Wolverines Fan

Trouble for Eagles' Michael Bennett

Recommended Posts

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A federal indictment is baaaaaaaad news man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wonder if SEA or PHI knew this was possibly coming down?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a great role model for " the cause"

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shocking.  It's going to be pretty difficult to put an "I'm the victim" spin on this one.  :rolleyes:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what occurs if Bennett failed to report this to the seahawks, they are saying they didn't know until today,  could the Eagles request to nulify the trade if in fact Bennett knew about the investigation/ incident and didn't report it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sources say Bennet was a known CHARGERS fan and hung out with TAZ between shoots......Charger fans hate old ladies...little known fact.

 

 

LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

.....Charger fans hate old ladies...little known fact.

are you sure Taz hates you?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, boltnlava said:

My sources say Bennet was a known CHARGERS fan and hung out with TAZ between shoots......Charger fans hate old ladies...little known fact.

 

 

LOL 

 

:boxing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This sounds like a load of hogwash.  Why is a 66 year old paraplegic woman working security at the Super Bowl?  She gets a "sprained shoulder" from getting pushed and over a year later a felony indictment is served?  This is some Texas redneck justice because of Bennett's political activism.

 

I wonder if Jerry Jones had a hand in this?  Jerry has a lot of power in Texas and his influence extends far beyond Dallas.  Dallas is focused on beating Philly more than any other team.  Dallas is probably more focused on Philly than they are against the rest of the NFL teams combined.  Dallas has motive to hurt Philly.  It also wouldn't surprise me if Jeffrey Lurie has been at odds with Jerry Jones in the recent owner infighting.  Lurie is a very active owner and is on most committees.

 

Edited by michaelredd9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

This sounds like a load of hogwash.  Why is a 66 year old paraplegic woman working security at the Super Bowl?  She gets a "sprained shoulder" from getting pushed and over a year later a felony indictment is served?  This is some Texas redneck justice because of Bennett's political activism.

 

I wonder if Jerry Jones had a hand in this?  Jerry has a lot of power in Texas and his influence extends far beyond Dallas.  Dallas is focused on beating Philly more than any other team.  Dallas is probably more focused on Philly than they are against the rest of the NFL teams combined.  Dallas has motive to hurt Philly.  It also wouldn't surprise me if Jeffrey Lurie has been at odds with Jerry Jones in the recent owner infighting.  Lurie is a very active owner and is on most committees.

 

Great conspiracy theory you've got going, any evidence to support it, or just the usual wild speculation. A story with a few more facts below

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22885911/eagles-defensive-end-michael-bennett-indicted-injury-elderly-paraplegic-incident-super-bowl

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not saying Bennett isn't guilty of the alleged crime; but it's certainly an odd story for some of the reasons MR stated above.  Adding to the weirdness was the Houston police chief claiming the indictment took a year due to a lack of resources for a low level crime.  Yet there are clearly enough resources for grandstanding in a press conference and lambasting Bennett, well before due process has concluded.   It's also hard to fathom how one forcibly opens multiple security doors, forces his way through 3 security guards, assaults one of the security guards, is confronted by a police officer but somehow isn't arrested immediately or subsequently to an assault; during an event that has a substantially high amount of law enforcement.

 

 

 

Edited by Bobby Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, stevegrab said:

 

Great conspiracy theory you've got going, any evidence to support it, or just the usual wild speculation. A story with a few more facts below

 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22885911/eagles-defensive-end-michael-bennett-indicted-injury-elderly-paraplegic-incident-super-bowl

 

 

Why does it upset you that I am speculating?  This is a fantasy football message board.  We are supposed to speculate here. If you want to strictly read the news, then go read the news.  The article that you link has few facts.  Do you think it's a coincidence that the investigation started 7 months later in September and that the the anti-police stadium protests exploded in September with Bennett being a vocal proponent?  Bennett also accused police of racial profiling in September.  The only question is if Jerry also had a hand in this.  I don't believe Jerry is above doing it.

 

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

 

Why does it upset you that I am speculating?  

 

Well, you did go full blown conspiracy with the Jerry Jones angle.  There is seemingly enough unanswered questions to make the whole thing suspicious without claiming 9/11 was an inside job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bobby Brown said:

Well, you did go full blown conspiracy with the Jerry Jones angle.  There is seemingly enough unanswered questions to make the whole thing suspicious without claiming 9/11 was an inside job.  

 

The charges against Bennett are clearly political in nature.  It's not a crazy conspiracy theory to think that Jerry Jones could have been involved on some level.  Bob McNair is possibly more likely to have been involved.  McNair was recently deposed in the Kaepernick collusion case.  McNair is the one who was quoted as saying "we can't have the inmates running the prison."   #Pushgate happened at the Texans' stadium.  Local law enforcement would have spoken with McNair about Pushgate since it happened in his stadium.  McNair probably has a cozy relationship with local law enforcement and probably has a lot of influence with them.  McNair and Jones have come under a lot of heat lately because of their stance on the protests.  They are not the type to get hit and not fight back.   And they have the good ol' boy connections to use law enforcement to get payback.  Police look the other way a lot when it comes to professional athletes.  McNair and Jones might have just let players know that if they protest, police may not look the other way.  And they may even indict you on trumped-up felony charges 13 months later.

 

 

 

Edited by michaelredd9
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree, 13 months later if very very fishy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not fishy at all in my opinion  in terms of time frame, I'm in law enforcement up north and i can tell u that prioritizing cases is reality. if you're a small town police department that doesn't have much on the go, these charges get processed pretty quick , but in a major city with multiple homicides, large scale drug investigations, real emergencies daily , add in that they had a catastrophic hurricane that devastated the city, i can easily see this being put on the backburner over and over, the investigation is only 1 part, once its completed, it then could have sat on the DAs desk for an extended period of time as they reviewed more important cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gourdeau said:

Not fishy at all in my opinion  in terms of time frame

If the Houston PD didn't have enough resources to deal with the crime; it seems pretty stupid they had plenty of resources to perform a dog and pony show press conference with a half dozen officers in front of a camera a year later.

 

Was Michael Bennett guilty of assault?  Sure.  I'll buy it. But the Houston police officer who witnessed it has some incredibly poor discretion or the department sucks big time if they can't figure out how to arrest someone after an  assault happens...at the SB....on the field.

 

It's fishy.

 

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/03/michael_bennett_incident_details.html

 

 

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 2:32 AM, michaelredd9 said:

 

Why does it upset you that I am speculating?  This is a fantasy football message board.  We are supposed to speculate here. If you want to strictly read the news, then go read the news.  The article that you link has few facts.  Do you think it's a coincidence that the investigation started 7 months later in September and that the the anti-police stadium protests exploded in September with Bennett being a vocal proponent?  Bennett also accused police of racial profiling in September.  The only question is if Jerry also had a hand in this.  I don't believe Jerry is above doing it.

 

 

Where did I say I was upset?  I only commented on your wild ass speculation being a nice conspiracy theory. Now in another post you state "the chargers are clearly political in nature" as if that is a fact, not just your opinion. Could it be fishy, sure. Do we KNOW it was the NFL owners who got him into legal hotwater, NO we don't know that, nor short of some actual evidence in this case should we believe that.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well he just turned himself in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Stephen A. Smith of ESPN Hot Take fame isn't too happy about Bennett's situation, the man is out to get him.....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.