LordOpie

[dynasty] ... most under valued players?

who do you think are some of the more under rated players for the next three years? Here's some I think are under valued. Thoughts?

• Sammy Watkins
  • Kelvin Benjamin
  • Devante Parker
  • Jay Ajayi
  • Devante Booker
  • Austin Seferian-Jenkins

• Like 1

Have to wonder what Dalvin Cook will be like this year.

Hunter Henry should be better but should have been in 2017.

Depending on QB, Corey Coleman.

I am about ready to cut ties with Devante Parker.   He seems to me to be a guy who will never reach his potential.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DMD said:

Have to wonder what Dalvin Cook will be like this year.

Hunter Henry should be better but should have been in 2017.

Depending on QB, Corey Coleman.

do you think Henry is under-valued? Should he be a dynasty target?

there's no way league mates will trade Cook.

5 hours ago, Wpob said:

I am about ready to cut ties with Devante Parker.   He seems to me to be a guy who will never reach his potential.  

and I guess that's the point... if leagueamates feel the same, but you're wrong, then there's great value there. Of course, if you're right, then I'm throwing away assets...

There are a lot of ‘should be better’ guys out there.  Add Jordan Matthews to the list.  Malcolm Mitchell will be interesting.  What happens with Martavis Bryant?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Henry has the talent and QB to be a Top 5 if not Top 3 TE. But they just won't use him consistently so far. Gates hanging around has hurt him and Keenan Allen roaring back with a career year also took away from Hunter and they may not change unless Allen gets hurt as he did in literally every other year.

22 hours ago, LordOpie said:

19 hours ago, DMD said:

Henry has the talent and QB to be a Top 5 if not Top 3 TE. But they just won't use him consistently so far. Gates hanging around has hurt him and Keenan Allen roaring back with a career year also took away from Hunter and they may not change unless Allen gets hurt as he did in literally every other year.

To me it is exactly these factors that make Henry a definite buy target in dynasty leagues. His value is currently depressed but he has a massive upside. Every dynasty league structure is a bit different, if you are in a position with your team where you can acquire him without necessarily needing him to be a weekly starter in 2018 (ie you have a decent albeit older TE option already), the payoff could be big. A lot depends on what the current Henry owner has, but in a TE required dynasty league, he is definitely on the buy list.

In regards to a lot of the rookie and second year players mentioned above, at least in the dynasty leagues I am in, none of them would be available at a trade price where I would say they are undervalued - Cook, Mixon, Davis - all are taking premium offers to pry.

Of the other names already mentioned, Sammy Watkins and Malcolm Mitchell are both very intriguing and can usually be traded for at a less than premium price.

• Like 1

I can't decide what to think about Sammy Watkins.  He is the quintessential high risk/high reward player.  He clearly has a lot of natural talent.  In 4 seasons, his talent hasn't translated to fantasy prominence.  In Buffalo, his lack of production might largely be blamed on having a running quarterback who was risk averse.  Last year, he has the excuse that he didn't practice with Goff until the second week of August.  But I still think he should have had more than 39 catches on such a prolific offense regardless of not being there for most of training camp.  He did have 6 touchdowns in the last 8 weeks which is encouraging.  But his 21 receptions in the last 8 weeks is less than encouraging.  When you add his injury risk and potentially playing with a fat, new contract, he is as risky as any player.

My guess is that he'll be drafted in the 5th or 6th round in redraft because of name recognition.  I won't draft him that early.  But I'd consider drafting him in the 7th or 8th round as my 4th receiver.  In dynasty, it would be difficult to find a trade that both parties would find acceptable.  No one will give up a player of much value for him and no one who owns him will give him up unless they get a player of value.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I can't decide what to think about Sammy Watkins.  He is the quintessential high risk/high reward player.  He clearly has a lot of natural talent.  In 4 seasons, his talent hasn't translated to fantasy prominence.  In Buffalo, his lack of production might largely be blamed on having a running quarterback who was risk averse.  Last year, he has the excuse that he didn't practice with Goff until the second week of August.  But I still think he should have had more than 39 catches on such a prolific offense regardless of not being there for most of training camp.  He did have 6 touchdowns in the last 8 weeks which is encouraging.  But his 21 receptions in the last 8 weeks is less than encouraging.  When you add his injury risk and potentially playing with a fat, new contract, he is as risky as any player.

My guess is that he'll be drafted in the 5th or 6th round in redraft because of name recognition.  I won't draft him that early.  But I'd consider drafting him in the 7th or 8th round as my 4th receiver.  In dynasty, it would be difficult to find a trade that both parties would find acceptable.  No one will give up a player of much value for him and no one who owns him will give him up unless they get a player of value.

I think you've nailed it.  I'd take him as my 4th receiver.  Love the upside but there been mostly disappointment there.  Normally someone like Watkins is a player that I would just stay away from completely.  But I've missed out on to many surprise players that had rebound years to continue with that strategy.  4th WR is a great position for him almost regardless of the round.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

He was forth on the target list for the Rams (Kupp-94, Gurley-87, Woods-85, Watkins-70), but ranks well behind all 3 and some other players on catch % (just 55.7). That's about his average for his career. Haven't analyzed catch% much over the years, but start looking when guys have good target numbers but don't seem to put up good stats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

He was forth on the target list for the Rams (Kupp-94, Gurley-87, Woods-85, Watkins-70)

It'll be interesting to see if any of the Rams' receivers break out.  I could see a scenario where Goff becomes a top-5 fantasy quarterback but Kupp, Woods, and Watkins are all in the 20-30 range for fantasy receivers.  If the Rams sign a legitimate receiving tight end, it could also further dilute the receivers' stats.  Mcvay has already stated he wants more from the tight end position next season.  If I had to choose one Rams receiver right now in redraft, I'd probably take Woods.

12 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

It'll be interesting to see if any of the Rams' receivers break out.  I could see a scenario where Goff becomes a top-5 fantasy quarterback but Kupp, Woods, and Watkins are all in the 20-30 range for fantasy receivers.  If the Rams sign a legitimate receiving tight end, it could also further dilute the receivers' stats.  Mcvay has already stated he wants more from the tight end position next season.  If I had to choose one Rams receiver right now in redraft, I'd probably take Woods.

They may have already drafted one with Everett.  TE are notoriously slow for returns, but his usage should increase this year and next if he continues to develop.  Higbee looks to be JAG. 

I was able to trade Sammy and a def i cant remember for Tate, Keenum and Minnesota D. It's a 2qb dynasty league and this trade got me to and won me the championship! 

He wanted to get younger and really liked Watkins for some reason...