jamesplante11

Landry to Cleveland

42 minutes ago, keggerz said:

Why wouldn't I be?

:lol:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Man I’m loving the Browns decisions this year. From the front office to the additions. This might be the most impressive off season for the Browns I can remember. And we are just getting started. Carlos Hyde too? I just hope they don’t mess up the draft lol. Browns fans should be excited. We’ll see....so far so good

Edited by tazinib1
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Man I’m loving the Browns decisions this year. From the front office to the additions. This might be the most impressive off season for the Browns I can remember. And we are just getting started. Carlos Hyde too? I just hope they don’t mess up the draft lol. Browns fans should be excited. We’ll see....so far so good

Not exactly a high bar to get over.......

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Big Country said:

Browns own the offseason, its the regular season we cant seem to figure out

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Big Country said:

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Way to pick the low hanging fruit.

Us bottom feeders pick what we can.    :D

22 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

As a long time Browns fan, Hyde would be a great improvement, but does that mean that Barkley is now off their draft board?  Or could they still go ahead and draft Barkley even after signing Hyde, and working on a new deal with Duke Johnson?  :thinking:  Hyde has performed very well when he's been on field, and finished just outside of top 10 in PPR last year if i remember correctly.  He'd fare much better and stay healthier behind the Browns O-line, than the 49'ers.  Hard not to get excited about the prospect of drafting Barkley though, especially with all the other offseason moves.. 

28 minutes ago, kdko said:

As a long time Browns fan, Hyde would be a great improvement, but does that mean that Barkley is now off their draft board?  Or could they still go ahead and draft Barkley even after signing Hyde, and working on a new deal with Duke Johnson?  :thinking:  Hyde has performed very well when he's been on field, and finished just outside of top 10 in PPR last year if i remember correctly.  He'd fare much better and stay healthier behind the Browns O-line, than the 49'ers.  Hard not to get excited about the prospect of drafting Barkley though, especially with all the other offseason moves..

Would be a major shock to see them draft Barkley after signing Hyde. Team has lots of holes, if you're already planning to draft a once in a decade talent RB, why sign a competent starter now? Its not like a QB where you need time to adapt to the NFL, RB is one of the easiest.

QB and Fitzpatrick, maybe Chubb. Good chance to trade from 4 as well. I might actually watch the first round of the draft this year.

Landry just signed his extension with Cleveland....5 year 75 million 47 million guaranteed per Rapoport

3 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Landry just signed his extension with Cleveland....5 year 75 million 47 million guaranteed per Rapoport

wow!

24 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I love Landry. I'm glad he finally got the recognition he deserves. That is a massive contract. Props to Cleveland for securing one of the most underrated WR's in the NFL. 

• Like 2

Dayum, I can only imagine what OBJ is going to try and command with a long term contract.

At first the numbers jump off the page and you think wow that's a commitment...but lets not forget Sammy Watkins got a 3 year $48m deal with KC and 30m guaranteed  so thats a 16m a year deal for Watkins

I suspect many Browns fans will bash this deal, they'll say they shouldn't pay that much for a mediocre talent, that Josh Gordon is already WR1, that we should have signed OBJ or some other nonsense. And they'll do all that before they even see the details of the contract, let alone what Landry can do for the Browns.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I suspect many Browns fans will bash this deal, they'll say they shouldn't pay that much for a mediocre talent, that Josh Gordon is already WR1, that we should have signed OBJ or some other nonsense. And they'll do all that before they even see the details of the contract, let alone what Landry can do for the Browns.

Ask them how they defend a "mediocre talent".  And Sammy Watkins is a lazy, overpaid WR that should not even be in the same conversation as Landry. 

Edited by tazinib1

I don't see how anyone could bash it.  He was the best WR to move in free agency, and one of the best WR's in the league

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

I don't see how anyone could bash it.  He was the best WR to move in free agency, and one of the best WR's in the league

This. 

44 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Ask them how they defend a "mediocre talent".  And Sammy Watkins is a lazy, overpaid WR that should not even be in the same conversation as Landry.

I've given up trying to reason with most of them, they're all experts in football and know better than any GM. Some are already calling for Dorsey's head if he drafts somebody (Allen mostly, but several of the QBs) in a spot they don't agree with.

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

I've given up trying to reason with most of them, they're all experts in football and know better than any GM. Some are already calling for Dorsey's head if he drafts somebody (Allen mostly, but several of the QBs) in a spot they don't agree with.

OMG are we actually agreeing on someing>>>>>????? Call the Huddle Police. Where is LordOpie when you need him

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

OMG are we actually agreeing on someing>>>>>????? Call the Huddle Police. Where is LordOpie when you need him

:yay:

EDIT: Wait... why?

Edited by LordOpie

Posted (edited)

Landry is a far better fantasy receiver than Watkins.  But real football can be different than fantasy.  Landry is an unathletic but physical receiver.  He is a possession receiver running simple routes right in front of his quarterback.  Possession receivers often put up high reception totals which is very nice in PPR leagues.  He doesn't command a lot of attention from the defense.  Sammy Watkins is fast, athletic, and big.  He is a good deep threat.  He does command a lot of attention from the defense.  With the type of routes he runs and the attention he receives from the defense, he isn't going to put up big reception totals.  But the attention he receives from the defense is still a game changer.

If I had to choose between Landry and Watkins for an NFL team, I'd probably choose Landry.  I'd rather have an overachiever with little natural talent over an underachiever with a lot of natural talent.  Players like Watkins never seem to reach their potential.  These last two seasons have essentially been contract years for Watkins.  He didn't work very hard.  He now "earned" his first big payday.  I think we can be sure that he'll work less hard in the next few years.  But there is no denying his natural skills.  He has the potential to be a top-5 NFL receiver if he were committed to his craft.  But instead, he is probably Roy Williams all over again.

Edited by michaelredd9

9 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

Landry is a far better fantasy receiver than Watkins.  But real football can be different than fantasy.  Landry is an unathletic but physical receiver.  He is a possession receiver running simple routes right in front of his quarterback.  Possession receivers often put up high reception totals which is very nice in PPR leagues.  He doesn't command a lot of attention from the defense.  Sammy Watkins is fast, athletic, and big.  He is a good deep threat.  He does command a lot of attention from the defense.  With the type of routes he runs and the attention he receives from the defense, he isn't going to put up big reception totals.  But the attention he receives from the defense is still a game changer.

If I had to choose between Landry and Watkins for an NFL team, I'd probably choose Landry.  I'd rather have an overachiever with little natural talent over an underachiever with a lot of natural talent.  Players like Watkins never seem to reach their potential.  These last two seasons have essentially been contract years for Watkins.  He didn't work very hard.  He now "earned" his first big payday.  I think we can be sure that he'll work less hard in the next few years.  But there is no denying his natural skills.  He has the potential to be a top-5 NFL receiver if he were committed to his craft.  But instead, he is probably Roy Williams all over again.

Good post.  The reason guys like Cooper Kupp and Robert Woods had excellent seasons last year was because Watkins always drew the defense's #1 corner.  His freakish ability alone necessitated it.  Not surprisingly, the Rams went out and got Brandin Cooks so their offense didn't take a step back.

You're right... Landry is fantasy gold in PPR formats.  He was serviceable in non-PPR.  I remember grabbing him after someone dumped him in one such league last season.  I used him as my WR2 / flex and he was fine.