[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Worked to Force Garrapolo Out of NE?

kdko

17 minutes ago, kdko said:

Chillax and crunk are in the dictionary too if you're coming with that.  They're not anything close to the same thing.  I'm not trying to appear like anything, it's just amusing to me when it's coming from people that have been dripping with arrogance this whole time. 

Huh, what do those have to do with theory and hypothesis?  Are you trying to say theory and hypothesis do not have the same basic meaning?

Ok so you weren't nit picking to look clever, but to take a shot at the arrogant Pats homers. It was still nit picking IMHO. This ain't the mensa board, its football fans.

25 minutes ago, kdko said:

Chillax and crunk are in the dictionary too if you're coming with that.  They're not anything close to the same thing.  I'm not trying to appear like anything, it's just amusing to me when it's coming from people that have been dripping with arrogance this whole time.  

We aren’t attempting to validate scientific concepts, moran.  My use of the word is perfectly acceptable in the context of its use.  Use a dictionary before you try and criticize word usage, unless you are trying to look like a dummy.

48 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Huh, what do those have to do with theory and hypothesis?  Are you trying to say theory and hypothesis do not have the same basic meaning?

Ok so you weren't nit picking to look clever, but to take a shot at the arrogant Pats homers. It was still nit picking IMHO. This ain't the mensa board, its football fans

Yes...cause they aren't. 

In short, theory = proven without a reasonable doubt.  Hypothesis = subject to debate, criticism, etc.  Steve... you might be the ,ost nitpicky guy on the board.  I thought you'd understand where i'm coming from :lol: 

49 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

We aren’t attempting to validate scientific concepts, moran.  My use of the word is perfectly acceptable in the context of its use.  Use a dictionary before you try and criticize word usage, unless you are trying to look like a dummy.

Hey moran, A. it's not, B. if you want to continue sounding like a moran, continue using it liberally in the way you do, and C.  I'll still call you out every time cause i'm an educator. :coffee: 

Also, refer back to the Kellerman video previously posted.

4 hours ago, kdko said:

Yes...cause they aren't. 

In short, theory = proven without a reasonable doubt.  Hypothesis = subject to debate, criticism, etc.  Steve... you might be the ,ost nitpicky guy on the board.  I thought you'd understand where i'm coming from :lol: 

Hey moran, A. it's not, B. if you want to continue sounding like a moran, continue using it liberally in the way you do, and C.  I'll still call you out every time cause i'm an educator. :coffee: 

Also, refer back to the Kellerman video previously posted.

You are just flat out wrong.

From Merriam-Webster:

"Definition of theory

plural theories
1 : a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena the wave theory of light
2 a : a belief, policy, or procedure proposed or followed as the basis of action her method is based on the theory that all children want to learn
b : an ideal or hypothetical set of facts, principles, or circumstances —often used in the phrase in theory in theory, we have always advocated freedom for all
3 a : a hypothesis assumed for the sake of argument or investigation
b : an unproved assumption : conjecture
c : a body of theorems presenting a concise systematic view of a subject theory of equations
4 : the general or abstract principles of a body of fact, a science, or an art music theory
5 : abstract thought : speculation
6 : the analysis of a set of facts in their relation to one another"

:rofl: educator :rofl:

Edited by Caveman_Nick

:thinking:

Oxford English says:

1A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
‘Darwin's theory of evolution’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.1 A set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.
‘a theory of education’
mass noun ‘music theory’
More example sentencesSynonyms
1.2 An idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.
‘my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged’

Wait...Let's check dictionary.com...

noun, plural theories.
a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:
Einstein's theory of relativity.
Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.
a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.
Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.
Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject:
number theory.

:tab:

14 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

thats what the media, especially locally, does....throw out every possibility and play every angle......its kind of gross

dan shaugnessy was on tennesse radio today and he was basically saying "i dont think the pats are that good...ive been saying it for awhile...i keep waiting for someone to step up but they keep throwing parades by my house".........this guy is worse than some of the guys here....they are killing him on EEI.......talking about how he hated the krafts family for years cause they didnt invite him to a breakfast lol

maybe brady is motivated for his "brand"...or maybe hes just super motivated to defy the odds because thats what hes known for and wants to cement a legacy that cant be touched......sometimes its just the simplest answer....brady has always been motivated before there was the hundreds of millions and the brand and all of it

I like breakfast!!!!  :usa:

15 hours ago, Caveman_Nick said:

You are just flat out wrong.

I bet you use the word irregardless because it's in the dictionary now :lol: 

I know you two have been having a hard time getting this through your thick skulls (Caveman is fitting) when i've tried to simplify it, so here's further reinforcement (from your own source) since you're still having a hard time.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/difference-between-hypothesis-and-theory-usage

"A hypothesis is usually tentative, an assumption or suggestion made strictly for the objective of being tested.

A theory, in contrast, is a principle that has been formed as an attempt to explain things that have already been substantiated by data. 

Boom.  Class is over.

Edited by kdko

14 minutes ago, kdko said:

I bet you use the word irregardless because it's in the dictionary now :lol: 

I know you two have been having a hard time getting this through your thick skulls (Caveman is fitting) when i've tried to simplify it, so here's further reinforcement (from your own source) since you're still having a hard time.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/difference-between-hypothesis-and-theory-usage

"A hypothesis is usually tentative, an assumption or suggestion made strictly for the objective of being tested.

A theory, in contrast, is a principle that has been formed as an attempt to explain things that have already been substantiated by data. It is used in the names of a number of principles accepted in the scientific community, such as the Big Bang Theory. Because of the rigors of experimentation and control, its likelihood as truth is much higher than that of a hypothesis."

Boom.  Class is over.

You are a complete idiot.  Not all things one might theorize about are related to science.  Many words have multiple definitions. Your definition relates only to the use of the word with respect to scientific theory.

But please, keep arguing with the top dictionaries in the world.  It’s entertaining. :rofl:

Btw, from the article you linked:

In non-scientific use, however, hypothesisand theory are often used interchangeably to mean simply an idea, speculation, or hunch (though theory is more common in this regard)

you’re even proving yourself wrong.  Did you read the whole article or just enough to get a blurb you liked? :rofl:

5 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

You are a complete idiot.  Not all things one might theorize about are related to science.  Many words have multiple definitions. Your definition relates only to the use of the word with respect to scientific theory.

But please, keep arguing with the top dictionaries in the world.  It’s entertaining. :rofl:

When you sift through as much data as we do for fantasy football, how can it not be considered a science on a certain level?  Probably another concept beyond your grasp.  By your own logic, another definition of science is a systemically organized body of knowledge on a particular subject.  We're obviously never going to agree as displayed by your stubborness throughout this thread on anything you don't agree with, so i'm not going to waste anymore of my time on someone this dense.

Plenty of users have been around as long as you, with far less posts, and far more likes.  Amusing, and proof you're shyte.

2 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Btw, from the article you linked:

In non-scientific use, however, hypothesisand theory are often used interchangeably to mean simply an idea, speculation, or hunch (though theory is more common in this regard)

you’re even proving yourself wrong.  Did you read the whole article or just enough to get a blurb you liked? :rofl:

If your read further - 

"Since this casual use does away with the distinctions upheld by the scientific community, hypothesis and theory are prone to being wrongly interpreted even when they are encountered in scientific contexts"

AKA morans like you are dumbing this down.  Peace.

• 3 weeks later...

I just heard a statement on one of the media row shows on sirius that there was 2nd sourced confirmation this week that Kraft forced the jimmy G trade, i cant find anything anywhere on google about this, did anyone else here about this and have a link ? The statement was included in a hot take theory as to why Bill Belichek is likely to retire or leave after this game 

He used the analogy that when a couple is happily married for ever and then suddenly out of nowhere one of the two start changing who they are, things like they're suddenly " at work " late every night, go out with the boys more, more independently social, not as affectionate at home, not engaged at home, the alarm bells sound off for trouble in paradise, fell out of love? Maybe an Affair??

This year for the first time (reportedly) Bill endorsed and encouraged  3 of his staff to go out and get HC gigs, apparently when McDaniels went to Denver that was not with Bill"s help nor was it his preference (stated by the host) apparently this year he went out of his way to help them get gigs (again stated by the host). He out of the blue traded both succeccsion plan qbs for next to nothing ( nothing depending who you talk to) , and now this week Bill has been unusually very loose with the media and has been out in public, recently last night at a basketball game, something apparently hes never done in the past. 

Im looking for the link on the 2nd source saying the trade was forced because if its not true than likely there is nothing to this hot take but if it is true then it's certainly compelling given that the 2 Bills documentary echoes loud and clear that both Parcells and Belicheck were always clear that they never would work for an owner that interferes. Just genuinely interested cause I personally can't envision the league without darth hoodie and darth hoodie is not darth hoodie in another coloured hoodie

3 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

I just heard a statement on one of the media row shows on sirius that there was 2nd sourced confirmation this week that Kraft forced the jimmy G trade, i cant find anything anywhere on google about this, did anyone else here about this and have a link ? The statement was included in a hot take theory as to why Bill Belichek is likely to retire or leave after this game 

He used the analogy that when a couple is happily married for ever and then suddenly out of nowhere one of the two start changing who they are, things like they're suddenly " at work " late every night, go out with the boys more, more independently social, not as affectionate at home, not engaged at home, the alarm bells sound off for trouble in paradise, fell out of love? Maybe an Affair??

This year for the first time (reportedly) Bill endorsed and encouraged  3 of his staff to go out and get HC gigs, apparently when McDaniels went to Denver that was not with Bill"s help nor was it his preference (stated by the host) apparently this year he went out of his way to help them get gigs (again stated by the host). He out of the blue traded both succeccsion plan qbs for next to nothing ( nothing depending who you talk to) , and now this week Bill has been unusually very loose with the media and has been out in public, recently last night at a basketball game, something apparently hes never done in the past. 

Im looking for the link on the 2nd source saying the trade was forced because if its not true than likely there is nothing to this hot take but if it is true then it's certainly compelling given that the 2 Bills documentary echoes loud and clear that both Parcells and Belicheck were always clear that they never would work for an owner that interferes. Just genuinely interested cause I personally can't envision the league without darth hoodie and darth hoodie is not darth hoodie in another coloured hoodie

although im sure statement/radio show you are talking about probably isnt a local new england show....its what the media does...especially with two weeks and all the hoopla surrounding them recently.....they delve into every possible angle and look for every possible tell sign....our local media does that all the time and are great at it

for instance...so this week tom brady released a 5 segment show called "tom vs time" on facebook watch...five seperate 15 minute episodes...with the last one being released on superbowl sunday.....some here speculated "is there some meaning.....why release the last one on superbowl sunday....is he trying to tell us something? is he possibly going to make some sort of announcement in this? at the end of it?".......oooohhhhh!!!! LOL

theyve even speculated that tom says "i wanna play 5 more years" all the time because when he walks away hes going to do it out of nowhere because he doesnt want a year long "farewell tour like derek jeter and david ortiz"

im not saying that maybe there isnt truth to bill wanting to leave or be done.....we just really wont know........but ill say this....before i dont think belichick felt like mcdaniels was ready....and thats why he wasnt endorsing his move.....mcdaniels has more seasoning and experience now....and patricia is probably as ready as anyone....he also has guys like brian flores who could prob come in and he feels comfortable having taking over for patricia...not to mentions bills kids......bill recently came out and said that his son steven is one of his "most trusted assistants"....and he may feel hes ready for more responsibility

and the basketball game? well several local media guys have complained how sick they are of being in the mall...and thats after a just a few days......not to mention the t'wovles coach is a local new england guy and lifelong pats fan whom belichick has hosted at pats practices

like i said..with the media these days its rarely the simplest answers

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1