[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FAs: what do you want for your team

BeeR

Within at least semi-reasonable bounds, obviously we'd all like our teams to sign all kinds of top talent.

Colts, top choice is either Solder or Norwell.  Boost that line.  Second choice, WR Robinson.  And re-sign that CB who's name I forget but is highly touted. After that, there are various 2d-tier or less guys I wouldn't mind, but those are the biggies.  Don't want RB Lewis, great part-timer, don't buy him as a full-time, bell cow kind of  back. Would have loved Lawrence but that isn't happening.  

Brian Gutekunst is supposed to be more active in free agency than Ted Thompson was for the Packers.  Rotoworld just posted that the Packers have reached out to Jimmy Graham.  Fantasywise, I'd love it.  But for the Packers, I'd rather they spent that money on defense.  Our offense will be elite as long as Rodgers is healthy.  I'd like to see them cut Cobb and spend that money on defense, too.  Cornerback and defensive line could both use help.  It's been a long time since our defense was good.

Edited by michaelredd9

Heehawks are in full blown rebuild of their D. So many holes now. Need CB, D-line, edge rusher.  Would love to see the best CB or safety chosen at 18, but that is not going to happen. They will trade down twice to pickup more picks in 2nd and 3rd. Then proceed to pick guys nobody has heard of and have them sit on the bench as projects. Or...they pick oline players that are projects that plain and simply suck. Pipe dream would be getting Guice, Chubb or Michel at RB as they are in desperate need of a workhorse RB. 

20 hours ago, BeeR said:

Within at least semi-reasonable bounds, obviously we'd all like our teams to sign all kinds of top talent.

Colts, top choice is either Solder or Norwell.  Boost that line.  Second choice, WR Robinson.  

Norwell and Robinson already about to be gone.  effing Colts.  You have a ton of $ and a ton of holes; sign SOMEONE significant.

not much talk of Carlos Hyde.   I even see him ranked behind Dion Lewis and J. McKinnon on FA lists at RB. 

he would seem to me to be the most proven at carrying a workload and is only 27.   He could fit in Seattle, Oakland, Tampa, Indy, Giants, back with 9ers.

As a fan of the Colts, a difference maker.  All this money and all the top talent is signing elsewhere.  Allen Robinson to the Bears sucks.  I was really hoping if the Colts did anything, it was sign Robinson and Norwell.  Would have addressed two needs with some highly talented players for the next few years. 

Fatass Grigson showed us a few years ago that blowing your wad on names can bury a franchise as well. I trust that Ballard has a plan and will spend all this $$ he has at his disposal wisely.  But then I keep reading reports that the Colts are showing a great deal of interest in Dion Lewis.  Why?  We don't need a f'n running back.  We need a line - to which you can then draft a RB and have someone to split with Mack.  We need DL, LB, DE's - goddamnit Ballard - you're giving us flashbacks of Grigson already.  Fix the defense!

Edited by Shorttynaz

8 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

I keep reading reports that the Colts are showing a great deal of interest in Dion Lewis.  Why?  We don't need a f'n running back.  

You can't be serious-?

1 hour ago, rebdog said:

not much talk of Carlos Hyde.   I even see him ranked behind Dion Lewis and J. McKinnon on FA lists at RB. 

he would seem to me to be the most proven at carrying a workload and is only 27.   He could fit in Seattle, Oakland, Tampa, Indy, Giants, back with 9ers.

What I can tell is he is very hot and cold.  You want reliability.

Colts aint gettin Barkley though, so one of these might be as good as it gets.  

LB Anthony Hitchens was supposedly a lock for the Colts - to which he would have filled in nicely.  Nope - he is signing with the Chiefs now. 

Read an article a few moments ago about how Chris Ballard claims to have dug in his heels and said they have pre-determined ceilings for Type A free agents.  They will not go over that ceiling to "help set the market" for other teams.  Well - can't say that's working now...   Gonna have $70M that you have to spend - and it's gonna be on a bunch of f'n scrubs.  We're replacing the Browns as the laughing stock of the NFL

5 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

LB Anthony Hitchens was supposedly a lock for the Colts - to which he would have filled in nicely.  Nope - he is signing with the Chiefs now. 

Read an article a few moments ago about how Chris Ballard claims to have dug in his heels and said they have pre-determined ceilings for Type A free agents.  They will not go over that ceiling to "help set the market" for other teams.  Well - can't say that's working now...   Gonna have $70M that you have to spend - and it's gonna be on a bunch of f'n scrubs.  We're replacing the Browns as the laughing stock of the NFL

This was Sashi Brown's approach to Pryor/Britt and now Cleveland has neither on roster. The whole "this level talent is only worth x amount" doesn't really work when there's a handful of teams in the running for a players services. 

Edited by jamesplante11

3 hours ago, jamesplante11 said:

My Cleveland wish list:

Joe Thomas to come back

Nate Solder

Trumaine Johnson

Kyle Fuller/Malcolm Butler

Paul Richardson

oh and a partridge in a pear tree

Curious what's the point of getting Solder if Thomas comes back? Would he play RT then move to LT when Joe eventually retires? Is tackle even an important position for us if Thomas returns?  I don't think so.  (Joe really needs to speak up soon, he's dragged this out too long already, with FA signings looming he should have already decided.)

Kind of funny how so many fans of teams (Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts, Bears, Dolphins) talking about how horrible their front office is, that they're challenging the Browns. Nobody is that bad, especially not contenders like SEA and KC.

Edited by stevegrab

9 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

Curious what's the point of getting Solder if Thomas comes back? Would he play RT then move to LT when Joe eventually retires? Is tackle even an important position for us if Thomas returns?  I don't think so.  (Joe really needs to speak up soon, he's dragged this out too long already, with FA signings looming he should have already decided.)

Kind of funny how so many fans of teams (Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts, Bears, Dolphins) talking about how horrible their front office is, that they're challenging the Browns. Nobody is that bad, especially not contenders like SEA and KC.

Solder would really only be on the wish list if Thomas doesn’t come back. 

I definitely get a kick out of fans being upset with their front offices. It seems like every year, Cleveland fans go “omg my front office killed it” then when real football rolls around we go “wtf did we do?”

Edited by jamesplante11

22 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Let’s go ahead and add Jordy Nelson to the wish list....Dorsey has a thing for Ex- GB alum

Didn't think the Browns need another WR...specially one that allows DB to stick to him like saran wrap. 

1 minute ago, Def. said:

Didn't think the Browns need another WR...specially one that allows DB to stick to him like saran wrap.

Well there was talk yesterday that they were pursuing Allen Robinson, and talk last week that Corey Coleman was the next one to be traded. I think Landry, Coleman and Gordon is good, hopefully Coleman continues to improve and Gordon gets back into complete football shape, and stays out of trouble.

We need a RB, not sure we get on in FA, I'd like Barkley but have a feeling they'll go QB at #1 instead and then he's gone at 4.

11 hours ago, Shorttynaz said:

Yeah I get not going crazy in the FA market and building through the draft blah blah - but when you have a ton of cap $ and a team severely lacking in talent, wtf - sign SOMEBODY.  Ballard is quickly underwhelming me as another GM bust candidate

Edited by BeeR

2 minutes ago, BeeR said:

Yeah I get not going crazy in the FA market and building through the draft blah blah - but when you have a ton of cap $ and a team severely lacking in talent, wtf - sign SOMEBODY.  Ballard is quickly underwhelming me as another GM bust candidate

You got to hand it to the dude so far.  He's had 1 year to clean up Grigson's mess.  You don't rebuild through Free Agency.  Kind of cliché, but there's meaning to "these guys are free agents for a reason" - they're either too old and only shells of their former selves, or they're too ungodly expensive to have that much $$ wrapped up into one player for the forseeable future - like Suh for the Dolphins.  Butler would have been ok, but dude isn't a shutdown corner.  Lewis - I'm glad they didn't lock up $$ in him when they can just draft someone or sign a warm body who will be about as successful as Lewis would have been.  I think Ballard is doing it right, as much as you nor I want to see it.  Don't budge - don't overpay for names unless that one name is someone who meets a need and masks the issues at two other positions (like a stud QB or a massive presence on the D line).  I would like to see them make a play for Suh, but the Colts have never been a team to take on loose cannons.  If they could get Jordy Nelson on the cheap for a 2 year deal, that would be a good fit too - but it won't happen.  Nelson will want more years and someone else will pay him more based on what he did in his prime.  Hell, as much as I want to see the Colts take Barkley or Chubb at #3, I am pretty much hoping they flip that for more picks.  Focus on the O-line and defense.  Sure - they're gonna suck for a few years, but a team like Seattle didn't get good through Free Agency.  If you have someone who is better at judging talent (unlike Grigson who was only good at judging cheesesteaks), they'll be relevant in another two or three years - unfortunately right around the time Luck has to retire for medical reasons. 

15 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Well there was talk yesterday that they were pursuing Allen Robinson, and talk last week that Corey Coleman was the next one to be traded. I think Landry, Coleman and Gordon is good, hopefully Coleman continues to improve and Gordon gets back into complete football shape, and stays out of trouble.

We need a RB, not sure we get on in FA, I'd like Barkley but have a feeling they'll go QB at #1 instead and then he's gone at 4.

Carlos Hyde to Cleveland