[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The first 6 picks will be.......

BeeR

Indy will get a kings ransom for their 6th pick if only 2 QBs are of the board at their pick.   They'll trade down again IMO.  Not a fan friendly move but id rather have more picks if we don't get one of Barkley/Chubb/Nelson

Edited by Shorttynaz

7 hours ago, BeeR said:

Your take?

I say:

1.01:  CLE takes Darnold

1.02:  NYG takes Barkley (lmfao @ them if they don't)

1.03:  NYJ takes Rosen

1.04:  CLE takes Chubb

1.05:  DEN takes Nelson

1.06:  IND takes FItz

Too few quarterbacks.  3.5 quarterbacks will be taken in the first 6 picks.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 12:59 AM, Shorttynaz said:

Indy will get a kings ransom for their 6th pick if only 2 QBs are of the board at their pick.   They'll trade down again IMO.  Not a fan friendly move but id rather have more picks if we don't get one of Barkley/Chubb/Nelson

Maybe so.  Moving down depends on how far down and what they get for it.  I'm not wild about (for ex) extra 4th rd picks if it means we got Joe Schleprock instead of a guy like Fitz or Ward. 

1.01 - Cleveland will go with the high upside of Josh Allen

1.02 - Buffalo will sell the farm to move up and get Sam Darnold

1.03 - Jets will "settle" for Rosen, who they probably want anyways

1.04 - Cleveland will be tempted by Chubb but will grab Barkley 

1.05 - Denver will "settle" for Nelson

1.06 - Indy will take Chubb

1. Browns - Sam Darnold 

2. Giants - Sequan Barkley

3. Jets - Josh Rosen

4. Browns - Bradley Chubb

5. Broncos - Baker Mayfield

6. Colts - Quenton Nelson 

There's much talk about Cleveland dealing #4, but I think John Dorsey realizes that too much wheeling & dealing (And not enough picking impactful players) is what got Shashi Brown in trouble. That being said I think they double down on building an elite pass rush.

As much as I hate the idea of two 1st round picks on the bench behind Case Keenum, I don't think Elway is going to be able to control himself. So if he's going to pick a QB, I reckon it would be the one he has spent the most time scouting which is Mayfield.

Leaving the Colts the guy they probably wanted at #3 anyways, Quenton Nelson. Huge need for Indy and they get him plus some extra draft picks.

I'm not sure how long he'll stay on as GM, I reckon Joe Ellis would let him stay on as long as he'd like. But wether it's 2 more years or 10 more he's always going to be trying to redeem himself in the QB department until he nails it. He's just competitive like that. You know he hears the whispers about him being a terrible talent evaluator, and you know that doesn't sit well. 

All that being said, I hope you're right.

1.01:  CLE takes Darnold

1.02:  NYG trade down to a team who takes either Allen (1.02a) or Rosen (1.02b)

1.03:  NYJ takes Rosen if scenario is 1.02a or Mayfield if scenario is 1.02b

1.04:  CLE takes Barkley

1.05:  DEN takes Mayfield in scenario 1.02a or Allen if the scenario is 1.02b

1.06:  IND takes Chubb

Josh Allen vs power 5 schools: 3 games (Nebraska, Oregon, Iowa),

3 losses. 48 of 96 passing for 427 yards, 1 TD, 8 INTs.

74.13 college QB rating (equals 31.03 NFL passer rating).

This worries me the most

13 hours ago, DMD said:

Josh Allen vs power 5 schools: 3 games (Nebraska, Oregon, Iowa),

3 losses. 48 of 96 passing for 427 yards, 1 TD, 8 INTs.

74.13 college QB rating (equals 31.03 NFL passer rating).

This worries me the most

In the games against Power 5 schools, Allen's teammates were outclassed every where on the field.  He constantly faced immediate defensive line pressure and had receivers who couldn't get open.  It would have been miraculous if he had played effectively in those games.  Tom Brady probably wouldn't have fared much better if he had quarterbacked against Power 5 teams for Wyoming the last 2 years.

Scouts keep saying that Allen is inaccurate.  That is probably the worst adjective to hear about a quarterback prospect.  I can't think of any quarterback who was labeled inaccurate who became an elite NFL quarterback.  But Allen isn't a completely inaccurate passer.  He is a quarterback that usually throws highly accurate balls.  But a small percentage of the time, he throws a very inaccurate pass.  That seems like something that could be mechanics or mental.  It seems like something that could be easily corrected after some time in a good system.

One thing I like about Allen is that he is from a farm.  Owning a farm isn't easy.  It requires hard, physical work and also requires intelligence.  If a farmer is dumb or lazy, they'll lose their farm quickly.  So when a farm is successfully run from generation to generation, you know that these farmers are instilling a strong work ethic into their children.  When you look at the truly elite quarterbacks like Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees; one thing they all have in common is an extremely strong work ethic.

Edited by michaelredd9

That's the other part of what bothers me. He played with "lesser" talent which would obviously impact his success. That makes assessing him harder to do.I'd think it means he'll be slower to hit his stride in the NFL. But your point is valid.

I like the bit about a farm, every person I've ever met who was raised on a farm (including my brother in law, several motorcycling friends) are all very hard working people that rarely take it easy.

Also great points about the talent around him being seriously outmatched against better teams, the whole team suffers.

On 4/11/2018 at 9:12 PM, DMD said:

That's the other part of what bothers me. He played with "lesser" talent which would obviously impact his success. That makes assessing him harder to do.I'd think it means he'll be slower to hit his stride in the NFL. But your point is valid.

I'd be more worried about him playing lesser talent if he played a different position or if he had great receivers and/or a great offensive line.  He played lesser talent and he was surrounded by lesser talent with his teammates.  Quarterback isn't physical or mano a mano like other positions.

• Like 1