[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Championship Game

Dcat

1 hour ago, Gourdeau said:

On two fronts.  1 that Tomlin doesn't trust his HOF QB and 2 that Ben would not keep this in house, 2 just speaks volumes to me about the lack of respect for the coaching staff, few other leaders coming out saying there is something missing and that talent can only take them so far ( coaching and discipline which goes hand and hand )

YUP

On 1/15/2018 at 7:11 AM, Dcat said:

Can't wait.  Should be an intense competetion.

2018 AFCCG.jpg

Idiot. Because the refs went 35-53 for 337 yards. Because the refs threw 3 tds and 0 picks. Right? Because the refs sacked Mariota 8 times. Because the refs scored 35 unanswered points. Because holding Henry to 12 rushes for 28 yards is the refs doing. Right? A couple calls went against the Titans. So what? That means they should've won? That entitles them to 21 points and a game winning field goal? Calls go both ways pal. Gronk gets interfered with on literally every single play. They call it? No. Keep whining though. And yeah Gourdeau. The NFL really praying for the Pats. After they dragged Brady through deflategate, I'm positive Goodell wants nothing more than the Pats in another Superbowl. Yeah. No doubt. Dumbass.

39 minutes ago, ItsMitchh said:

Idiot. Because the refs went 35-53 for 337 yards. Because the refs threw 3 tds and 0 picks. Right? Because the refs sacked Mariota 8 times. Because the refs scored 35 unanswered points. Because holding Henry to 12 rushes for 28 yards is the refs doing. Right? A couple calls went against the Titans. So what? That means they should've won? That entitles them to 21 points and a game winning field goal? Calls go both ways pal. Gronk gets interfered with on literally every single play. They call it? No. Keep whining though. And yeah Gourdeau. The NFL really praying for the Pats. After they dragged Brady through deflategate, I'm positive Goodell wants nothing more than the Pats in another Superbowl. Yeah. No doubt. Dumbass.

Wow, no wonder everyone hates you pats fans, logistically impossible for you to have a discussion without name calling and being aggressive and obviously taking a joke. Let me break it down for you a little bit so maybe you can chill a little champ. The reference to the refs was made because of a lot more than just the Titans game, it's been a running joke and theme in MULTIPLE media outlets ( surely not boston) and been a running joke around here for a while. Secondly, my statement about the NFL praying for the Pats is 100% based on Viewer interest for the game. Relax and stop being a 3rd grade baby with your name calling

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Wow, no wonder everyone hates you pats fans, logistically impossible for you to have a discussion without name calling and being aggressive and obviously taking a joke. Let me break it down for you a little bit so maybe you can chill a little champ. The reference to the refs was made because of a lot more than just the Titans game, it's been a running joke and theme in MULTIPLE media outlets ( surely not boston) and been a running joke around here for a while. Secondly, my statement about the NFL praying for the Pats is 100% based on Viewer interest for the game. Relax and stop being a 3rd grade baby with your name calling

not to get a pissing contest....but you do realize we have writers in boston that have lived here their entire lives, or spent their most of their careers in boston, that actually hate the patriots or love to talk negatively about them all of the time right? it actually exists

furthermore goudreau.....I def can take a joke...the fournette meme is funny....the notion(and memes) that belichick ordered to the false missle alarm in Hawaii to mess with mariota is also funny

but you have to understand...some of us are actually very proud of the patriots....but some people constantly just love to make jokes and refuse to give any credit....and that's been going on for some time.....I understand most of the country loathes the pats....everyone hates consistent winners...I get it....its a time honored tradition in sport......but its still annoying to listen to people constantly whine about cheating and and ref calls and all of that stuff....when all of the great coaches and players from the past and present realize just how incredible and impressive what they have done/are doing is

like ive always said....if you talk about the patriots with respect and give their due credit you will usually get the same in return...as ive always said...a lot of other fans are like the kids at recess....they take their shots(like when the teacher isn't looking) and cry and tattle when retaliated on.......not saying you.....but you can see it around here all the time....some of its blatant and obvious.....some is more passive aggressive.....

its all good though...im just looking forward to sunday...the fournette/belichick meme is cute though for sure

9 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Looooove the broad brush, though.

2 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

furthermore goudreau.....I def can take a joke...the fournette meme is funny....the notion(and memes) that belichick ordered to the false missle alarm in Hawaii to mess with mariota is also funny

but you have to understand...some of us are actually very proud of the patriots....but some people constantly just love to make jokes and refuse to give any credit....and that's been going on for some time.....I understand most of the country loathes the pats....everyone hates consistent winners...I get it....its a time honored tradition in sport......but its still annoying to listen to people constantly whine about cheating and and ref calls and all of that stuff....when all of the great coaches and players from the past and present realize just how incredible and impressive what they have done/are doing is

like ive always said....if you talk about the patriots with respect and give their due credit you will usually get the same in return...as ive always said...a lot of other fans are like the kids at recess....they take their shots(like when the teacher isn't looking) and cry and tattle when retaliated on.......not saying you.....but you can see it around here all the time....some of its blatant and obvious.....some is more passive aggressive.....

its all good though...im just looking forward to sunday...the fournette/belichick meme is cute though for sure

Try being a Browns fan when every comment to 90% of articles about an up and coming player are "The 1st pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select...." or "Of to Cleveland to have his career ruined" 

Every fan base deals with the jokes and memes, its the day and age we live in. I think @Gourdeau was pointing out more of the fact that when the jokes are made SOME Patriots fans get all puffy and immediately resort to "Your and idiot" or "Dumbass" and go off on stats and facts about how often Gronkowski gets held or interfered with on every play. 

I have nothing but respect for Browns fans.  Truth is that most multi-sport Pats Fans that are of GenX age feel that pain.  Curse of the Bambino.  Hugh drought for the Bruins until 2011, the Dark Years of the Celtics through the 90s.  The Pats before 2001.  We get it more than you think

3 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Try being a Browns fan when every comment to 90% of articles about an up and coming player are "The 1st pick of the 2020 NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select...." or "Of to Cleveland to have his career ruined" 

Every fan base deals with the jokes and memes, its the day and age we live in. I think @Gourdeau was pointing out more of the fact that when the jokes are made SOME Patriots fans get all puffy and immediately resort to "Your and idiot" or "Dumbass" and go off on stats and facts about how often Gronkowski gets held or interfered with on every play. 

theres a difference between cutting down a perennial disappointment/failure and cutting down consistent excellence

I think what a lot of you might not realize.....now you live in maine correct? maybe you do realize this....but when I was growing up it wasn't cool to be a pats fan....so I grew up around, and to this day, am still surrounded by fans of the steelers, dolphins, 9ers, giants, jets, cowoboys etc....you name it....and a lot of these guys don't like the fact that the old joke of a team is now the perfect model....and they cut them down constantly around here.........its almost like they were so trained to be able to laugh at the patriots that they cannot stand it now....to see patriots fans, especially the lifetime loyal ones, enjoy the spoils.......so some of us are defensive....maybe ultra sensitive..........one of my coworkers is  colts fan....he grew up in CT.....he literally wont watch patriots games....refuses to....because "i just cant stand them"....hes a good guy and doesn't attack them.....but a lot of these guys around here attack .....half of them think brady is nothing without bill...the other half think its the other way around....and basically all of them call them cheaters or constantly have to take digs at the pats or the fanbase.......

I compare the situation a lot to one of my favorite boxers....Floyd....who I was a fan of as way back as 96 when he was in the Olympics.....a lot of the times he came of snotty and arrogant in his interviews in the latter half of his career....but it was usually because the interviewer would go out of his way to demean his accomplishments....or discredit his competition...or insist he was avoiding certain fighters....but generally when Floyd was given respect by someone he would give a real good interview......when people talk about, and treat the pats, with some respect you usually get it back....you get some humility....trust me I remember the old days well when we were a laughing stock....but a lot of guys don't want the patriots fans to be respectful or humble...its almost like they want someone to point the finger at and hate.....sometimes the hate is obvious and blatant..other times its more passive aggressive.......

12 hours ago, ItsMitchh said:

sense of humor
phrase of humor

1. 1.
    the ability to perceive humor or appreciate a joke.

Edited by Dcat
  • Haha 1

On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM, Caveman_Nick said:

Philly in the SB would at least ignite a big market area....wouldn’t be the worst thing. Jax is not compelling.  The Pats give people a reason to watch, even if it’s by and large a negative reason.

Or people could be tired of seeing the Pats in the SB and decide not to watch if they''re in it, while Jags would be new blood that has their interest.

I'm sure the NFL and NBC want NE, and PHI is the bigger draw and market, but the Vikings playing SB at home, and with their history would also provide plenty of compelling story lines.

Either way the SB is a huge ratings draw, and the least of all NFL games as far as impact of the teams playing on ratings.

PS  Kind of funny seeing a Steeler fan say they might not be able to stomach watching the Pats, that's how I felt about a PIT-NE AFCCG (same as I felt with PIT-BAL years ago) now I can watch both games with a team to root for, and if the Pats reach the SB I'll be watching rooting for their opponent. Any of these 4 teams can win the SB, this "Pats are going to roll team X" is just sports talk. Few thought the Jags had any chance, the Falcons were favorties IN PHILLY.

23 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Well here is the answer i guess.  Wasn't searching for this at all lol, coincidentally showed up on my twitter feed seconds after I read your comment.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/16/big-ben-says-hes-not-allowed-to-check-to-a-fourth-and-1-quarterback-sneak/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Wow maybe Tomlin should be fired, telling your SB winning very good QB he cannot audilble out of a horrible play call is just idiotic. What are they going to do to Ben if he disobeys that order? Fire him, trade him?

Looks like Haley is the scapegoat while the guy hiring these assistants and telling his players they cannot think for themselves remains.

22 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Yup that's what I was referring to above. Very big off season coming

But those owners really have no say in how the team is run. What is their record when Rooney tells them to pound sand? Sell their stake in the team? They're not going to take control with some hostile takeover, NFL team ownerships don't work like other companies. Even if they had 51% of the owner stake behind them, Rooney is controlling onwer, only one with minimum 30% required by NFL, not sure how they'd get control of the team (which requires NFL approval) without some major ownership changes (pool all of their shares, plus get some of the Rooney or McGinley [search for it if not familiar] owners to defect to their group.

14 hours ago, ItsMitchh said:

The whole "Pats (or any other team) have the refs in their pocket) talk is garbage, if said in sarcasm I usually just let it pass. When people try to argue its true I tell them "so stop watching if its all rigged".  Actually yes the NFL for the good of the whole league and $$$ wants the most popular teams in the biggest games. He might not be thrilled handing the trophy to Kraft, but the $$$ in his and the other owner's pockets will take thes sting out of that.

14 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

:clap: