LordOpie

Bill Belichick eyeing NYG job?

Giants | Bill Belichick eyeing NYG job?
Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:10:52 -0800

New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick "sees an opening" to become the head coach of the New York Giants, a source close to Belichick said Friday, Jan. 5.

Source: New York Daily News - Gary Myers

I am afraid to let myself dream this could happen.  

I'm no fan of Bill Belichick.  But it would be fun to watch him build a team from the bottom up.  I'm surprised he has stayed with New England for as long as he has stayed.  I would have thought he would have wanted the challenge of starting from scratch long ago.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm no fan of Bill Belichick.  But it would be fun to watch him build a team from the bottom up.  I'm surprised he has stayed with New England for as long as he has stayed.  I would have thought he would have wanted the challenge of starting from scratch long ago.

build a team from the bottom up? 

id hardly say the giants are a bottom up type of team...they were favorites to win the division and are stocked with quite a bit of talent on offense

lets recap the headlines from the last two days

Belichick loves Jimmy G and wants him to be starter

Belichick is a genius

Belichick wants to coach the Giants

belichick just forgot to trade jimmy g to the giants who have their own 2nd rounder and denvers

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

lets recap the headlines from the last two days

Belichick loves Jimmy G and wants him to be starter

Belichick is a genius

Belichick wants to coach the Giants

belichick just forgot to trade jimmy g to the giants who have their own 2nd rounder and denvers

:huh:

So, one of the big things everyone is claiming about BB is that he's mad because trading JimmyG robs him of his opportunity to win a SB without TB12.  They also claim he's not going to coach much longer.

I just don't see him moving to another team to start from scratch if he wants to win without TB12.  He'll draft a QB this year and wait the year or two until Tom retires.

4 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

:huh:

whats so hard to follow

belichick loves jimmy g...belichick is a genius...belichick wants to coach the giants

he just somehow forgot to trade jimmy(the qb he loves) to the team he wants to coach(giants) even though the giants have two 2nd rounders

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

So, one of the big things everyone is claiming about BB is that he's mad because trading JimmyG robs him of his opportunity to win a SB without TB12.  They also claim he's not going to coach much longer.

I just don't see him moving to another team to start from scratch if he wants to win without TB12.  He'll draft a QB this year and wait the year or two until Tom retires.

the giants arent a bad place to go right now....they could have eli for another year...and maybe rosen to be groomed...plus talent at TE and WR....fix a few other things and they are a good situation.......its not crazy to think they could be a quick fix and a decent long term option

san fran also not terrible....belichick takes over and shanny takes OC duties.......if you were able to put a good qb in place in denver quickly it wouldnt be a bad situation...but its not likely that can be done quickly enough.....denver prob most far fetched

cris carter has said what you said about having to start from scratch somewhere else...not really enough time

6 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

whats so hard to follow

belichick loves jimmy g...belichick is a genius...belichick wants to coach the giants

he just somehow forgot to trade jimmy(the qb he loves) to the team he wants to coach(giants) even though the giants have two 2nd rounders

Just to play along...Jimmy was traded in October, McAdoo fired in December.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

the giants arent a bad place to go right now....they could have eli for another year...and maybe rosen to be groomed...plus talent at TE and WR....fix a few other things and they are a good situation.......its not crazy to think they could be a quick fix and a decent long term option

san fran also not terrible....belichick takes over and shanny takes OC duties.......if you were able to put a good qb in place in denver quickly it wouldnt be a bad situation...but its not likely that can be done quickly enough.....denver prob most far fetched

cris carter has said what you said about having to start from scratch somewhere else...not really enough time

STOP IT!

As for Denver, Cousins would be a quick fix.

• Like 1

Just now, keggerz said:

Just to play along...Jimmy was traded in October, McAdoo fired in December.

the writing was already on the wall with mcadoo.....do you think the giants wouldnt have canned mcadoo and the entire front office all at once if they knew belichick would take over the next year? heck they probably would have done it when coughlin was the coach

Just now, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

the writing was already on the wall with mcadoo.....do you think the giants wouldnt have canned mcadoo and the entire front office all at once if they knew belichick would take over the next year? heck they probably would have done it when coughlin was the coach

Likely just not a guarantee is all. 

Just now, keggerz said:

STOP IT!

As for Denver, Cousins would be a quick fix.

seriously keggerz

im suprised we havent seen that story YET! "sources tell me kyle shannahan is willing to take a demotion to OC if the right coach happened to hit the market. and john lynch is willing to be reassigned in the front office"!!!! im not serious...but im waiting

2 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

seriously keggerz

im suprised we havent seen that story YET! "sources tell me kyle shannahan is willing to take a demotion to OC if the right coach happened to hit the market. and john lynch is willing to be reassigned in the front office"!!!! im not serious...but im waiting

Never can tell when you are being tongue in cheek 

5 minutes ago, keggerz said:

Never can tell when you are being tongue in cheek 

im totally tongue in cheek with that one......but if you follow the trail(youve have to believe it first) its a logical possibility.....supposedly bill loves jimmy and wants out right? 

1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

whats so hard to follow

That's awesome.

Could you imagine the (the really bad word)ing uproar if that had happened.

The ultimate collusion.

Oh that would've been great.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

That's awesome.

Could you imagine the (the really bad word)ing uproar if that had happened.

The ultimate collusion.

Oh that would've been great.

i hear ya...would be crazy....but the NFL loves controversy

ultimately hard to prove also especially if kraft had allegedly "demanded" jimmy be traded but didnt stipulate "to anyone but the giants".........but alas ive always figured the stuff weve heard the last two days to be complete BS anwyay

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

whats so hard to follow

Well you said 2 days ago and Jimmy G was traded way before that so 2 days ago BB wanted Jimmy G to start.......... :blink:

Edited by tazinib1

11 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Well you said 2 days ago and Jimmy G was traded way before that so 2 days ago BB wanted Jimmy G to start.......... :blink:

and if jimmy g was forced to be traded "way before" which was october dont u think bill knew he wanted to leave then? or do you think he just decided this in the last few days now that hes angry wants to leave? lol

jfc it was simple logic to follow

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

and if jimmy g was forced to be traded "way before" which was october dont u think bill knew he wanted to leave then? or do you think he just decided this in the last few days now that hes angry wants to leave? lol

jfc it was simple logic to follow

Semantics!! You're losing your sense of humor my friend. 

p.s This must be what it feels like to be LordOpie 

Edited by tazinib1

3 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Semantics!! You're losing your sense of humor my friend. 

p.s This must be what it feels like to be LordOpie 

lol, i don't know what that means :D

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2018 at 2:11 PM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

the giants have denver's 2nd round pick? this is news to me