[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady Worked to Force Garrapolo Out of NE?

kdko

6 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

It is not smug or elitism.  It’s recognition of a hater stance, pure and simple.

Not one person in this whole thread has presented a viable alternative to the actions taken by the franchise.  Trade Brady?  Nope, for many reason.  Keep both?  Untenable.  Can’t be done financially without taking the rest of the team to the toilet, which they will never do.  Hold out for more for Jimmy G?  What if you can’t get more?  Rumors that some team would have given XYZ more are just media junk.  Has any team released a statement that they would have given much more?

If any team had made a better offer to the Pats at any time, the league would be going bonkers trying to stick collusion charges up the Pat’s keister.  There is no way “Team B” wouldn’t have filed a grievance with the league.  We all know this.  The whole argument is just dumb, IMO.

its easy to say, after jimmy goes out and looks good through 5 games, to say "oh we would have given up more" and sell it to the browns fanbase that they were high on the kid.....it reminds me of bill polian years later saying "oh we actuallly had a 1st round grade on brady but we werent in the market for a qb".....such a ridiculous statement......and easy to say after the fact.....

14 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

theres definitley a level of "emotional nut huggery ofr brady" going on here...and like i said...until you can stand in our shoes you wouldnt understand.........it can never be marino all over again because marino didnt win 2 out of 3 superbowl in the twilight of his career.....did marino come close to winning an MVP in his last two full years? its not comparible.....brady put on one of the best 2nd halfs in SB history and then led the greatest comeback probably in sports history....and is on the cusp of winning an MVP and maybe another SB! it can never be comparible.......this is what you guys seem to be missing and what he means when he says "these guys dont get it"

you guys are looking at it from a completely different perspective than someone who has been in throes of it for 17 years......you keep talking about the end and you are acting like brady threw for 3200 yards with 22 tds and 14 ints and has never won a superbowl....it has nothing to do with being "smug elitists".....you just cant actually see things from the same perspective...its impossible.......and its apparent because you are bringing up marino

Kudos for a well explained comment without any name calling, no sarcasm when i say that  and i agree with everything you said here ( safe the falcons blew that as much as brady made a come back but he certainly took advantage of the opportunity not many would have)

one of my best friends is a lifelong pats fan and the way he explained it to me in terms of "Nut Huggery" is that if it came down to following the Pats or Following Brady on another team, he had no shame in saying he would cheer for Tom even on the Browns until he retired then and only then would he go back to the Pats.. does that make him an untrue die hard ? I dont think so, i think it just speaks volumes to what tom means to not only the franchise but the fans and the NE region. 

37 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Kudos for a well explained comment without any name calling, no sarcasm when i say that  and i agree with everything you said here ( safe the falcons blew that as much as brady made a come back but he certainly took advantage of the opportunity not many would have)

one of my best friends is a lifelong pats fan and the way he explained it to me in terms of "Nut Huggery" is that if it came down to following the Pats or Following Brady on another team, he had no shame in saying he would cheer for Tom even on the Browns until he retired then and only then would he go back to the Pats.. does that make him an untrue die hard ? I dont think so, i think it just speaks volumes to what tom means to not only the franchise but the fans and the NE region. 

falcs def blew it but you have to capitalize...he still made some real tough throws and had a bit of luck....

like I said earlier....brady isn't just a personality in the region of new England....to most hes like a family member

Yeah I gotcha.  It would virtually be impossible to let Brady go at anytime really.  As a matter of fact, I'll bet exactly the opposite happens.  Of course he's playing at a ridiculous level now.  Could still be there for a few more years.  When the wheels fall off though, I'll bet he continues to remain the guy because of his past success.  Probably longer than he should even when he starts throwing picks all day.  He really has earned the right to play and start as long as he wants.  Even more than Favre ever earned that right.  I just don't see anyone moving him or releasing him from the Pats.........ever!!!  

That's not to say that the Garrapolo trade doesn't end up being a bad move.  Given the situation though, the Pats had no choice and did what any franchise would do in the same situation.  Brady stays........period.

Edited by NAUgrad

16 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

That's not to say that the Garrapolo trade doesn't end up being a bad move.  Given the situation though, the Pats had no choice and did what any franchise would do in the same situation.  Brady stays........period.

One of the biggest knocks in sports is lack of loyalty so I guess we should credit the organization for remaining loyal to Brady, not that hes given them any reason to throw him away but the pats are notorious for releasing players before its too late so to speak. 

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

falcs def blew it but you have to capitalize...he still made some real tough throws and had a bit of luck....

like I said earlier....brady isn't just a personality in the region of new England....to most hes like a family member

Yeah they did but like I say not many if any QBs would have had the mental toughness to take advantage of that and make it happen 

9 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

:unsure:  where did all of these reasonable people come from?

Well most were shouted away if they had a differing opinion, even if it was a reasonable one.  Plus the topic has shifted from the original posted ESPN article and other things to how Pats fans view and value Brady, which was never a debated topic. 

38 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

One of the biggest knocks in sports is lack of loyalty so I guess we should credit the organization for remaining loyal to Brady, not that hes given them any reason to throw him away but the pats are notorious for releasing players before its too late so to speak. 

Yeah they did but like I say not many if any QBs would have had the mental toughness to take advantage of that and make it happen 

every team that wins a superbowl benefits, at some point, from some luck and some boneheaded mistakes from an opponent.....putting together a SB season takes a tremendous amount of good fortune

even some of the throws brady made in the 2nd half...obviously the Edelman catch was a lot of good fortune....but the 3rd down to Hogan deep in his own territory was basically a throw I don't think many could make...he doesn't make that and its likely game over....how many qbs u think can make that throw under that kind of pressure?

On 1/8/2018 at 10:17 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

fan of: Jets

LOL

thank you for so aptly demonstrating my point.  You fit right in with my description.  You couldn't have done a better job of validating what I wrote if you even tried.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

thank you for so aptly demonstrating my point.  You fit right in with my description.  You couldn't have done a better job of validating what I wrote if you even tried.  

yeah...cause I'm supposed to take the opinions of jets and dolphins fans seriously...like you guys will look at the situation through the lense of a patriots fan or unbiasedley

no patriots fan is taking an anti pats stance by a jets or dolphins seriously

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

8 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

yeah...cause I'm supposed to take the opinions of jets and dolphins fans seriously...like you guys will look at the situation through the lense of a patriots fan or unbiasedley

bravo!  Another validation of my post.  The ol' "if you are not a pats fan, or worse, if you are the fan of another AFC East team, you can't be objective routine".  You illustrate my point beautifully.  Thank you a second time!

Edited by Dcat

heres the great Dcat's hot take from earlier

1. NE thoroughly bungled its handling of Jimmy G and they will long regret it. Whatever internal struggles exist, they got nothing more than they paid as far as draft capital and they wasted an opportunity to have its next long-term franchise QB.  NE's mistake is the 49ers gain.

2. With respect to the second comment above, well what did you expect?  Pats fans rarely argue reasonably.  That fan base is a bizarre combination of the paranoid (from the litany of cheating events that Kraft, Belicheat and Brady have been accused of) to obnoxious arrogance. Good luck finding a sound voice of reason among that group, particularly the parade of band-wagon fans they cultivated in recent years.  It is pointless to debate anything with them because no matter what you say, they will insist that they are in the right and that you are just a "hater".  

Edited Sunday at 12:49 PM by Dcat  

but hey....im the one with the problem....I guess I must be one of the bandwagon guys that cultivated in recent years? calling a guy "belichceat" but you are so reasonable and unbiased! LOL

were really gonna regret it if brady wins another superbowl and cements a legacy that isn't likely to be topped! we will really regret it! hey good luck with Christian hackenberg though!!!

Just now, Dcat said:

bravo!  Another validation of my post.  The ol' "if you are not a pats fan, or worse, if you are the fan of another AFC East team, you can't be objective routine".  You illustrate my point beautifully.  Thank you a second time!

this is probably the only time/place you've ever felt validated huh?

I just reposted your first post....you sounded real "objective"...LOL

1 minute ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

this is probably the only time/place you've ever felt validated huh?

I just reposted your first post....you sounded real "objective"...LOL

As typical... Pats fans resorting to personal insults when ppl don't agree with them. You are ever so predictable. 

^^

you happier now? I insulted the football team which you root for rather than you personally(how someone can call an insult personal when I don't know your name, face or anything about you is crazy itself)....did you see that one coming too? or did I throw you off.....

your opinion that the patriots "bungled" this whole situation is completely irrelevant....although I should say it would appear as though "bungling" qb situations might be an area of expertise for you

lol@clowns who want to be viewed as objective and unbiased but call belichick "belicheat" in their 1st post......you wanted obnoxious and arrogant "pats fan"...well here you go chief

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

13 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

^^

you happier now? I insulted the football team which you root for rather than you personally(how someone can call an insult personal when I don't know your name, face or anything about you is crazy itself)....did you see that one coming too? or did I throw you off.....

your opinion that the patriots "bungled" this whole situation is completely irrelevant....although I should say it would appear as though "bungling" qb situations might be an area of expertise for you

again... utterly predictable.  Amateur!  :)

And yes, the Pats got zero benefit from trading Jimmy G for no more draft capital then they used to get him. He should have been the Pats QB of the future, but it seems egos got in the way a bit up there.  Anyway, good luck to you.

24 minutes ago, Dcat said:

again... utterly predictable.  Amateur!  :)

And yes, the Pats got zero benefit from trading Jimmy G for no more draft capital then they used to get him. He should have been the Pats QB of the future, but it seems egos got in the way a bit up there.  Anyway, good luck to you.

predicatably "I'm not the one who needs the luck"

3 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

predicatably "I'm not the one who needs the luck"

nice.  No wonder so many people despise Pats fans.  You guys bring it on yourselves and it is well deserved.

Again, good luck to you.  Peace and out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

Bored this morning so I'll bite.  Please show me where I have taken an anti-patriots stance or made a biased comment due to being a Dolphins fan. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

nice.  No wonder so many people despise Pats fans.  You guys bring it on yourselves and it is well deserved.

Again, good luck to you.  Peace and out.

speaking of "amateur"....have you been watching film on the qbs the jets have rostered?!?!?!  Bryce petty cant even remember to take his hat off before he puts his helmet on! LOL

we bring it on our selves eh? well...there might be some truth to that statement......but I also find a lot of you anti patriots guys are similar to the kids at recess....im sure you know the kind.....the ones that would slap a kid out of nowhere while no one was looking....then go crying to the teacher when they got laid out after that .....or the teacher caught the kid getting drilled and they both accused the retaliator of being a bully....

I find a lot of people like to say things like "belicheat"....never give any real credit to the patriots...knock them for things out of jealousy....and then cry bloody murder when patriots fans defend the patriots or retaliate........even when a lot of these people actually give an ounce of credit its usually followed by a backhanded compliment......some people never grow up DCAT....don't ever change champ!

15 minutes ago, Def. said:

Bored this morning so I'll bite.  Please show me where I have taken an anti-patriots stance or made a biased comment due to being a Dolphins fan. 

DCAT-pats completely bungled the situation

YOU-(IIRC)-lose/lose for pats

who exactly have you been watching to make such claims? both of you( I'm not even trying to come off a smug elitist).......belichick on one hand is a master of value(or usually is)...values picks....rarely bungles many situations as his track record would suggest

what determines "bungled" or "lost"?

as ive said...maybe the 3.5 years of backup service and insurance alone was worth the 2nd round pick he spent on him....to belichick....again he has completely cut 1st rounders within 2 years....and has had many 2nd round busts.....so how do u know he wasn't happy to have that and the 2nd round pick he just got was considered an actual gain? there are many factors here that aren't considered when assessing what belichick did or didn't get......I think you assume from a different point of view that all things are equal to belichick and all of the other teams around the league

your comment may seem reasonable at first glance...or to you...but you are assuming belichick is conventional, had certain expectations and operates the same way everyone else does....his track record suggests otherwise

31 minutes ago, Def. said:

also

you said this...." Plus the topic has shifted from the original posted ESPN article and other things to how Pats fans view and value Brady, which was never a debated topic.  "

so u know bradys value to pats fans and how they view him....yet called this a lose/lose for the pats?!?!?

41 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

speaking of "amateur"....have you been watching film on the qbs the jets have rostered?!?!?!  Bryce petty cant even remember to take his hat off before he puts his helmet on! LOL

we bring it on our selves eh? well...there might be some truth to that statement......but I also find a lot of you anti patriots guys are similar to the kids at recess....im sure you know the kind.....the ones that would slap a kid out of nowhere while no one was looking....then go crying to the teacher when they got laid out after that .....or the teacher caught the kid getting drilled and they both accused the retaliator of being a bully....

I find a lot of people like to say things like "belicheat"....never give any real credit to the patriots...knock them for things out of jealousy....and then cry bloody murder when patriots fans defend the patriots or retaliate........even when a lot of these people actually give an ounce of credit its usually followed by a backhanded compliment......some people never grow up DCAT....don't ever change champ!

changing the topic to the Jets?  Why?  Deflection?  This was about the Pats trade of Jimmy G.

And yes, I'm the first to tell you how much the Jets and its management suck balls.  They are putrid.  So if you are trying to get me rattled by ridiculing them, LOL, I'm right there with you.  Bowles is a very bad HC.  Incapable of controlling the locker room (like Rex) and very poor game planning and just horrendous in-game management.  Clueless.  Maccagnan has been, at best, a mediocre GM (per some jets fans)  and I think he has been downright bad (I argue with other Jets fans about this).  I wanted them both evicted this offseason.  But the moronic ownership of the Jets gave these two cretins extensions.  I've argued that Petty sucks since the day he was picked in the 4th round.  And the drafting of Hackeberg in round 2 was just inexplicable.  So if you want to poke fun at the Jets, you'll be here a long long time because there is so much garbage with this team, it is unbelievable.

So if you want to make fun of the Jets, go right ahead.  They deserve it.  It doesn't bother me at all.  Meanwhile, the trading of Jimmy G, I suspect, will be regretted by Pats fans down the road.  We shall see.

Next time stay on topic and don't try to deflect to another topic.  Doing so is evidence that your side of the argument just sucks. 

Edited by Dcat