[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else having issues getting a check from league safe?

millworkguy

So I have a about 40% of my owners overseas, a few years ago a commish (that many of us was in a league with) was subject to a paypal hack (or ran away) with the league winnings  (about 1800) and I turned to league safe to ensure others trusted the funds would be around.

Since they joined with fan duel last season all I've heard about is issues actually removing funds from them.  At the moment I've been waiting a month for my check, after a week I emailed and was told there was issues with their check printer and I should have it in 1 to 2 weeks.  2 weeks passed, no check, I emailed, please give it another day or two, till we cancel and re-issue.  Went away and upon my return, again no cheque.  It's now been a month, they are willing to cancel the cheque, but want me to re request the payout and go through this whole process again.  At this point it will be 7 weeks since I paid the winners and 6 weeks to see any payment from them.

Anyone else having issues with them, any other sites starting up that can handle this?

Never used league safe, so I sadly can't give you advice on that.  For the future though, I run my league, and we switched over to Venmo this year, and it was incredibly easy and safe.  Most people are familiar with the app, and for those that aren't it's an easy way to wire money from checking account to checking account, usually used for paying back meals and bar tabs.  I was able to collect from every owner and let it sit in my Venmo until it was time to pay out to the winners.  Easiest money management system we've utilized outside of the first year Tilt was allowed for gambling and endorsed by ESPN.  Anyways, tl/dr,  I hope you're able to get it sorted out!! The 'paypal' hack from a couple years ago in your league sounds like complete and utter bullmanure though.  I'm sure he showed you proof that he was trying to work with his bank on correcting that?

18 hours ago, millworkguy said:

So I have a about 40% of my owners overseas, a few years ago a commish (that many of us was in a league with) was subject to a paypal hack (or ran away) with the league winnings  (about 1800) and I turned to league safe to ensure others trusted the funds would be around.

Since they joined with fan duel last season all I've heard about is issues actually removing funds from them.  At the moment I've been waiting a month for my check, after a week I emailed and was told there was issues with their check printer and I should have it in 1 to 2 weeks.  2 weeks passed, no check, I emailed, please give it another day or two, till we cancel and re-issue.  Went away and upon my return, again no cheque.  It's now been a month, they are willing to cancel the cheque, but want me to re request the payout and go through this whole process again.  At this point it will be 7 weeks since I paid the winners and 6 weeks to see any payment from them.

Anyone else having issues with them, any other sites starting up that can handle this?

This is interesting. I won a BoTh league that uses Leaguesafe. When I logged in to my leaguesafe account to claim my money (the same day that I received the you-won-money email from them), the only payment options that were available were prepaid debit card, paypal wire transfer and e-check. I didn't see a paper check option, which I would have preferred.

At the time, I was getting ready to leave town because of a family situation and just wanted to claim my winnings real quick before I left. Instead of emailing their customer support to complain/ask about paper checks, I just opted for the prepaid debit card. It came in mid January, and I haven't had any problems with it. The issued card had the accurate dollar amount. I used it to by some stuff at Amazon, so it's valid. And I can check the balance on a website they set up. The bad only thing: I have to spend it all by the end of August, which is the last month that the card is valid.

Millworkguy, was the paper check option listed as a payment option for you? Or did you have to bug their customer support?

By the way, I also won a league at RealTime fantasy sports, and the paper check that I requested from them ($2.50 fee) came in early January with no hassles.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

They wanted a couple of bucks for the cheque  (4 I think) and I had to scroll a bit to find it as an option.  My wife and I use the same cc for all our online purchases (for points, as well as purchaser insurance) so I have no interest in another card, also I was redistributing money (to others) so I didn't want "other goods" .  Funny how collecting money is so simple, paying it out is a real Pita.   With all the "stolen data" these days i prefere not to link my bank accounts , even if it means I've added a step , that was my choice.  Their complete lack of customer service is appalling and rather then telling me they would look into it and sort it out (process a cheque for me), they tell you to start the same process (which had already failed me) all over again.   At what point does management step up and take care of their clients.  I'm sure they invest our money for several months and make money using our money, and then charge us to take it out...

• millworkguy changed the title to Anyone else having issues getting a check from league safe?