[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

General Rookie Chatter

darin3

Really looking forward to this draft.  Lots of star potential, lots of potential for guys that are "good" to make immediate impacts depending on where they land.  

Anyone like a particular player a ton?

Some good analysis of a few players on The Huddle's front page.  

I really like Courtland Sutton.  He had a down year but has prototypical size, good speed and could hit huge if he lands in the right spot.

I love me some Roquan Smith!!

Besides Calvin Ridley, I'm digging D.J. Moore who is going to be a great grab in the early 2nd but it seems many are projecting him as a 3rd? Crazy talk lol

I'm also eyeing Derrius Guice 

All I know is you're gonna have an awesome draft in DWIII with all them damn 1st/2nd round picks. 

4 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Besides Calvin Ridley, I'm digging D.J. Moore who is going to be a great grab in the early 2nd but it seems many are projecting him as a 3rd? Crazy talk lol

All I know is you're gonna have an awesome draft in DWIII with all them damn 1st/2nd round picks. 

Smith - a little small but love his sideline-to-sideline ability ... could be a major IDP stud

Ridley - I dunno why I'm not a fan.  Kinda thin and overpowered by the bump-and-run and drops too many passes.

Moore - didn't see much of him in college but the more I read the more I like

Guice - landing in the right spot could net huge and immediate results

DW3 - :brow: 

• Like 1

Nice writeup on James Washington.  

Final "con":

Thicker body built more like a running back

Exactly what I thought watching a lot of Big 12 football.  I always thought he was a RB that kept splitting out wide.  He even had a RB jersey # :lol: 

Gotta like the guy though despite the lack of height.  

• Confused 1

On 3/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, tazinib1 said:

this.  Was just going to post Roquan Beast Smith.  In the mock I ran, he went #12 to Chicago.  One of my favorites in the 2018 draft.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Ronald Jones II  This kid is going to delight the team that picks him. 

early 2nd round and may go ahead of Sony Michel, but probably not in front of Guice.  

I like Jones a lot too.  He won't go ahead of Michel but I wouldn't be shocked to see him as one of those "draft day surprises".

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hayden Hurst, TE.  He's another guy I think is grossly underrated.

:unsure: Isn't he the #1 TE on most boards?  Maybe I'm misremembering.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

Hayden Hurst, TE.  He's another guy I think is grossly underrated.

I've seen him as the #2 - 4 te, at this point I think landing spot will be a big factor between goedert Andrews gesicki and hurst 

Edited by millworkguy

54 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

I've seen him as the #2 - 4 te, at this point I think landing spot will be a big factor between goedert Andrews gesicki and hurst 

Fairly certain the Saints will take one of these guys. 

35 minutes ago, kdko said:

Why?  They have Fleener, and just signed Watson as well.

Watson is ancient and Fleener has never lived up to his potential. Saints tried to re-sign Graham before he opted for Green Bay. I'm pretty certain they'd still like to find an upgrade to Fleener. 

1 minute ago, rajncajn said:

Watson is ancient and Fleener has never lived up to his potential. Saints tried to re-sign Graham before he opted for Green Bay. I'm pretty certain they'd still like to find an upgrade to Fleener. 

Didn't know how aggressively they pursued him.  I personally don't think it makes any sense.  Do you really spend an early pick on a TE when you have Fleener/Hill/Watson already?  4 TE's on your roster when you have bigger needs.

5 hours ago, darin3 said:

I like Jones a lot too.  He won't go ahead of Michel but I wouldn't be shocked to see him as one of those "draft day surprises".

:unsure: Isn't he the #1 TE on most boards?  Maybe I'm misremembering.

Goedert, Gesicki are usually ahead of him.  Somtimes Andrews too.  All 4 are damned good prospects.  

48 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Because they have Fleener and just signed Watson. :shades:

:rolleyes::lol:

Josh Hill too! 

All I'm sayin'..they seemed to operate fine with Fleener/Hill last year.  They signed Watson for depth and heavy block sets.  Do they really have a big need at TE?  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dcat said:

Goedert, Gesicki are usually ahead of him.  Somtimes Andrews too.  All 4 are damned good prospects.  

Ah, could be just the sources I have been relying on all have Hurst #1.  Just a coincidence.

• Haha 1

I like the RBs this year.  LOVE Barkley, I think he has the highest ceiling of any RB that has come out in the last 5-10 years.  Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman and Rashaad Penny all intrigue me.  I like Justin Jackson as a sleeper but his size could limit him.  I'm probably higher on Chubb than most, I think he's recovered well from his injury. I'm probably lower on Guice than most as I don't see what others are.  Need to watch more of Ronald Jones and Sony Michel as well, since I'm not seeing the hype here either.

8 hours ago, Brentastic said:

I like the RBs this year.  LOVE Barkley, I think he has the highest ceiling of any RB that has come out in the last 5-10 years.  Kerryon Johnson, Royce Freeman and Rashaad Penny all intrigue me.  I like Justin Jackson as a sleeper but his size could limit him.  I'm probably higher on Chubb than most, I think he's recovered well from his injury. I'm probably lower on Guice than most as I don't see what others are.  Need to watch more of Ronald Jones and Sony Michel as well, since I'm not seeing the hype here either.

I like Rolls Royce a lot.  Whatever team grabs him will be happy.

40 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

I also like Mayfield a lot, think he’s the only QB worth the 1.01. Will be interesting to see where he goes and what spot.

If he was a couple inches taller I think he'd be a lock at 1.01, Dorsey loves everything about him.

I'm not crazy about his wonderlic score, but it isn't bad

wonderlic scores