[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Patricia to the Lions, McDaniels to the Colts

BeeR

McDaniels backed out of his commitment to Indy.  Damn..  and we coulda had Vrabel..

What a clownshow..

That dude can kiss any future HC job goodbye, unless he was promised to be Belichicks successor.  Hopefully Kraft decommits on that after Bekichick retires.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Such a Dill Josh Gordon move.. litterally calling coaches today to offer jobs 

Screenshot_20180206-224320.png

Totally agree.

And a few assistants have already signed contracts and were on the job.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13068/matt-eberflus

31 minutes ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Totally agree.

And a few assistants have already signed contracts and were on the job.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/13068/matt-eberflus

That article states those assistants are staying in Indy.  Still an awkward situation.  Do the Colts give them the option to terminate their contract now that Josh McDaniels is not going to be the head coach?

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Kraft probably guaranteed Josh the HC when Bill retires; however, I bet Josh just learned something about Luck's shoulder being questionable for the upcoming season and I bet Josh insisted on drafting at QB at #3, but the GM and owner said no.

no one knows exactly how long this will play out....will bill leave at the end of his contract next year? or is he around for another 3-4?

but mcdaniels is 41....another 3-4 years of top coordinator pay, with no pressure of getting canned,  with the HC job at the end of it in a place hes pretty familiar with....makes sense.....ride out the brady train and then go from there.....the colts, even with a healthy luck(which is no guarantee, is a roster dumpster fire

38 minutes ago, forever in debt to mo lewis said:

also to add....its appears kraft got directly involved.......and u just know he would love to get any chance to stick it to the colts again

If I were a New England fan this would concern me...

Belicheck made it very clear that if ownership ever got in the way or made football decisions, he’s done. 

Lets recap the the last few months 

-Rumors swirl about a riff between Brady, Kraft, and Belicheck. The riff was primarily over Kraft forcing a Garoppolo trade. 

-Belicheck benches Butler, cost them a better shot at winning the superbo l (in the eyes of some people)

-Brady publicly backs Malcolm Butler. 

-Belicheck let’s McDaniels and Patricia walk. After all they are his staff

-Kraft swoops in last minute and sweetens the deal for McDaniels to stay. 

Thats twice that Kraft has inteviened with Belichecks football decisions (allegedly). The first time with a player, but now with his staff. Someone he decided to let walk, and I guarantee you Brady went right to daddy Kraft and said “I want Josh to stay”

If Belicheck leaves and Brady keeps winning then Brady’s legacy grows. All without any blood of forcing Belicheck out on his hands. Win/win for Brady

12 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

If I were a New England fan this would concern me...

Belicheck made it very clear that if ownership ever got in the way or made football decisions, he’s done. 

Lets recap the the last few months 

-Rumors swirl about a riff between Brady, Kraft, and Belicheck. The riff was primarily over Kraft forcing a Garoppolo trade. 

-Belicheck benches Butler, cost them a better shot at winning the superbo l (in the eyes of some people)

-Brady publicly backs Malcolm Butler. 

-Belicheck let’s McDaniels and Patricia walk. After all they are his staff

-Kraft swoops in last minute and sweetens the deal for McDaniels to stay. 

Thats twice that Kraft has inteviened with Belichecks football decisions (allegedly). The first time with a player, but now with his staff. Someone he decided to let walk, and I guarantee you Brady went right to daddy Kraft and said “I want Josh to stay”

If Belicheck leaves and Brady keeps winning then Brady’s legacy grows. All without any blood of forcing Belicheck out on his hands. Win/win for Brady

last night there was a picture circulating locally of kraft and belichick dining together at a restaurant(which I frequent)  adjacent to the stadium....now I cant be certain it wasn't an older pic....but looked legit to me......what that means nobody knows

why wouldn't belichick let mcdaniels walk? hes 41 now and hes had more experience...hes prob as ready as he will ever be for a HC job.....I don't think bill would ever honestly stand in someones way if he felt they were ready....that was his problem before...he didn't think he was ready..........

so I don't see the mcdaniels situation as kraft getting in the way of a belichick decision......at all...in fact...I think you are making that something you want it to be....its an assistant getting a blessing for a HC gig and the owner sweetning the pot for that guy to stay......if mcdaniels had said "i don't want a HC job Id rather stay  here" all along that belichick would force him out the door and demand he take a HC gig? I don't think so......this is NOT a kraft intervening situation......for the time being mcdaniels remains in his role

we still don't know that jimmy g was a kraft move......so at best you have one possible scenario of kraft getting in the way....but still nothing tangible.......and if belichick had to be told to move jimmy g than id say his time is just about up here anyway......did you not see what tom did on sunday?

I'm not really concerned....most of this is icing on very wonderful cake.....the only people who want to be concerned are those who want it all to come crashing down.......eventually it will die out.....everything ends badly otherwise it wouldn't end right? sure id like to see sustained excellence but I'm not counting on it......

until further notice the pats are still amongst SB favorites for next year....that SHOULD concern everyone else

Edited by forever in debt to mo lewis
  • Like 1

Yeah i cant picture a scenario where Bill WANTED Josh to leave but also cant see him holding him back either.. consistency and continuity has been one of the main reasons for their success why would Bill want to mess with that if he were staying which it appears he is. I see Bill as being thrilled that Josh is staying around for 2 reasons, 1 it gives him a better shot at another ring and 2nd it adds to his legacy WHEN josh takes over as HC and if the success continues because Josh is one of his guys. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Yeah i cant picture a scenario where Bill WANTED Josh to leave but also cant see him holding him back either.. consistency and continuity has been one of the main reasons for their success why would Bill want to mess with that if he were staying which it appears he is. I see Bill as being thrilled that Josh is staying around for 2 reasons, 1 it gives him a better shot at another ring and 2nd it adds to his legacy WHEN josh takes over as HC and if the success continues because Josh is one of his guys. 

Great points