[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Worked to Force Garrapolo Out of NE?

kdko

3 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

mo, i have to agree with the consensus that they undersold him.  It’s really hard to argue.  I can maybe justify why they did it, considering the stack of circumstances, but it’s hard to say that he isn’t at least as good of a QB prospect as anyone coming out right now.

the only real justification for what happened was that the team did not think they could get something better done after he was FT’d, and they knew in this situation they would cover backup QB

this was written following the trade

"On Monday night, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport reported the Cleveland Browns, the most rumored suitor, did not offer more than a second-round pick during the offseason."

10 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

if I was a 9ers fan id have stars in my eyes too...i can freely admit that...does that mean jimmy has succeeded? absolutely not...he hasnt done anything....are you ready to bet your life he wins 1 MVP award? im not

the patriots did get a return on the investment....you call it priming and prepping your future qb.....others might call it hedging a bet or prepping in the event of disaster......the policy has expired......

if the patriots held onto him they would have to clear 10 mil just to franchise him....now whats that figure? now what team wants to pay for jimmy g at that pricetag with no real idea of what he will do for them....you guys are getting the 5 game look at him with SF then equating to getting that to all the possible situations ie pats trading him before season and after

I didn't know you needed to win an MVP award to succeed......Sorry Antonio Brown, you unsuccessful, mediocre WR.

4 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

ur basing a "mistake" on a 5 game end to a what was a 1 win season...its impressive.....but its hardly the clearest indicator jimmy is a 10 year star and MVP winner in this league....

implying the patriots made a mistake also implies doom for the franchise in this situation...it absolutely does

Nope, not what I typed or implied...yet again.  Not going to bother, you only read what you want to hear anyways.  :peace:

10 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

if I was a 9ers fan id have stars in my eyes too...i can freely admit that...does that mean jimmy has succeeded? absolutely not...he hasnt done anything....are you ready to bet your life he wins 1 MVP award? im not

the patriots did get a return on the investment....you call it priming and prepping your future qb.....others might call it hedging a bet or prepping in the event of disaster......the policy has expired......

if the patriots held onto him they would have to clear 10 mil just to franchise him....now whats that figure? now what team wants to pay for jimmy g at that pricetag with no real idea of what he will do for them....you guys are getting the 5 game look at him with SF then equating to getting that to all the possible situations ie pats trading him before season and after

Well, Brady wasn't the MVP this year imo either, and you can't say that Garappolo wouldn't have done just as well playing for the Patriots this year.  Like I said, he's done more with less, and if you extrapolated his stats this year he would have finished with better numbers than Brady....on the 49ers.  Food for thought.

1 minute ago, jamesplante11 said:

Or Next season could look like this....

-Bill waits for McDaniels and Patricia to take HC jobs and the retires or leaves

-Brady realizes hes in over his head and hangs it up

-Edleman doesn't come back full form

-Gronk gets hurt again

Then Kraft gets to stand there with his d**k in his hand with no QB to speak of because he let the ego of his lottery ticket get in the way of continuing a dynasty after the NN/Brady Era.

Here's a few stories Wickersham broke that everyone thought were ridiculous

- Tension in the Seattle locker room among the team (esp Sherman)  

- Tension between NE and Guerrero

- Jerry Jones having an issue with Goodell

- An article about Belichick wanting to turn the team over to Jimmy G on 11/7

- Harbaugh having an issue in SF

bill cold def wait for the coordinators to take jobs and then walk...absolutely

brady will not hang it up in that situation

gronk could get hurt tommorow

edelman could def not come back and be the slot machine

jerry jones having an issue goodell was a breaking story? eh ok.....i already admitted in this thread that he did do a guerrero story....i didnt say he hasnt ever been right

wickersham is also on local radio saying hes getting emails from local guys telling him hes "spot on"....yet somehow none of those guys followed and wrote the story?

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I didn't know you needed to win an MVP award to succeed......Sorry Antonio Brown, you unsuccessful, mediocre WR.

lolol...typical james...typical anti patriots...

ok let me rephrase james...so it resonates with you in your division "would you bet your life on jimmy being a 5 time 1st team all pro"?

that better? more relatable for you? 

2 minutes ago, kdko said:

Well, Brady wasn't the MVP this year imo either, and you can't say that Garappolo wouldn't have done just as well playing for the Patriots this year.  Like I said, he's done more with less, and if you extrapolated his stats this year he would have finished with better numbers than Brady....on the 49ers.  Food for thought.

how do you extrapolate stats that him playing against tj yates and sean mannion and a rams team with nothing to play for? 

and your opinion says brady wasnt the mvp....but the possibility exists that the voters feel differently...peter king has already stated he gave his to brady

Just now, jamesplante11 said:

They drafted him 2.28 I believe....and got a 2.9 for him. So the essentially groomed him and paid his salary just to get 0 return on investment for him. Sounds like a loss to me

idiotic logic

they got 4 years of him at 2nd round money.....now of course now that youve seen him reel off 5 wins its a loss...before that you had no idea....take away 2 of those wins and the pick is like 34....which would have doubled the value they paid for him on the trade chart......they had 4 years of a guy the liked and wanted to back up brady in the event of a disaster or emergency(like that suspension thing)

how many 2nd round guys are getting cut in the NFL from the teams that drafted them within 2-3 years...or traded for 5-6th round picks

you ever heard of kyle van noy?

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

lolol...typical james...typical anti patriots...

ok let me rephrase james...so it resonates with you in your division "would you bet your life on jimmy being a 5 time 1st team all pro"?

that better? more relatable for you? 

No not really, being successful doesn't mean you need a closet full of fancy trophies or awards. I don't think anyone is trying to say Jimmy G is better than Brady, more so that hes been relatively successful to start his career. You keep comparing his stats to Brady and that's not the argument. 

2 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

idiotic logic

they got 4 years of him at 2nd round money.....now of course now that youve seen him reel off 5 wins its a loss...before that you had no idea....take away 2 of those wins and the pick is like 34....which would have doubled the value they paid for him on the trade chart......they had 4 years of a guy the liked and wanted to back up brady in the event of a disaster or emergency(like that suspension thing)

how many 2nd round guys are getting cut in the NFL from the teams that drafted them within 2-3 years...or traded for 5-6th round picks

you ever heard of kyle van noy?

I'm certain you had no idea who he was when he played for Detroit

Its not idiotic logic, and Garoppolo didn't under perform to get cut or be traded for a 5/6, he excelled and got dumped for 0 return on investment 

Edited by jamesplante11

Just now, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

they got 4 years of him at 2nd round money.....now of course now that youve seen him reel off 5 wins its a loss...before that you had no idea....take away 2 of those wins and the pick is like 34...

Except he did reel off those 5 wins, looked fantastic in doing so, and you don't have a solid backup, or plan for the future.  So yes, in the real world in which the rest of us live in, you guys did lose out on the deal.  

1 minute ago, kdko said:

Except he did reel off those 5 wins, looked fantastic in doing so, and you don't have a solid backup, or plan for the future.  So yes, in the real world in which the rest of us live in, you guys did lose out on the deal.  

when the deal was made no one saw jimmy g win 5 games...you are judging from the position of seeing the 5 games......make sense yet?

7 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

when the deal was made no one saw jimmy g win 5 games...you are judging from the position of seeing the 5 games......make sense yet?

Its idiotic that you think my decision is based off of 5 games versus his collegiate career and time as a NE backup as well 

1 minute ago, Caveman_Nick said:

See?  Not only am I not the biggest homer, I’m not even the biggest Pats goggler. :lol:

i will back up what im saying tho

do you see the report for rappaport i posted

now when guys tell me jimmy was a  waste because all they got was a 2nd...i can reel off prob 30 2nd rounders from 2012 to 2016 that are no longer with their teams and were gone for just about nothing

i actually make sense....when i say "would u bet your life jimmy wins an mvp award" you get some smartass that says "antonio brown hasnt won one..i guess hes a waste"....but i changed it to relate to AB "would u bet your life jimmy makes 5 1st team all pros"....i dont hear him though

7 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i will back up what im saying tho

do you see the report for rappaport i posted

now when guys tell me jimmy was a  waste because all they got was a 2nd...i can reel off prob 30 2nd rounders from 2012 to 2016 that are no longer with their teams and were gone for just about nothing

i actually make sense....when i say "would u bet your life jimmy wins an mvp award" you get some smartass that says "antonio brown hasnt won one..i guess hes a waste"....but i changed it to relate to AB "would u bet your life jimmy makes 5 1st team all pros"....i dont hear him though

I’m on your side, saving that I think JG was worth more than what they got.

I forgot, @forever in debt to mo lewis, you know everything including what I do, watch, and know. 

As for your jab about about me not saying anything about the 5 AP nods, your wrong I did address it. Try reading my post about you comparing Garoppolo to Brady when no one is drawing that conclusion except you. They are comparing him to the 2nd rd Pick NE got in return.

Why is it so damm hard for you to grasp the concept that people are allowed to have their own opinion and are annoyed by your never wrong mindset being forced down their throats?

Edited by jamesplante11
  • Like 1

Just now, Caveman_Nick said:

I’m on your side, saving that I think JG was worth more than what they got.

it certainly appears that way ....wouldnt question that....he has looked real good....and as someone mentioned "if im a 9ers fan im starry eyed"......absolutely.....

but rappaport told us the browns were the most rumored suitor and they offered nothing more than 2nd in the offseason......people are basing their opinions, mostly, off of his 5 game stretch which didnt happen till after 

i know some of these brainiacs will claims they are basing it "his collegiate career"...lolol...unreal...ive heard it all now

6 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

it certainly appears that way ....wouldnt question that....he has looked real good....and as someone mentioned "if im a 9ers fan im starry eyed"......absolutely.....

but rappaport told us the browns were the most rumored suitor and they offered nothing more than 2nd in the offseason......people are basing their opinions, mostly, off of his 5 game stretch which didnt happen till after 

i know some of these brainiacs will claims they are basing it "his collegiate career"...lolol...unreal...ive heard it all now

How do you know what people are basing their opinions on?!?! You don’t, so stop telling people where you believe their opinions are coming from.

Edited by jamesplante11

2 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I forgot, @forever in debt to mo lewis, you know everything including what I do, watch, and know. 

As for your jab about about me not saying anything about the 5 AP nods, your wrong I did address it. Try reading my post about you comparing Garoppolo to Brady when no one is drawing that conclusion except you. They are comparing him to the 2nd rd Pick NE got in return.

Why is it so damm hard for you to grasp the concept that people are allowed to have their own opinion and are annoyed by your never wrong mindset being forced down their throats?

im sorry james...you made like 5 prior posts...you had plenty of time to assert that your opinion of jimmy came from his "collegiate career and 3 starts with the patriots"...but you made no such assertion

how are you gonna compare jimmy g to anything right now...he won 5 games? 3 of them against trubisky, yates and mannion? its 5 games at the end of a season! what if he suffers a teddy bridgewater injury and maybe never regains his job? what if he ends up being just pretty good and makes the playoffs a few times...but brady wins another superbowl or 2 and the patriots still find a guy that gets them to the playoffs later?

what if you didnt know that jimmy won 5 games with the 9ers....would you still make the claim that you know that 2nd rounder was too little? i see you saying that you would have......i doubt it very much.....but you can go ahead and claim you would....