[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packers expected to sign Jimmy Graham

Big John

38 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

TEs have seemingly always underwhelmed, production wise, with Rodgers in GB.  If that doesn't change with Graham it never will.

Have they had anyone of Graham's caliber since the underachieving Jermichael Finley?  

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

Have they had anyone of Graham's caliber since the underachieving Jermichael Finley?  

Negative, henceforth the major qualification.  With Nelson gone Graham is ripe for potential value.  I would think that he gets utilized more under Rodgers, outside the red zone, more effectively than in Seattle.  But, it's not without some reservations.

12 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Negative, henceforth the major qualification.  With Nelson gone Graham is ripe for potential value.  I would think that he gets utilized more under Rodgers, outside the red zone, more effectively than in Seattle.  But, it's not without some reservations.

Yeah this is a huge boon for Graham's fantasy value.  

• 6 months later...

Graham was heavily targeted today with all the recent injuries to the WRs and had a decent showing.  6 for 76 is good, but you have to wonder if his target share will ever get better than it was today. He looks like he will exceed his yardage total and maybe his reception total from last year; but his 10 TD total from 2017 seems like a long shot.

I haven't watched the Packers play, but I'm wondering if he is struggling to "connect" with Rodgers in the same way he did with Wilson.  Graham dropped quite a few passes in Seattle and I think his unwillingness to mix it up as a physical route runner generates a lack of confidence from his QBs.

• 1 month later...

I dodged a bullet with Graham.  I was targeting him with a 5th or 6th round pick but he was always gone by my 5th round pick.  I think I might have to reassess whether to draft aging tight ends who appear that they could be on the decline.  I did well for years drafting Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten when they were well into their thirties but they hadn't shown any decline.  I think the best solution is to make a concerted effort to draft Ertz or Kelce.  Or maybe Kittle.

7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I dodged a bullet with Graham.  I was targeting him with a 5th or 6th round pick but he was always gone by my 5th round pick.  I think I might have to reassess whether to draft aging tight ends who appear that they could be on the decline.  I did well for years drafting Tony Gonzalez and Jason Witten when they were well into their thirties but they hadn't shown any decline.  I think the best solution is to make a concerted effort to draft Ertz or Kelce.  Or maybe Kittle.

Yeah I scrambled hard this year to get OJ Howard after the draft and he's no prize but he's better than most. You have to wonder how high Ertz and Kelce and Kittle are going to go next year. Probably Howard too to some extent. 

Edited by purplemonster

I was dead wrong about Graham. I really believed he was in store for a 10 TD season. After all, if Russell Wilson could net him 10 TDs, surely Rodgers would get him at least 10, and maybe even 12 or 13 right?

Zach Ertz was still sitting there when I drafted Jimmy. By comparison, Ertz has 146 points in my league to Jimmy's 74 points. That is a deficit of 72 points. I've lost several matches this year by 5 points or less.

If I would have drafted Ertz over Graham, I'd have a winning record this year.

Let this be a lesson to future homers out there. NEVER draft a player just because you want him on your home team. I knew it was a homer move and I did it anyways.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alphashado said:

I was dead wrong about Graham. I really believed he was in store for a 10 TD season. After all, if Russell Wilson could net him 10 TDs, surely Rodgers would get him at least 10, and maybe even 12 or 13 right?

Zach Ertz was still sitting there when I drafted Jimmy. By comparison, Ertz has 146 points in my league to Jimmy's 74 points. That is a deficit of 72 points. I've lost several matches this year by 5 points or less.

If I would have drafted Ertz over Graham, I'd have a winning record this year.

Let this be a lesson to future homers out there. NEVER draft a player just because you want him on your home team. I knew it was a homer move and I did it anyways.

Come Monday at Midnight I can't release him fast enough. He's stealing money in GB.