[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Where do you draft Jerick McKinnon?

michaelredd9

Where do you draft Jerick McKinnon?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you draft Jerick McKinnon?

• 2nd Round
    • 3rd Round
    • 4th Round
    • 5th Round
    • 6th round or later

I get the sense that Shanahan is going to look really smart or really dumb with this one and nothing in between. I just haven't seen what he apparently did but cannot argue with being the primary back in what that offense is shaping up to be. I have to think everyone wants him in the third but someone will take him top of the second.

5 hours ago, Dcat said:

pretty close to where you would have drafted Carlos Hyde had he stayed with SFO.  

last year hyde rushed for 938/8, and caught for his career high 59 for 350.  I do not think JK is built as a 3 down back, but can see a close total yards (or better), but McKinnon with 80+ rec.  there were a lot of questions about hyde preseaon.  SF is going to try to use JK as much as he can handle.

I'm not the biggest believer... if everything does align he could have a huge season in PPR.  I think i'll take dart throw at Breida in the late rounds again like I did last year. Sparq freak, and if that offense starts clicking and he fills in the Coleman role, he'll be a much better buy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darin3 said:

No way man.  Hyde doesn't have the same skillset and would not have fit in that role.

But from a fantasy perspective, they both have excellent pass catching skills but I'll give the edge their to Jerick, and I think their usage and yardage would be about the same in 2018. 

Their stats the last 2 years point to their similarity for fantasy.  Hey, given a choice I'm taking Jerick over Hyde so maybe you're right, and put them one round apart. I concede.

Jerick McKinnon - RB - San Francisco 49ers
Posted 3/27/18 9:53am ET 
San Francisco 49ers RB Jerick McKinnon continued to receive praise from head coach Kyle Shanahan, who suggested McKinnon can play well on every down after receiving a four-year, $30 million contract earlier this month in free agency. 'We think he's a great third-down back. We also think he's good on first and second down, too,' Shanahan said.

Huddle Up: While some in the fantasy community have jumped on McKinnon's bandwagon with both feet, others are wondering how a third-down back in Minnesota could all the sudden become a three-down workhorse. Matt Breida will obviously see his fair share of work in relief, but San Francisco did not hand the former Minnesota Viking the fourth-richest contract for a running back to work in a split committee. McKinnon's arrow is pointing straight up for fantasy, and he figures to be worthy second-round pick this summer.

If you're wondering this, you clearly didn't watch any Vikings games.  McKinnon was not solely the team's third-down back.  In fact, he and Latavius Murray split time fairly evenly.

McKinnon - 150 carries, 51 receptions on 68 targets

Murray - 216 carries, 15 receptions on 17 targets

Yes I own(ed) McKinnon and he was a very solid RB2 in larger PPR formats.  I think he easily jumps to a low-level RB1 in PPR formats.  

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

If you're wondering this, you clearly didn't watch any Vikings games.  McKinnon was not solely the team's third-down back.  In fact, he and Latavius Murray split time fairly evenly.

McKinnon - 150 carries, 51 receptions on 68 targets

Murray - 216 carries, 15 receptions on 17 targets

Yes I own(ed) McKinnon and he was a very solid RB2 in larger PPR formats.  I think he easily jumps to a low-level RB1 in PPR formats.  

Yeah, but Murray started dominating as the season went on and McKinnon wore down.  I don't now if McKinnon can handle a full season in a bellcow type role. 

8 minutes ago, kdko said:

Yeah, but Murray started dominating as the season went on and McKinnon wore down.  I don't now if McKinnon can handle a full season in a bellcow type role. 

I watched a lot of Vikings games.  I had McKinnon and Diggs on one of my dynasty teams.  

McKinnon had big games in Weeks 5, 6, and 8 and then again in Weeks 13 and 15.  Pretty evenly spaced out.

That said, yeah... Murray was junk to start the season and had his best weeks in the second half of the season.

I'm not sure McKinnon wore down... Murray just got hot and the Viking offense needed the guy that could come in and wear down a defense.  

McKinnon's skill set lends itself to the "Devonta Freeman" role in the Shanahan offense.  If he's 80% of what Freeman is, he's a low-end RB1 in PPR.

11 minutes ago, darin3 said:

I watched a lot of Vikings games.  I had McKinnon and Diggs on one of my dynasty teams.  

McKinnon had big games in Weeks 5, 6, and 8 and then again in Weeks 13 and 15.  Pretty evenly spaced out.

That said, yeah... Murray was junk to start the season and had his best weeks in the second half of the season.

I'm not sure McKinnon wore down... Murray just got hot and the Viking offense needed the guy that could come in and wear down a defense.  

McKinnon's skill set lends itself to the "Devonta Freeman" role in the Shanahan offense.  If he's 80% of what Freeman is, he's a low-end RB1 in PPR.

Agree with you about his perceived role in the Shanny offense.  I was surprised to see that McKinnon and Freeman literally have the same physique, I would have sworn that Freeman was a little stockier.  If the 49'ers offense turns out to be as balanced as Atlanta's with Shanny at the helm, McKinnon and Breida will both be good buys.  I'll probably be late, but i'd like to target McKinnon in the 3rd in 12 man/PPR, ~30ish ADP.