[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC Championship Game

Dcat

Purely from a storyline aspect, I'm more looking forward to the Vikings - Eagles game this weekend.

I would like to see the Pats in the SB more than the neutered passing attack of the Jags. 

one cannot argue...every patriots superbowl in the brady/belichick area has been close....and 6 of the 7 have been pretty damn entertaining

also...if anyone is looking for a future sean mcvay....or mcvay part 2...it might not be too much longer

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22132194/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-hires-charlie-weis-jr-offensive-coordinator

I think the Patriots have a tough road to win another Super Bowl.  Their offense is not as dominant as in previous years.  Their offensive line is not as good as in previous years.  Jacksonville, Philadelphia, and Minnesota probably have the 3 best defenses in the NFL.  Any of these defenses can beat the Patriots at the line of scrimmage.  I won't be at all surprised if the Patriots only score 17 or 21 points this week or in the Super Bowl.  Although the Patriots defense has also been playing extremely well over the last three-quarters of the season.  So maybe the Patriots can pull out a win even if their offense falters.  The truism has always been that defense wins championships.  But that really hasn't been true for a long while.  Over the last 20 years, having a dominant offense has been far more important than defense with only a couple of exceptions.  But the NFL goes in cycles.  It has been a long time since the final 4 teams have been as dominant on defense as these teams.  Maybe this is the start of a new era where defense shines.

3 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I think the Patriots have a tough road to win another Super Bowl.  Their offense is not as dominant as in previous years.  Their offensive line is not as good as in previous years.  Jacksonville, Philadelphia, and Minnesota probably have the 3 best defenses in the NFL.  Any of these defenses can beat the Patriots at the line of scrimmage.  I won't be at all surprised if the Patriots only score 17 or 21 points this week or in the Super Bowl.  Although the Patriots defense has also been playing extremely well over the last three-quarters of the season.  So maybe the Patriots can pull out a win even if their offense falters.  The truism has always been that defense wins championships.  But that really hasn't been true for a long while.  Over the last 20 years, having a dominant offense has been far more important than defense with only a couple of exceptions.  But the NFL goes in cycles.  It has been a long time since the final 4 teams have been as dominant on defense as these teams.  Maybe this is the start of a new era where defense shines.

i agree for the most part....thats why i laugh when people act as if the patriots have a cake walk here.....the patriots are possibly down to their 3rd string RT on sunday depending on if waddle plays or not(questionable)....the first team like jax is LOADED up front....for years the patriots have gotten by without great "talent" on the offensive line......yes their offensive lines have played well but they have coached very well and coached up...the overall level of talent isnt very high....thats why you saw a team like the giants able to beat them up twice pretty good

even a team like philly has a certified beast in cox...then you look around him and theres a 14th overall pick in barnett....a former ravens 2nd round in jernigan...their own former 1st and 2nd rounders in graham and curry....alot of talent up front

these arent playoff series...best of 5 or 7...in one game a couple of plays can swing it all and it can be over just like that.

8 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

The truism has always been that defense wins championships.  But that really hasn't been true for a long while.  

I don't know.  3 dominant defenses have made it to the last 6 SBs in Denver, Seattle, and N.Y. Giants.  They all won.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

i agree for the most part....thats why i laugh when people act as if the patriots have a cake walk here.....the patriots are possibly down to their 3rd string RT on sunday depending on if waddle plays or not(questionable)....the first team like jax is LOADED up front....for years the patriots have gotten by without great "talent" on the offensive line......yes their offensive lines have played well but they have coached very well and coached up...the overall level of talent isnt very high....thats why you saw a team like the giants able to beat them up twice pretty good

even a team like philly has a certified beast in cox...then you look around him and theres a 14th overall pick in barnett....a former ravens 2nd round in jernigan...their own former 1st and 2nd rounders in graham and curry....alot of talent up front

these arent playoff series...best of 5 or 7...in one game a couple of plays can swing it all and it can be over just like that.

I think a lot of folks have a hard time getting past the name Jacksonville Jaguars because for years they have been synonymous for failure and an overall poorly managed franchise. I mean really how many fans in NE have actually watched Jacksonville play this year other than the last 2 weeks?

• Like 1

I’d like to add that, after an historically bad start to this NFL season, the NE Patriots are #1 in scoring defense weeks 5-17.  I know everyone want to talk about how great Jax, Min and Philly are on defense, and they are, but I think people underrate the Pats D because they are not flashy.  They also rank sixt in sacks during that period, BTW.

The Patriots are not a slouch on D, and I think that is why the QB comparisons are very important....because I don’t think any of these teams gives away much to the others on defense.  4 very good defensive teams.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Oh yeah, Coughlin knows how to beat the Pats. I didn't think about that until now. They are playing Patriot football against them. The Jags look just like the Giants and playing smashmouth football on all three sides of the ball. Love it. Tired of the Pats really. Time for some new blood. Go Jags. 

On 1/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, ItsMitchh said:

Idiot. Because the refs went 35-53 for 337 yards. Because the refs threw 3 tds and 0 picks. Right? Because the refs sacked Mariota 8 times. Because the refs scored 35 unanswered points. Because holding Henry to 12 rushes for 28 yards is the refs doing. Right? A couple calls went against the Titans. So what? That means they should've won? That entitles them to 21 points and a game winning field goal? Calls go both ways pal. Gronk gets interfered with on literally every single play. They call it? No. Keep whining though. And yeah Gourdeau. The NFL really praying for the Pats. After they dragged Brady through deflategate, I'm positive Goodell wants nothing more than the Pats in another Superbowl. Yeah. No doubt. Dumbass.

Well I thought it was funny.