[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Championship Game

Dcat

NFL sure praying for the Pats and  Vikes( vikes soley due to hometown sb intrigue) to win no doubt. Can u imagine the interest of a Foles vs Bortles SB ... wow. For the die hard football fan they're gonna watch no matter what but the SB gets the bandwagoner fan when the game has intrigue.

27 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Philly in the SB would at least ignite a big market area....wouldn’t be the worst thing. Jax is not compelling.  The Pats give people a reason to watch, even if it’s by and large a negative reason. 

I.donno if I can stomach it LOL .. if vs Vikes ill watch to hope they lose. If vs Eagles they'll dominate so ill likely not watch

Man, no insult meant to the teams or their fans but I'd imagine viewership would be down with a Vikings/Jags SB.  

Totally off topic, but you know whats a bit amazing about Jax and their offense? They've been without arguably their best offensive weapon ( before Fournette came in) since 1st Q of week 1, Allen Robinson, I had totally forgotten about him. This team if they get a QB and when they get him back, holy smokes

11 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

Rumor or has it Tomlin’s game plan vs NE was better than the Jacksonville game plan 

hard to envision a worse gameplan than one that had them running toss sweeps and 20 yard pass plays on 4th and a foot...then again maybe if ben wasn't the size of vince wilfork they would have run a couple of sneaks....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

hard to envision a worse gameplan than one that had them running toss sweeps and 20 yard pass plays on 4th and a foot...then again maybe if ben wasn't the size of vince wilfork they would have run a couple of sneaks....

I am all for an offense doing the opposite of what is expected.  When people complain about play calling, they are usually complaining that the team didn't do what was predictable.  But running a sweep on 4th and 1 is just stupid.  It is so easy for a defense to tackle for a loss in space.  Throwing a deep pass would have been better.  And a quarterback sneak is predictable but still usually effective.  Big Ben probably weighs 260.  Does he have a history of being bad at quarterback sneaks?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I am all for an offense doing the opposite of what is expected.  When people complain about play calling, they are usually complaining that the team didn't do what was predictable.  But running a sweep on 4th and 1 is just stupid.  It is so easy for a defense to tackle for a loss in space.  Throwing a deep pass would have been better.  And a quarterback sneak is predictable but still usually effective.  Big Ben probably weighs 260.  Does he have a history of being bad at quarterback sneaks?

I get your point....but there are certain times where a simple fielding of a snap and quick arm extension is all that is needed.....and you are exactly right.....running a toss sweep gives the defense more time to penetrate and hit gaps

I'm not sure what bens track record is with qb sneaks is....but id imagine it should be decent...hes a big guy that's always been a bit slippery for his size.....brady wouldn't have hesitated to run a sneak on either of those plays....in fact id envision ie would have ignored any other play call and ran up there as fast as he could and snapped that thing

2 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

I get your point....but there are certain times where a simple fielding of a snap and quick arm extension is all that is needed.....and you are exactly right.....running a toss sweep gives the defense more time to penetrate and hit gaps

I'm not sure what bens track record is with qb sneaks is....but id imagine it should be decent...hes a big guy that's always been a bit slippery for his size.....brady wouldn't have hesitated to run a sneak on either of those plays....in fact id envision ie would have ignored any other play call and ran up there as fast as he could and snapped that thing

18 for 19 career which is actually better than Tom who is regarded as the best at it. 

Edited by Gourdeau

10 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

18 for 19 career which is actually better than Tom who is regarded as the best at it. 

which makes the plays that actually happened all the more puzzling.....and I would blame everyone...from the play call...to the coach who didn't overrule it...to the qb who didn't ditch it

25 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Yup Ben is notorious for blaming others, I love em, without him we aren't a playoff team,  but bro youve been in the league 14 years, you are at that level that u can twll the coach to pound sand if u disagree with a call

definitley

I think a lot of teams around the league( I don't know this to be true) spend too much time on formations, assignments and tendencies....and forget to practice situational football......I mean real situational football on a consistent basis......so much of what comes up during the course of a game is that.......there comes a point where you probably overprepare on a lot of the other stuff and it doesn't even help that much

I know brady has said in recent years that while he still prepares very well that its a lot less than it used to be....because he realized a lot of it was too much and pointless and theres a point where you are as prepared as you can be.......my guess is a lot of teams don't really spend enough time on basic situational stuff......ben should have had them up at the line ASAP ready to snap that thing and get his arms out

I also think as a head coach there should be a point where you have a good level of trust and confidence in your coordinators that they can call their game and you should be focused on all other little things

22 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Just seen on article from Pitt post gazette. Hasnt done a sneak since 2014. That is coaching

it is......to a degree....like I said though...in those situations brady isn't even taking a play call and is getting his guys up there as fast as possible and getting it snapped.....its just situational football and the qb should be able to make that call......as you mentioned its ben....its not landry jones out there....ben has earned the right to make the call on his own.......its really everyones fault but ben was the last one that could have put a stop to it

Well here is the answer i guess.  Wasn't searching for this at all lol, coincidentally showed up on my twitter feed seconds after I read your comment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/16/big-ben-says-hes-not-allowed-to-check-to-a-fourth-and-1-quarterback-sneak/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Gourdeau

19 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

This is the same mindset Pittsburgh had about facing Jacksonville 

And they still almost beat them. Imagine if the Pats can stay focused for just 3 quarters. 

ETA: With Brady, may only need 2.

Edited by irish

45 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Well here is the answer i guess.  Wasn't searching for this at all lol, coincidentally showed up on my twitter feed seconds after I read your comment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/16/big-ben-says-hes-not-allowed-to-check-to-a-fourth-and-1-quarterback-sneak/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

that's pretty sad IMO

5 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

that's pretty sad IMO

On two fronts.  1 that Tomlin doesn't trust his HOF QB and 2 that Ben would not keep this in house, 2 just speaks volumes to me about the lack of respect for the coaching staff, few other leaders coming out saying there is something missing and that talent can only take them so far ( coaching and discipline which goes hand and hand )

• Thanks 1