[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Agent Thread

jamesplante11

42 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Anyone else over Joe Thomas' pulling a Lebron? I feel like Cleveland was waiting to hear on Thomas to pull the trigger on Solder

Let's wait and see how things play out before we turn on one of our best (and most loyal) players of the new Browns era.

I'm not happy that he said he would decide "before FA" here we ware the day of signings and still no decision. I was worried the opposite could happen, we spend a ton on Solder and Joe still returns,. meaning we wasted resources where there wasn't that much need.

They did sign 2 other tackles, Chris Hubbard from the Steelers to replace Colemand at RT, and Donald Stephenson who can play left or right, but is probably not starting caliber.

CLE is saying Barkley still in play, but you have to wonder.  Hyde is capable enough, it would probably make more sense to get that QB you want and someone like Fitzpatrick at 1.04.

If I'm NY I'm jumping all over Barkley if CLE passes.

Edited by BeeR

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Cowboys should scoop him up.  They need a playmaker in the secondary.

He got cut for the fact that he's just a shell of what he once showed.  He's not the difference maker that he was when he got that nice contract.  Local rumors were that the Cards were asking him to restructure and take a pay cut - and rightfully so he told them to pound sand.  The Cards f'd up giving Bradford $20M - but that's their problem. 

2 hours ago, BeeR said:

CLE is saying Barkley still in play, but you have to wonder.  Hyde is capable enough, it would probably make more sense to get that QB you want and someone like Fitzpatrick at 1.04.

If I'm NY I'm jumping all over Barkley if CLE passes.

As a Colts fan, I'll get chub if both the Browns and Giants pass on Barkley. 

Colts are on the board with DE Denico Autry (formerly with the Raiders)

Long-armed and efficient with his power, Autry makes his living as a three-tech sub-rusher in passing situations — although he was asked to contribute in a variety of ways in 2017. He was on the field for 593 plays a year ago — 57% of Oakland’s defensive snaps. He earned five sacks, and swatted away seven passes at the line of scrimmage. Autry has some quickness off the snap, is adept at executing his stunt and game assignments to free up his colleagues, and has even developed a bit of nuance with his interior pass rush.  

7 minutes ago, Shorttynaz said:

Colts are on the board with DE Denico Autry (formerly with the Raiders)

Long-armed and efficient with his power, Autry makes his living as a three-tech sub-rusher in passing situations — although he was asked to contribute in a variety of ways in 2017. He was on the field for 593 plays a year ago — 57% of Oakland’s defensive snaps. He earned five sacks, and swatted away seven passes at the line of scrimmage. Autry has some quickness off the snap, is adept at executing his stunt and game assignments to free up his colleagues, and has even developed a bit of nuance with his interior pass rush.  

Bah...why sign a DE if you're just going to draft Chubb anyways...

2 minutes ago, Def. said:

Bah...why sign a DE if you're just going to draft Chubb anyways...

Call me crazy, but don't overlook Cleveland drafting Chubb.  Sure they need a QB and Barkley looks promising, but why did they just make it rain for Carlos Hyde?  They'll get their QB at #4.  I have a pretty good feeling the Colts will trade down to stockpile picks - but it won't happen till draft day. 

1 minute ago, Shorttynaz said:

Call me crazy, but don't overlook Cleveland drafting Chubb.  Sure they need a QB and Barkley looks promising, but why did they just make it rain for Carlos Hyde?  They'll get their QB at #4.  I have a pretty good feeling the Colts will trade down to stockpile picks - but it won't happen till draft day. 

You crazy  :D

Seriously though, Browns just wasted #1 on a DE last year.  Really can't see them doing that again.  Indy trading back makes more sense though.

1 hour ago, jamesplante11 said:

In case you thought Sammy Watkins' 3-year, $48 million deal with the #Chiefs might not be real money ... he got a $21M signing bonus and is fully guaranteed $30M. Set to make $34M over the first two years. Wow.

:blink:

Is Ryan Grigson KCs General Manager?

1 hour ago, Def. said:

You crazy  :D

Seriously though, Browns just wasted #1 on a DE last year.  Really can't see them doing that again.  Indy trading back makes more sense though.

Wasted, on the consensus first overall pick, because he missed some time and wasn't a lights out DE?  Or wasted as in "didn't draft the QB they needed".

Just tired of all the constant negative commentary about Browns, hear enough of it from the local fans.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, stevegrab said:

Wasted, on the consensus first overall pick, because he missed some time and wasn't a lights out DE?  Or wasted as in "didn't draft the QB they needed".

Just tired of all the constant negative commentary about Browns, hear enough of it from the local fans.

Actually neither...but I don't know how to phrase it well.  Maybe "burnt #1 on a DE last year" would be closer to what I meant.