[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are You Eagles Fans Look Forward to the Superbowl?

mikepr

Swamm, how you feelin? I know you have to be 2 parts so fired up you can't stand it while 1 part scared to death you have to deal with Brady and Belly whom seem to have made a career off ripping the hearts out of those who seek the ultimate in football ecstasy. Then there are Cowboys, Giants, and Skins fans that would love nothing better than to retain the No SB Victory sledge hammer used to beat you to a swollen pulp with for the past, well, several decades. 

Me, I find myself in a quandary. On one hand, I can't stand the Eagles, as you well know, and the closest I have ever been to rooting for them is when Randle Cunningham played QB and they let me down. I was even pulling or them to beat  NE when TO played on a bum wheel, yet they came up short and let me down again. I have gotten use to being able to hold on to the fact you have NO SBs to hang your hat on. However, on the other hand, I am sick and tired of watching NE win SB's. So again, I find myself rooting for you guys to take home your first LT. You deserve it. So for one Sunday I will put aside my hate, and prepare a ceremonial disposing of the aforementioned sledge hammer. Good luck Swamm. I really hope you guys get it done this time around. I will be pulling for you.:brew::yes:

Edited by Cowboyz1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cowboyz1 said:

Swamm, how you feelin? I know you have to be 2 parts so fired up you can't stand it while 1 part scared to death you have to deal with Brady and Belly whom seem to have made a career off ripping the hearts out of those who seek the ultimate in football ecstasy. Then there are Cowboys, Giants, and Skins fans that would love nothing better than to retain the No SB Victory sledge hammer used to beat you to a swollen pulp with for the past, well, several decades. 

Me, I find myself in a quandary. On one hand, I can't stand the Eagles, as you well know, and the closest I have ever been to rooting for them is when Randle Cunningham played QB and they let me down. I was even pulling or them to beat  NE when TO played on a bum wheel, yet they came up short and let me down again. I have gotten use to being able to hold on to the fact you have NO SBs to hang your hat on. However, on the other hand, I am sick and tired of watching NE win SB's. So again, I find myself rooting for you guys to take home your first LT. You deserve it. So for one Sunday I will put aside my hate, and prepare a ceremonial disposing of the aforementioned sledge hammer. Good luck Swamm. I really hope you guys get it done this time around. I will be pulling for you.:brew::yes:

I can't believe what I'm reading!!  No true cowboys fan can ever root for the Eagles, EVER!!

GO BRADY!!!

13 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

27066729_2063204637246466_2104947306718484722_n.jpg

2 insulting things in one photo for Philly. They hate Brady and the pats and from what I understand they hate that statue too.  LoL!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, irish said:

2 insulting things in one photo for Philly. They hate Brady and the pats and from what I understand they hate that statue too.  LoL!

why wouldnt they hate that statue? hes a fictional boxer thats about 5 foot tall.....when joe frazier is from philly

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis

Just now, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

why wouldnt they hate that statue? hes a fictional boxer thats about 5 foot tall.....when joe frazier is from philly

Exactly and yet it's what many think to go see first when Philly such a historic city. Insulting!

• Sad 1

On 1/27/2018 at 9:44 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

I'm with you here.  If we cannot have a huge sinkhole open up under these two teams, then I have to swallow my bile and root for Philly.  I'd prefer the sinkhole.

5 hours ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I'm with you here.  If we cannot have a huge sinkhole open up under these two teams, then I have to swallow my bile and root for Philly.  I'd prefer the sinkhole.

Am I literally the only cowboys' fan left on this board not jumping ship to the eagles fan club?  

Just embarrassing!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, irish said:

Am I literally the only cowboys' fan left on this board not jumping ship to the eagles fan club?  

Just embarrassing!

yes...and you SHOULD be embarrased! ;)  Even Michael Irvin agrees.

irvintweet.PNG

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

yes...and you SHOULD be embarrased! ;)  Even Michael Irvin agrees.

irvintweet.PNG

Well, now you've lumped yourself in with Irvin, ooof!  

• Sad 1

You know, I must admit you do have a valid point there Irish. The Eagles still suck and to think they would find a way not to suck for one Sunday is asking a bit much. I do find myself spitting the words out of my mouth after saying that foul name. I'm not sure what's worse, having to endure yet another Brady parade, with blue and red ticker tape or watching the filthy Eagles and their fans throw a year long party after winning. Boy what a SB. The team I hate vs. the team I can't stand. Ahh hell,,,,,,,,when's the draft?

Edited by Cowboyz1

On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Cowboyz1 said:

You know, I must admit you do have a valid point there Irish. The Eagles still suck and to think they would find a way not to suck for one Sunday is asking a bit much. I do find myself spitting the words out of my mouth after saying that foul name. I'm not sure what's worse, having to endure yet another Brady parade, with blue and red ticker tape or watching the filthy Eagles and their fans throw a year long party after winning. Boy what a SB. The team I hate vs. the team I can't stand. Ahh hell,,,,,,,,when's the draft?

Yes they sucked all the way to a 13-3 record and a SB birth. I guess the superior Cowboys were robbed of their better season somehow by Goodell and the Evil Empire :shrug:

5 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Yes they sucked all the way to a 13-3 record and a SB birth. I guess the superior Cowboys were robbed of their better season somehow by Goodell and the Evil Empire :shrug:

I'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that the Cowboys, Patriots, Saints and probably others have all been robbed by Goddell.  :(

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stevegrab said:

You know, since you brought it up, my Cowboys were robbed I tell you. The entire NFL is in on it. Take for example the refs. The Cowboys went 4 games without a single holding call on the opposing O line. Not a single call. D Lawrence was hogtied more times then I could count in the game against Atlanta. Notice how he got 10 sacks early in the year then the sacks all but stopped as teams figured out that the refs wouldn't call holding on him. Ridiculous........

20 hours ago, Def. said:

I'd laugh if it wasn't for the fact that the Cowboys, Patriots, Saints and probably others have all been robbed by Goddell.  :(

If the sport is so rigged and full of horrible stuff why are you a fan?  That goes for all the conspiracy theorists out there.

35 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If the sport is so rigged and full of horrible stuff why are you a fan?  That goes for all the conspiracy theorists out there.

Didn't say it was rigged or full of horrible stuff.  Said Goddell robbed the Cowboys, Patriots, and Saints and feel that is a very valid criticism based on the information available.  One is not indicative of the other. 

1 minute ago, Def. said:

Didn't say it was rigged or full of horrible stuff.  Said Goddell robbed the Cowboys, Patriots, and Saints and feel that is a very valid criticism based on the information available.  One is not indicative of the other.

Guess I don't follow, you believe the league/Goodell robbed teams, and that's not an indication the NFL is rigged or full of bad things? Is that because its ok to do it those teams for some reason.

Just seems that for the past few years I keep reading all these fans moaning about how screwed up the NFL is (discipline, the catch rule, the anthem protests, the Pats always winning, TNF games that suck, too many injuries........) yet they eat up the product, spend lots of time and even money on it.

49 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Guess I don't follow, you believe the league/Goodell robbed teams, and that's not an indication the NFL is rigged or full of bad things? Is that because its ok to do it those teams for some reason.

Just seems that for the past few years I keep reading all these fans moaning about how screwed up the NFL is (discipline, the catch rule, the anthem protests, the Pats always winning, TNF games that suck, too many injuries........) yet they eat up the product, spend lots of time and even money on it.

When did criticism become such a god awful thing?  It is a mean to help inspire positive changes. 

When it comes down to it, I think Goddell is a bad commissioner.  If you disagree that is by all means your right.  I have the right to point out that I think what he did in Bountygate was wrong.  In Deflategate was wrong.  In Elliott's suspension was wrong.  And Ray Rice, and Adrian Peterson, and etc...etc...etc...

That does not mean I think the NFL is rigged, does not mean I think it is full of bad things (whatever that means), just means I think Goddell is a bad commissioner that has robbed teams because of his piss poor decisions.  

Edited by Def.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Well, I could come here and complain about my wife and kids...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Def. said:

When did criticism become such a god awful thing?  It is a mean to help inspire positive changes.

When it comes down to it, I think Goddell is a bad commissioner.  If you disagree that is by all means your right.  I have the right to point out that I think what he did in Bountygate was wrong.  In Deflategate was wrong.  In Elliott's suspension was wrong.  And Ray Rice, and Adrian Peterson, and etc...etc...etc...

That does not mean I think the NFL is rigged, does not mean I think it is full of bad things (whatever that means), just means I think Goddell is a bad commissioner that has robbed teams because of his piss poor decisions.

Teams getting screwed is bad, mkay

Yes you have a right to complain, to think Goodell is a bad commissioner, and all the rest.