[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HC Mike Mularkey out in TEN

DMD

They can't immediately go after McDaniels now until after the patriots season is over.  They spent a great deal of time discussing this on local radio this morning.   Colts are rumored to be all in on mcdaniels, but if he has interest in the titans job, he has to wait to interview there until pats season is over.   Colts could be left holding their pole in their hand.   

22 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

They can't immediately go after McDaniels now until after the patriots season is over.  They spent a great deal of time discussing this on local radio this morning.   Colts are rumored to be all in on mcdaniels, but if he has interest in the titans job, he has to wait to interview there until pats season is over.   Colts could be left holding their pole in their hand.   

yeah the colts were rumored to be all in....but overall the titans situation is a better one and it looks like tenn might have just come right in and stole mcdaniels from a division rival

I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!

I went to bed last night after seeing a rumor that he might get an extension. This was such fantastic news to wake up to instead.

As others have said, I'm thinking they go after McDaniels. Before they initially hired Mularkey as their HC, there were rumors that McDaniels wanted to coach the Titans. That might still be true, plus GM Jon Robinson worked for the Patriots for a while and would know McDaniels pretty well. I would be happy with that. I think he learned a lot from his stint in Denver and will do much better in his next HC gig. We'll see though.

2 hours ago, loaf said:

Rumors of Mularkey in consideration for the Browns OC job

I'd be on board with that, but Jackson would be hiring his replacement because the minute he goes 0-4 hes done and Mularkey would be HC. Jackson will most likely hire Ben McAadoo tho, I would consider that par for the course.

Edited by jamesplante11

On 1/15/2018 at 10:03 AM, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

have to agree...and they must have someone in mind

Yeah, you don't break up with a good thing unless you have a lead on a better thing.

I hope the rumors of Brady and Belichick not getting along are true and Belichick decides to come back home to Nashville. 

On 1/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, tazinib1 said:

I like Eagles OC Frank Reich as the dark horse to get the HC gig in Tennessee. 

I didn't really like that guy when he was here in San Diego.  Eagles offense was balanced and operating amazingly under Wentz this year though.  Wonder if he's a fraud.

23 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

I'd be on board with that, but Jackson would be hiring his replacement because the minute he goes 0-4 hes done and Mularkey would be HC. Jackson will most likely hire Ben McAadoo tho, I would consider that par for the course.

Wouldn't McAdoo be the same thing as Mularkey, another OC with prior HC experience (and some success) ready to step in once he's canned. That could be part of any OC they hire.

Now that Haley is out in PIT (no contract past March) maybe the Browns interview him. Of course with his dump sweep call on 4th-n-1 not sure I'd want him here. Hue has to hire an OC, I continue to wonder if it is purely his call, or if others (Dorsey, Haslam) have input or veto power.

Also heard that Mularkey is more a power running offense, vs. Hue's big play chunk yardage approach (which has worked so well). So which one would win out, and what roster changes are needed to have success.

2 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Wouldn't McAdoo be the same thing as Mularkey, another OC with prior HC experience (and some success) ready to step in once he's canned. That could be part of any OC they hire.

Now that Haley is out in PIT (no contract past March) maybe the Browns interview him. Of course with his dump sweep call on 4th-n-1 not sure I'd want him here. Hue has to hire an OC, I continue to wonder if it is purely his call, or if others (Dorsey, Haslam) have input or veto power.

Also heard that Mularkey is more a power running offense, vs. Hue's big play chunk yardage approach (which has worked so well). So which one would win out, and what roster changes are needed to have success.

Grab Barkley at #4!  Drop Crowell.  Bolster the line.  Shop for a QB (McCarron?)

On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 6:55 PM, jamesplante11 said:

Cousins or Smith are the hot topic at the moment, and the line was pretty good, especially given they lost Thomas

The line didn't seem that improved even before Thomas went down, considering the FAs signed were supposed to be huge upgrades over what we had. Maybe it was just hard for me to see so the offense was so bad in general.

Crowell is an unrestriced free agent