[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cleveland is dealing today

jamesplante11

15 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

I would like to win 4 games.

But seriously. I might be the minority, I don’t think there’s a QB worth 1.01. I wouldn’t mind seeing Barkley still at 1, and a QB at 4 and Mike White in the 3rd rd.

I think getting back to 4-5 wins is the first stepping stone, this team has won 1 game in the last 2 seasons, and their average is around 4 wins over the past 20 years (since return in 1999). So 4 wins is back to normalcy, then build from there.

As for the draft, I would be fine with them not taking a QB at #1 or #4, but I doubt that happens, and we'll hear endlessly (from fans and NFL experts) about how the franchise is still horrible as they continue to pass on potential franchise QBs. Some still talk about how passing on Roethlisberger was a mistake (I don't agree).

Was talking to another guy at work, he says he could see Chubb as a possibilty at 4, but would prefer Fitzpatrick.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

I think i'm going to declare as a Browns fan soon.  Haven't been a Chargers fan since they left town, and my pops is from Ohio and a diehard Browns fan.  Plus, we both still root for OSU. BROWNS BABY!!!

:pc: Or the Cowboys?

1 hour ago, tazinib1 said:

Wait a minute. I'm a closet Browns fan. Does this mean we can't argue anymore? BOOOOO!!!!!!

We could just jump back into a J-Stew thread at any time and get our fix :lol:   For now, we got the same team though!

BROWNS BABY!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Some people think this means there's no way they use #4 pick on a DB, don't agree Fitzpatrick or Ward(OSU) are still options, or Chubb, maybe even Barkley or a trade.

Even Josh Jackson, a little early for him but if they trade back I could see them using a 10-15 on Jackson

I don't get the Drew Stanton signing, is he going to compete with Kessler for the backup QB job, then the loser becomes #3 emergency QB they stash somehow while also rostering a rookie QB from the #1 draft slot?

Is this a better experienced NFL backup to help train the rookie (and maybe Kessler too).

Is Kessler dead weight that's going to get axed?

5 minutes ago, NAUgrad said:

What if Cleveland doesn't take a QB?  Instead they go with Barkley and Chubb/Nelson.  This team is getting very close to winning more than 4 games next year!

No way, not going to happen.

As far as their record, 4-12 would be back to normal, but even that could be a leap (lets not forget how many new pieces they're putting in and the problems on offense last year).