[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

General Rookie Chatter

darin3

RE:  Mayfield

An "NFC quarterbacks coach" told MMQB's Albert Breer Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield is "the most accurate signal-caller he’s ever evaluated coming out of college."

"He doesn’t miss throws," the coach continued. Mayfield has been knocked for his size (6-foot-1) and the offense he ran at Oklahoma, but he is exceptionally accurate and a natural playmaker. He seems destined to be a top-10 selection.

42 minutes ago, stevegrab said:

If he was a couple inches taller I think he'd be a lock at 1.01, Dorsey loves everything about him.

I'm not crazy about his wonderlic score, but it isn't bad

wonderlic scores

Yeah, not overly concerning. There have been plenty of great QBs with scores in the teens and plenty of bad QBs with scores in the 30s/40s. 

9 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm starting to think the first 4 picks might all be quarterbacks.  Cleveland might get a huge offer for the 4th pick.  It could even be Denver that trades for the 4th pick.

Arizona should/would//could also be moving up, way up.

22 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I'm starting to think the first 4 picks might all be quarterbacks.  Cleveland might get a huge offer for the 4th pick.  It could even be Denver that trades for the 4th pick.

Move down a slot and get some more picks, would be great if we can trust DEN to not take the guy we want at 4.

Wouldn't want to move down to 15.

23 hours ago, Brentastic said:

Yeah, not overly concerning. There have been plenty of great QBs with scores in the teens and plenty of bad QBs with scores in the 30s/40s. 

We've gone over this.  In the past 50 years, there's maybe been 5 that had scores in the teens and were successful..

2 hours ago, kdko said:

We've gone over this.  In the past 50 years, there's maybe been 5 that had scores in the teens and were successful..

Yeah? What is the bar you set? I personally think the Wonderlic doesn’t really tell you much. Plenty of guys with high scores who did nothing. It goes both ways. In the case of Mayfield, 25 tells me nothing 

30 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

Yeah? What is the bar you set? I personally think the Wonderlic doesn’t really tell you much. Plenty of guys with high scores who did nothing. It goes both ways. In the case of Mayfield, 25 tells me nothing 

I dunno... but 13 would be historically low.  The Bradshaw's and Marino's were 16 or so.  You can take the Wonderlic test online for yourself.  I bet if you took it half-assed you'd still probably end up with a 20-25 easily

On 4/5/2018 at 12:31 PM, darin3 said:

It is a massively deep RB draft.

And yet Ballard the Colt GM turd will probably wait until the 4th rd again (or later) and draft some schlep who won't be any better than what they have. :bash:  Hopefully not, as any of Guice/Jones/Georgia RBs would give hope.  Very generally, I dream of Barkley but know it's a pipe dream....I'd settle for Chubb or Nelson or even Fitz/Ward (since said GM turd didn't address the depleted CB situation in FA).  A trade back does not wow me but given our 800,000 needs and FA inaction can't say it'd necessarily be a bad move either. 

Non-Colt wise, the whole QB thing is the most interesting I can recall in a long time.  IMO CLE should take Darnold, Jets should take Rosen.  Giants should take Barkley and Broncs should take either Barkley or Chubb if either falls, if not, Nelson. Allen is really hard to figure.  Could go as high as #1 (doubtful) or low as mid-round.  Mayfield also interesting.  IMO no way he gets past Bills, if that.

Gesicki is an excellent receiver but blocks like Kenny G, even as Penn Stater I think he may be overrated. 

Edited by BeeR

8 hours ago, kdko said:

I dunno... but 13 would be historically low.  The Bradshaw's and Marino's were 16 or so.  You can take the Wonderlic test online for yourself.  I bet if you took it half-assed you'd still probably end up with a 20-25 easily

Been there, done thatB)

On 2/24/2012 at 10:40 AM, Brentastic said:

I only answered 10 of 15 questions and scored a 26. It's amazing how much longer math takes when you don't manually calculate on a regular basis.

On 2/24/2012 at 10:46 AM, Brentastic said:

Just took it again and scored a 49. I think I had 3 repeat questions and finished with 40 seconds remaining.

• Haha 1

I like Denzel Ward. Maybe not as a CB1 going against big guys like Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, or Mike Evans, but certainly as a teams 2 or slot. Great ball skills and tackles well for a corner. Not thrilled about his size or ability to play the run though. Could see him opposite Richard Sherman in SF.

13 hours ago, Mile High Magic said:

I like Denzel Ward. Maybe not as a CB1 going against big guys like Antonio Brown, DeAndre Hopkins, or Mike Evans, but certainly as a teams 2 or slot. Great ball skills and tackles well for a corner. Not thrilled about his size or ability to play the run though. Could see him opposite Richard Sherman in SF.

I like him too, and the Broncos will probably land him.

5 hours ago, kdko said:

I like him too, and the Broncos will probably land him.

There wouldn't be any complaints from me if we did. He'd fit perfectly into Robys old spot. I would think 5 overall is a bit of a reach for him though. Maybe trade back into the later top 10 if that's our guy.