[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Landry to Cleveland

jamesplante11

Coleman and Gordon on the outside, Landry in the slot.  That could be a top 5 WR trio in the league.  Pick up Barkley, a rookie QB to groom in the first round of this years draft.  Hopefully they can land one of the big QB's in FA.  Already a solid O-line and defense.  They could make an immediate impact next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It all seems like it could work well. But the Browns have burned through so many great draft picks and free agents with nothing to show for it. I think they need an exorcism or something. It is kinda like having a super hot woman come on to you at a bar. Emotionally you'd be all in it but intellectually you'd be struggling to grasp what is happening.  "You know, I really, really want to believe. But..."

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Coleman and Gordon on the outside, Landry in the slot.  That could be a top 5 WR trio in the league.  Pick up Barkley, a rookie QB to groom in the first round of this years draft.  Hopefully they can land one of the big QB's in FA.  Already a solid O-line and defense.  They could make an immediate impact next year.

It might be the best wide receiver trio in the NFL.  I don't think Tyrod Taylor will actualize that.

26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

since the deal was 2018 4th and 2019 7th, I'm guessing that Landry was being difficult in the process and not agreeing to a new deal with teams, eg. Chicago, since CLE hasn't worked out a new deal and Landry might play on the tag this year.

If anyone has the cap space it’s Cleveland, and if anyone can spend cap dollars it’s Dorsey...

26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

right, but CLE isn't the problem. I'm suggesting that Landry was the problem with working out a contract with potential teams. Otherwise, why did MIA rush to get rid of him for so cheap? Surely ALL of you agree that he's worth more than a 4th?

I agree Landry was probably not assisting in the process...but Miami also kinda dug themselves a hole.  Piss poor management to begin with and being over the cap once he signed the tag lead to a hasty PoS deal.  Its been really hard to be a Dolphins fan for quite some time now.  :sad:

4 hours ago, Def. said:

I agree Landry was probably not assisting in the process...but Miami also kinda dug themselves a hole.  Piss poor management to begin with and being over the cap once he signed the tag lead to a hasty PoS deal.  Its been really hard to be a Dolphins fan for quite some time now.  :sad:

This 100%, I can't figure out what the hell they are doing. I almost feel like it is time to become a free agent and take my fan services elsewhere.

11 hours ago, loaf said:

ecstatic doesn't begin to qualify my feelings

Barkley with the #1 pick followed by one of Mayfield/Allen/ Rosen with the #4 pick (Tyrod Taylor to start in 2018 as the hold the fort guy).  Browns in the driver's seat for sure.  Nice work by Dorsey if this comes to fruition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/10/2018 at 9:52 AM, Dcat said:

Barkley with the #1 pick followed by one of Mayfield/Allen/ Rosen with the #4 pick (Tyrod Taylor to start in 2018 as the hold the fort guy).  Browns in the driver's seat for sure.  Nice work by Dorsey if this comes to fruition.

Barkley, for as tempting as he may be, wouldn't be a wise pick at 1 or 4. 

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

he talks like championships are won or lost by one guy on the team. Even Michael Jordan had a quality group of guys around him.

This.  It takes a village to raise a football team.  The players drafted at the top of the NFL draft don't have a very disproportionate number of NFL championships regardless of position.  It's probably compounded by the fact that the teams that draft them are in shambles and often poorly run.  I don't think the Michael Jordan analogy works, though.  Shaquille O'Neal, Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Hakeem Olajuwon, Kobe Bryant, and Tim Duncan are 6 players.  They have collectively won 22 of the last 27 NBA championships.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LordOpie said:

don't draft a QB in the top five ever and he's why:

1. trubisky
  2. goff
  3. wentz
  4. winston
  5. bortles
  6. luck
  7. newton
  8. RG3
  9. sam bradford
  10. matt ryan
  11. matthew stafford
  12. mark sanchez
  13. JaMarcus Russell
  14. vince young
  15. alex smith
  16. philip rivers
  17. carson palmer
  18. david carr
  19. joey harrington
  20. michael vick
  21. Tim Couch
  22. donovan mcnabb
  23. akili smith
  24. ryan leaf
  25. steve mcnair
  26. kerry collins
  27. heath shuler
  28. drew bledsoe
  29. rick mirer
  30. jeff george
  31. Vinny Testaverde

how many superbowls have they won? In the past 30 years, out of 34 QBs drafted in the top five picks, only three (manning, manning, and aikman) have won a superbowl.

That is a damning list.  The last time a quarterback was taken in the first round and won a Super Bowl was Joe Flacco 10 years ago at pick 18 (except Carson Wentz).

5 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

The last time a quarterback was taken in the first round and won a Super Bowl was Joe Flacco 10 years ago at pick 18 (except Carson Wentz).

:thinking:

Uhhhh...   Whatchu talkin about Willis??

Eli Manning 2008

Ben Roethlisberger 2009

Aaron Rodgers 2011

Eli Manning 2012

Peyton Manning 2016

Carson Wentz 2017

13 hours ago, keggerz said:

This should be all the explanation you'll need for why I feel that way: https://twitter.com/i/moments/972697630060015616

So basically great players don't often help teams win Super Bowls so don't draft them?

So if he falls to 11-20 or later, somebody should draft him there, since a higher percentage of RBs drafted there helped their teams win a SB?

Sorry, that seems like cherry picking stats to support a hypothesis.

PS  For those saying "that guy doesn't know what he's talking about", keggerz is that guy (Steve Gallo who sent the tweets), a long respected member of the huddle, but I have to say off base on this analysis.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

That is a damning list.  The last time a quarterback was taken in the first round and won a Super Bowl was Joe Flacco 10 years ago at pick 18 (except Carson Wentz).

Guys like Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson and Rothlisberger might have had something to say there.  Even if the one player argument held water, that’s a tough group to punch through.

19 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

:thinking:

Uhhhh...   Whatchu talkin about Willis??

Eli Manning 2008

Ben Roethlisberger 2009

Aaron Rodgers 2011

Eli Manning 2012

Peyton Manning 2016

Carson Wentz 2017

Oh....don’t be a PITA.  He just worded it poorly.  Flacco was the last player to be drafted as a first round QB to win a SB.

5 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Oh....don’t be a PITA.  He just worded it poorly.  Flacco was the last player to be drafted as a first round QB to win a SB.

I don't know if you're being a smartass or trying to help make his point.  But still doesn't make sense to me.  Every one of these players I listed were drafted as a 1st round QB

10 minutes ago, Caveman_Nick said:

Guys like Brady, Manning, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Wilson and Rothlisberger might have had something to say there.  Even if the one player argument held water, that’s a tough group to punch through.

He said 1st round.. 

Brees - 2nd round

Wilson - 3rd round 

Brady - 6th round