[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kudos to the Eagles

CowboysDiehard

25 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

They really showed a level of determination that the Cowboys can only fantasize about.  They will be a force in the NFC for the next decade, there is no doubt in my mind.

Agreed. I hope to see the Eagles and Rams battling it out for NFC dominance for years to come. 

• Like 1

The shame of it all, is that the Patriots will more than likely waltz their way to another SB title. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, irish said:

The shame of it all, is that the Patriots will more than likely waltz their way to another SB title. 

They don't get to play the Titans every week.  I'd argue that 3 or 4 of the AFC playoff teams wouldn't have played postseason football if they were in the NFC.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

They don't get to play the Titans every week.  I'd argue that 3 or 4 of the AFC playoff teams wouldn't have played postseason football if they were in the NFC.

I agree and obviously they don't play the Titans, who don't belong in the playoffs, every week.  I hope the Saints and Steelers win tomorrow as they have enough defense and plenty if offense to challenge the Pats.  I don't believe the Vikings and, certainly not the Jags, have enough offense to get it done. 

Can't say it doesn't leave a very bitter taste in my mouth to see the Eagles play such tough and determined football but I will bow and give credit where it's due. Hope my Cowboys can match their level of intensity in the years to come because it will certainly take a valiant effort to get by the East for as you said years to come. 

That goal line stand showed some grit. I was just sure the Falcons had them beat but I should have known better. They are no more good in my book. Choke artists the lot of them. I will never forgive them for giving the SB away.

Brady is just too good. I am kind of tired of watching him role over everyone but I love his level of play that makes monster games to beat him.

Edited by Cowboyz1

10 hours ago, BeeR said:

Hopefully.  Shame about Wentz.  Hopefully not a sign of things to come.

A Wentz v Brady matchup would have been epic.  Foles will be chickenfeed against Brady.

8 hours ago, irish said:

I agree and obviously they don't play the Titans, who don't belong in the playoffs, every week.  I hope the Saints and Steelers win tomorrow as they have enough defense and plenty if offense to challenge the Pats.  I don't believe the Vikings and, certainly not the Jags, have enough offense to get it done. 

I think the Vikings, with home field, definitely have a shot if they get there.  Of the three NFC teams remaining, however, the Saints are best equipped to win against the Pats on a neutral field.

....notice I never mentioned any AFC team but the Pats.  They're a lock, I'm afraid.  

agreed...congrats to the eagles....they tried like hell to hand that game to ATL but they still pulled it out....

it was getting annoying watching the rams and eagles do everything in their power to basically drive ATL to the NFC title game....i dont know why...i sort of hate ATL and matt ryan now...and i used to like him....i think it might be something about julios TD output this year but i dunno lol

10 hours ago, irish said:

I think people may be underestimating how good Minnesota's defense is.  And their offense is actually better than average.

1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

I think people may be underestimating how good Minnesota's defense is.  And their offense is actually better than average.

That's the sad part, I'm not. 

The thing is Tom Brady will go down as the greatest QB who ever lived. If the Vikings get there, I think the Pats roll them in their house. I hope not, I want a good game. 

The Steelers rolled the Vikings earlier in the year, the Redskins put up 30 on them and lost, and the Panthers beat them putting up over 30 points. So this defense can be scored on and the Patriots will do just that, not to mention I think the Saints do today.

26 minutes ago, irish said:

The Steelers rolled the Vikings earlier in the year, the Redskins put up 30 on them and lost, and the Panthers beat them putting up over 30 points. So this defense can be scored on and the Patriots will do just that, not to mention I think the Saints do today.

The Vikings defense gave up the fewest points and the fewest yards of any defense this season.  Pointing out 2 or 3 games where they gave up 30 points doesn't mean much.  Only 4 teams scored more than 19 points on them this season.  That is dominant.

1 hour ago, michaelredd9 said:

The Vikings defense gave up the fewest points and the fewest yards of any defense this season.  Pointing out 2 or 3 games where they gave up 30 points doesn't mean much.  Only 4 teams scored more than 19 points on them this season.  That is dominant.

Agreed and I understand those points, but they have shown weaknesses and against all teams who can run and pass the ball interchangeably. Should be interesting to see them playing against the Saints today, who can do both but they did beat them earlier in the year.  However, the playoffs are a different animal. Being home should help. 

ETA: And pointing out those 4 games does mean something.  It means it can happen, as it already has and it happened against 3 of 4 teams who are/ were playoff teams. 

Edited by irish

Last year , the Cowboys dominated and everyone said they were going to rule the roost in the east for a while . This year , they played a big boy schedule and ill be generous in saying Dak had some growing pains . Wentz is the real deal for sure and they will be formidable as hell, but lets not anoint them just yet . That being said , that was a gritty ballsy playoff win against a very potent offense. I tip my cap to them for sure

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2018 at 12:21 PM, michaelredd9 said:

How does that dominant defense look at the eagles and backup QB, Foles?  Smoked!!  And now for next ring for Brady...

I must extend my congrats and tip my hat to the Eagles and their fans. I don't like it but it's the right thing to do. As much as I hate you Eagles and I am sick that my Cowboys can't seem to muster the grit and consistency to make a deep run, you have found a way. Now please Kick the Pats arses please. I have a healthy dislike for the teams in my division and a healthy respect but it's my division and I must throw my rooting behind the Eagles in this one. Good on you and go beat the Pats and finish your fairy tale season. You have no SB rings and this is your opportunity to remedy that so we no longer have that over you. 

I can tell you this though. Brady in Co. are going to be a handful..............Good luck.

Congrats Swamm. Happy for you despite our disposition.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Papa Deuce said:

I am going out on a limb and say the Eagles will beat the Patriots.... eventually somebody will, so let it be the Eagles.

I hope you're right!

7 hours ago, Cowboyz1 said:

I must extend my congrats and tip my hat to the Eagles and their fans. I don't like it but it's the right thing to do. As much as I hate you Eagles and I am sick that my Cowboys can't seem to muster the grit and consistency to make a deep run, you have found a way. Now please Kick the Pats arses please. I have a healthy dislike for the teams in my division and a healthy respect but it's my division and I must throw my rooting behind the Eagles in this one. Good on you and go beat the Pats and finish your fairy tale season. You have no SB rings and this is your opportunity to remedy that so we no longer have that over you. 

I can tell you this though. Brady in Co. are going to be a handful..............Good luck.

Congrats Swamm. Happy for you despite our disposition.

....and they did this with Foles under center.  Like I said, with Wentz back next year, they're going to be hard to handle.

On Saturday, January 13, 2018 at 11:25 PM, irish said:

The shame is how many NFL fans feel this way, of course some didn't think the Jags had a chance and the Eagles have not exactly been favorites in the playoffs but made it to the SB. Some go so far as to say the games are rigged, the refs are making calls to keep teams out, or make sure others get in.

If I felt the game was so rigged I wouldn't watch, why waste your time on a known outcome.

Sorry but the talk about how nobody can beat the Pats and another SB victory is their destiny has gotten old already.