darin3

Who does Cleveland take at 1.01?

Who do they take / what do they do?  

31 members have voted

  1. 1. What does Cleveland do here?

    • Sam Darnold
      19
    • Josh Allen
      7
    • Saquon Barkley
      3
    • Other player (who?)
      2
    • Trade pick
      0


Recommended Posts

Darnold is the safe pick but I think the Tyrod Taylor signing signals them going with the higher upside guy in Allen.  Big, strong-armed kid who could thrive in Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a comparison on the radio over the weekend by Dan Orlovsky.  He compared Darnold to Roethlisberger/Romo (ability to create plays), and Rosen to Matt Ryan (Pocket Presence).  His take was that the things Darnold does well are things you can’t teach, and his shortcomings can be coached out of him.  If Taylor is looked at as a bridge QB, Darnold makes a lot of sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, Dan Patrick is saying the Browns really like Allen and are feigning interest in Darnold to make the Giants pony up.  The Giants apparently really love Darnold.  Something is going to happen here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darin3 said:

For what it's worth, Dan Patrick is saying the Browns really like Allen and are feigning interest in Darnold to make the Giants pony up.  The Giants apparently really love Darnold.  Something is going to happen here.

I’ll take your word...or Dan’s...on that.  I’m just parroting some opinion I heard on why Darnold is ‘the guy’

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darin3 said:

Darnold is the safe pick but I think the Tyrod Taylor signing signals them going with the higher upside guy in Allen.  Big, strong-armed kid who could thrive in Cleveland.

 

Also heard this about Allen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say other because it's Cleveland so they're bound to do something stupid.  It should be Darnold.  With all the trouble they've had at QB, why get cute?  Plus Barkley is likely there at #4 and he's the only other pick that makes sense IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, darin3 said:

For what it's worth, Dan Patrick is saying the Browns really like Allen and are feigning interest in Darnold to make the Giants pony up.  The Giants apparently really love Darnold.  Something is going to happen here.

 

1.01 for OBJ and 1.02

 

OBJ might be a bad decision with Josh Gordon on the team tho...

Edited by jamesplante11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no way the Giants are that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darin3 said:

Looks like ex-UCLA HC Jim Mora is doing his best to make sure that his guy doesn't go to the Browns. 

 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/04/03/jim-mora-comments-josh-rosen-nfl-draft-misconstrued/481469002/

 

Sounded more like a CYA over previous comments that were possibly misconstrued. From what I've heard he's far from the top of CLE list (most agree its Darnold or Allen, third option discussion is usually split between Rosen and Mayfield).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

 

Sounded more like a CYA over previous comments that were possibly misconstrued. From what I've heard he's far from the top of CLE list (most agree its Darnold or Allen, third option discussion is usually split between Rosen and Mayfield).

 

I was half-joking.  I think Mora is positioning himself for an analyst job more than anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, darin3 said:

 

I was half-joking.  I think Mora is positioning himself for an analyst job more than anything.

 

I wish I could tell when people are half or complete joking, seems that is often the response when I question something that was said ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, stevegrab said:

 

I wish I could tell when people are half or complete joking, seems that is often the response when I question something that was said ;)

 

;)

 

I’ll start each post with ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rumor is that CLE's top player is the QB that NYG want. NYG are saying they want Saquon to get CLE to take Saquon at 1.01 trying to convince CLE that taking a QB at #4 is good enough to pair with Saquon. That way, NYG get their choice of QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Barkley at 1. 

Giants trade out with Denver

DEnver takes Mayfielf

jets take Allen

browns take darnold

 

for once it all works out for cleveland.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wpob said:

Barkley at 1.

Giants trade out with Denver

DEnver takes Mayfielf

jets take Allen

browns take darnold

 

for once it all works out for cleveland.

 

That would be foolish, unless they have 3 QBs rated equally. No matter which QB they take at 1, they're passing on others, and fans will be complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

That would be foolish, unless they have 3 QBs rated equally. No matter which QB they take at 1, they're passing on others, and fans will be complaining.

 

Mary Kay Cabot, on the Dan Patrick Show this morning, claimed that the "fans view" was they wanted Barkley at 1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darin3 said:

 

Mary Kay Cabot, on the Dan Patrick Show this morning, claimed that the "fans view" was they wanted Barkley at 1.

 

Mary Kay (MKC) is the Browns beat writer for the Plain Dealer and cleveland.com site. I've yet to see (based on comments on Plain Dealer articles) seen a consensus on who should be picked. Some like Darnold (seems like the largest number), others like Allen, others Rosen and then some want Barkley. Most fans who think more and don't just go from emotion think they signed Hyde to be a workhorse back, Crowell is gone and only Duke Johnson (receiving back) remains. Doesn't make sense to do that if you're drafting the best RB at #1. 

 

I don't trust much of what MKC writes, she seems to always be last to talk about things which have already been mentioend by national media. And her love affair with Garrappolo and other QBs over the last few years is maddening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

 

Mary Kay (MKC) is the Browns beat writer for the Plain Dealer and cleveland.com site. I've yet to see (based on comments on Plain Dealer articles) seen a consensus on who should be picked. Some like Darnold (seems like the largest number), others like Allen, others Rosen and then some want Barkley. Most fans who think more and don't just go from emotion think they signed Hyde to be a workhorse back, Crowell is gone and only Duke Johnson (receiving back) remains. Doesn't make sense to do that if you're drafting the best RB at #1. 

 

I don't trust much of what MKC writes, she seems to always be last to talk about things which have already been mentioend by national media. And her love affair with Garrappolo and other QBs over the last few years is maddening.

 

I know who she is and wasn't trying to imply what she said is the gospel.

 

As someone who holds the 1.01 in a dynasty league, I hope the Giants take Barkley at 2.  Duke Johnson is an underrated back who is extremely adept at the "pass catching back" role, and think Hyde will be solid as their "starter".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has been shaping up to be a crazy one. I'm glad it's finally here and the speculation can end.

 

I honestly have no idea what I want the Broncos to do. We need a QB, but I don't know if I trust any of the guys in this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

This has been shaping up to be a crazy one. I'm glad it's finally here and the speculation can end.

 

I honestly have no idea what I want the Broncos to do. We need a QB, but I don't know if I trust any of the guys in this draft.

 

I think Denver bides their time with Keenum, maybe tries to keep grooming Lynch, and take BPA (or move down).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darin3 said:

 

I think Denver bides their time with Keenum...

Why? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.