Wolverines Fan

Packers release Jordy Nelson

salary-cap causality and was underperforming last year.

7 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

Wonder what the reasoning for this was

Nelson looks like he has lost a step, and he'll turn 33 in May.

• Like 1

I get the salary cap, but I think his underwhelming performance was more a Hundley issue than a Jordy issue

1 minute ago, Wolverines Fan said:

Nelson looks like he has lost a step, and he'll turn 33 in May.

33! That’s and old man for a WR. I didn’t think he was that...seasoned 

Posted (edited)

I would love it’s if the Rams sign him. Letting Sammy go was brilliant  and adding another over the middle sure handed WR would be even better. 

Edited by tazinib1

46 minutes ago, jamesplante11 said:

I get the salary cap, but I think his underwhelming performance was more a Hundley issue than a Jordy issue

+1

His performance was obviously down while Hundley was under center and wasn’t  able to get back that rythym he’s had with Rodgers. Bad move IMO but he will be highly sought after. 

I can see him on the Niners or Cowboys.

He'd fit white in in NE ......... B)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

He'd fit white in in NE ......... B)

racist.

;)

Edited by LordOpie

Hmmm, I'm inclined to think that he's just going to resign cheaper under a 1 year deal.  A-Rod also went full bro hymn tribute on instagram though, so who knows?  

WTF is wrong in the world when the dolphins are paying ALBERT FRIGGIN WILSON 8 MILLION A YEAR!!!! And Greenbay wont sign Nelson at 9 mil .. 

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

WTF is wrong in the world when the dolphins are paying ALBERT FRIGGIN WILSON 8 MILLION A YEAR!!!! And Greenbay wont sign Nelson at 9 mil .. 

what's worse is that they also signed amendola

Maybe they have like a Moneyball guy up in there.  Apparently Wilson was like the #24 graded WR per PFF...for what that's worth, haha.  That's playing with analytics a little too much for my taste...and that cost.

5 minutes ago, kdko said:

Maybe they have like a Moneyball guy up in there.  Apparently Wilson was like the #24 graded WR per PFF...for what that's worth, haha.  That's playing with analytics a little too much for my taste...and that cost.

i agree completely. I have no idea what PFF does to generate numbers, but when I heard that, my first thought was... Wilson didn't get enough targets to qualify for significant comparison.

24 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

As a Colts fan - this is where I'm really taking to Ballard's hard stance on not overpaying people, unlike what we had in Grigson in who made too many of these Albert Wilson types of signings. 

He is visiting the Raiders today.

9 hours ago, kdko said:

Did they hire Browns former GM Sashi Brown ;)

Jordy seeing Raiders today, Seahawks Tomorrow and Saints Friday.. my bet is Nawlins, they need a #2 WR , they signed Patrick Robinson and Demario Davis, who dat all in ? 

Raiders huh. I guess a decent swap for Crabtree if he can stay healthy and jive with Carr as he did with Rodgers (the latter will be tougher than the former IMO).