[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OBJ trade?

BeeR

Trading away OBJ means the Giants are in a rebuild but that doesn't make sense with Eli Manning in his final years. Unless they draft a top QB, then Manning is there for a placeholder for a year. If they take Barkley or Chubb, they are playing for this year. But trading away OBJ is a sign that a rebuild is happening.

49 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

I hope the Browns don't add any headcases like that to their team.

Colin Cowherd is talking about the possibility of a Giants/Browns trade that would reunite OBJ with his college buddy Landry in CLE.  :shrug:

It could happen.

I would trade ODB.  And I think he might be the most naturally gifted wide receiver ever.  At best, he will always be a headache.  At worst, he will be suspended.  The current Giants GM, Dave Gettleman, was the Panthers' GM who cut Josh Norman for no compensation.  So he is willing to move on from a superstar instead of deal with the headache.

• Like 1

If they trade with Cleveland it has to be for the #4 and Coleman so they get a replacement at WR and  the Giants can add Barkley at 2 and a QB at 4.  The Browns would have no problem dealing Coleman as OBJ - Landry - Gordon would dominate the touches.  

OBJ is an unreal talent but as a Giants fan I am tired off him and only see things getting worse.  Move him now and be done with it.  

Coleman and Sheppard at WR

Engram at TE

Barkely at RB

Allen at QB

i am ok with that!

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

There are some Ram's people in the know here are speculating that it might cost the Rams Cooper Kupp in order to get OBJ. I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Link?

I haven't heard that anywhere.  

4 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

There are some Ram's people in the know here are speculating that it might cost the Rams Cooper Kupp in order to get OBJ. I'm not sure how I feel about that. 

Interesting, but I don't get it.  Kupp's skillset and role damn near mimics Shepards.  Unless they'd think about featuring Shepard and move Kupp to the slot..?  :thinking:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, tazinib1 said:

Taz getting tingly all over ;)

As for a source mentioning Kupp as part of a Rams trade, here is one (just stubled across it reading up on possible landing spots)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2766727-possible-landing-spots-nfl-trade-packages-for-odell-beckham-jr

shows Potential Trade

Rams receive: Beckham

Giants receive: No. 23 overall pick in 2018, third-round pick in 2019, WR Cooper Kupp

With regard to cap space, same article says Rams have $20M in space after singin Suh.

The Giants are obviously open to offers for OBJ, why does the media keep asking dumb questions and looking for an answer they can twist somehow?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/giants-gm-dave-gettleman-refuses-commit-odell-beckham-article-1.3899179

If they flat out say "nope we're not trading him, no way, he's a Giant for 2018" then take a great trade offer and move him they'll be called all sorts of names.

Now NYG is saying it's 2 1sts minimum.

From Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants are asking for "at least two first-round picks" in a potential Odell Beckham trade.

By all accounts, the Rams' No. 23 overall pick in next month's draft is on the table in Beckham conversations, but it's unclear if they'd be willing to give up next year's first as well. We doubt it, but the Rams have been uber-aggressive on the trade front this offseason. Bridges are being burned between OBJ and the Giants on a near-daily basis. It's still hard to see the team trading him, but Beckham may be to the point he won't sign an extension with the Giants. Mar 28 - 12:14 PM

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Brandin Cooks was acquired for a first by NEP and isn't OBJ significantly better?

maybe, like NOS, they simply don't want to deal with whatever issues their #1 WR is causing the team?

He is, but I don't know if the difference in talent between the two would cost an extra 1st round pick.  I don't think OBJ is twice as good as Cooks.

• Like 1

Interesting...

The New York Daily News' Gary Myers reports Odell Beckham "has told a couple of Rams players he wants in."

The Rams also clearly want to acquire Beckham and reportedly have put the No. 23 pick on the table. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Giants are looking for "at least two first-round picks," however, and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants would have to be "blown away." That asking price could change if Beckham says he will not sign an extension, but right now it is unclear if the Rams are willing to give up a king's ransom while also agreeing to Beckham's lofty contract demands. It seems absurd for the Giants to trade Beckham, but there is enough smoke around this story to take it seriously. Mar 29 - 9:38 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9403/odell-beckham/1

Patriots have two first round picks now. Pretty sure just complete wishful thinking/speculation on the part of Pats homers, but have seen multiple places postulating that with this move, the Pats now have two first round picks (23 and 31) which just happens to be the starting point the Giants are looking for to deal OBJ. Crazier things have happened, but I'd think essentially turning Cooks and the #31 into OBJ would be a good move for the Pats.

Giants move OBJ out of the conference and add two firsts to help the rebuild. They could then either use those picks, package them to move up in the draft, or ship one/both of them for additional assets.

Edited by Big Country