[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Bye Papa John's!! Pizza Hut now the Official Pizza Sponsor of the NFL

tazinib1

Good riddance to you and your horrible pizza. I did a stock and sales analysis of them and they sell the most pizza's during football season and March Madness when they offer the $5 cement frisbee. Then their sales dramatically drop. Crappy business and crappy pizza. Don't let the door hit you in the @SS. Of course, it didn't help them after the #BoycottTheNFL trend started after the Kaepernick kneel protest and they dropped their sponsorship. LMAO...talk about business suicide. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

They have the worst pizza ever....I always thought that the NFL should find great pizza places in each location of sun/mon night games and give them love. It would cost them next to nothing and the return would be awesome for SMALL guys instead of the the giant pizza slingers we've grown to hate. Thus making the NFL brand that much stronger...maybe.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

They have the worst pizza ever....I always thought that the NFL should find great pizza places in each location of sun/mon night games and give them love. It would cost them next to nothing and the return would be awesome for SMALL guys instead of the the giant pizza slingers we've grown to hate. Thus making the NFL brand that much stronger...maybe.

My job requires a "2nd Meal" quite frequently and the majority of the time we get pizza on set. Papa John's is BY FAR the worst pizza in the major chain market. Pizza Hut is superior to them at every level. BTW: It's amazing how much better pizza is up here in LA than down in SD. It's the water, which has been rated #3 in the country as recently as 2016 lol. Weird huh? 

17 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

I always thought that the NFL should find great pizza places in each location of sun/mon night games and give them love. It would cost them next to nothing and the return would be awesome for SMALL guys instead of the the giant pizza slingers we've grown to hate. 

I love that idea. A shoutout would be great to the local pizza joints. Hmmmm...Maybe we can start a trend on that on Twitter. #NFLLocalPizzaLove ? All it needs is a trendy hashtag

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

Whoever clicked confused, not sure how you could be if you've been paying attention lol. But hey, we are all just dumb NFL fans.

Maybe they're confused on the purpose of this thread...I know I am now...:wacko:

Don't dislike their pizza but think its pretty average for a multi-national chain. Prefer Pizza Hut and Dominos but the fact they're no longer the official NFL pizza doesn't make much difference.

Who is the official fast food chain or burger restaurant of the NFL?

5 hours ago, Footballjoe said:

I don't eat at any of the chain pizza joints. I get my pizza from a few local businesses.

I only like one of my "local joints" and they only will deliver during "non-busy" times :lol: 

The rest of the local joints are meh.

I usually do Domino's pan pizza.  It's actually pretty good.

I don't mind Papa John's.  The garlic butter makes it better.

Look, pizza is like sex.  Even when it's bad it's still pretty good.

20 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

My job requires a "2nd Meal" quite frequently and the majority of the time we get pizza on set. Papa John's is BY FAR the worst pizza in the major chain market. Pizza Hut is superior to them at every level. BTW: It's amazing how much better pizza is up here in LA than down in SD. It's the water, which has been rated #3 in the country as recently as 2016 lol. Weird huh?

Ah yes the discussion of which chain pizzas suck or not, or that only local mom & pop pizzas are the best.

Pizza was always simple food for me, bread, sauce, cheese and toppings (give me meat, I'll make a salad to go with the pizza if I want veggies). Grew up on Pizza Hut thin crust italian sausage. Never cared for deep dish, just more breat. Now my standard is the Dominos $7.99 large carrout 3 toppings. They're right around the corner, I can order on my phone, pay with a card, and be there when it comes out of the oven to take it home. All for about the same price or a couple dollars more than a decent frozen pizza (Digiorno). Regular price is $15. Usually go with hand tossed, but sometimes do thin crust (a large is good for 3 meals, 2 if thin).

Donatos is good too, esp thin. Little Ceasers is pretty bad, cannot recall the last time I had Papa Johns. Local places may be better, but charge much more and when I'm in Otumwa Iowa where do I get the great local pizza I'm used to?

Darin nailed it though really, even bad pizza (especially when somebody else paid for it) is good.

Tons of authentic Italian pizza places are popping up all over the US.  The best American style pizza isn't close to as good as a true Neapolitan pizza.  Not even Mom and Pop shops can compare.  And a pizza Margherita in one of these places usually only costs $10 or $12 (though it is only enough to feed one person).  There is an organization sanctioned by the Italian government that certifies places as authentic Neapolitan.  Here is the list of places in the US that they have certified: 

http://americas.pizzanapoletana.org/members.php

Edited by michaelredd9

50 minutes ago, Footballjoe said:

I better not even mention that I made a homemade crust a few weeks ago. It was made of cauliflower and cheese. It was real good but took to long to make.

Looks like you mentioned it, bud.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ok, I will bite. We have a pizza chain here in Bellevue/Seattle called Zekes. By far superior to all three of the big pizza chains. We do get Papa Murphys bake at home fairly often, pretty good and definitely better than Papa Sit on the Johns, Pizza Poop, or Domicraps. All three way too greasy, little toppings, and often under cooked. 

As for Pizza Hut taking over for Papa Johns as the NFL pizza sponser, good riddance for the pie faced, extremely annoying due selling his crappy pizza. 

28 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

i once spent 16 days in Italy, never once saw a pizza place or pizza on the menu.

is it really Italian?

Pizza is a late night thing in Italy.  A lot of pizzerias don't open until 7pm.  You might have already been in your hotel after a long day.

On 2/28/2018 at 4:35 PM, tazinib1 said:

I love that idea. A shoutout would be great to the local pizza joints. Hmmmm...Maybe we can start a trend on that on Twitter. #NFLLocalPizzaLove ? All it needs is a trendy hashtag

You might get some push back from local pizza places that pay for time during football breaks. One local place here dominates the local football commercial content. Network affiliates might also have a word about losing a big client who no longer has to buy time with the shoutouts. Also who would choose these places? Correct answer is nobody, it would be sold, which is what happens currently on a local level BUT with the money going to the NFL and not local broadcast stations.

8 hours ago, satelliteoflovegm said:

You might get some push back from local pizza places that pay for time during football breaks. One local place here dominates the local football commercial content. Network affiliates might also have a word about losing a big client who no longer has to buy time with the shoutouts. Also who would choose these places? Correct answer is nobody, it would be sold, which is what happens currently on a local level BUT with the money going to the NFL and not local broadcast stations.

That may be true for over the air mentions, but there is nothing they can do about if it's done via social media. 

• Like 1

NFL twitter account says "Hey, Northeast Iowa, no better 'za than Two Ton Tony's. Order by halftime for some free breadsticks"

The next 400 tweets are listing pizza places by region?

It would different I'll say that.