[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL passes targeting rule

Big John

I think we need to wait until the dust settles on this one, to see what the details are and how it is enforced in games. Article I'm reading on NFL site says they'll gather coaches/players/team reps to work out enforcement specifics. It also says no targeting rule has been passed yet (with the story updated as of 5:08PM, about 20 minutes after BJ's post).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923435/article/nfl-expands-helmet-hit-rule-working-on-targeting-rule

20 hours ago, darin3 said:

From what I read they are still contemplating whether or not ejections will be part of the rule.

Also, if they do, it will come down from the replay official in NYC, not the guys on the field.

Let's hope they keep those out of the rule altogether.  Replay official or not, a game can turn easily on a borderline call that removes a top-level player.