here....they are killing him on EEI.......talking about how he hated the krafts family for years cause they didnt invite him to a breakfast lol

 

maybe brady is motivated for his "brand"...or maybe hes just super motivated to defy the odds because thats what hes known for and wants to cement a legacy that cant be touched......sometimes its just the simplest answer....brady has always been motivated before there was the hundreds of millions and the brand and all of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.