[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Raiders Release Marquette King

kdko

39 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Did I miss something about King and/or Walford?

King was always pretty "flamboyant" - for lack of better terms ...

I don't think its anything more than a cap cut with King. As far as Walford goes, he's just not as good as his 3rd round pick can justify? 

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

Did I miss something about King and/or Walford?

King was always pretty "flamboyant" - for lack of better terms ...

Yeah... he always has been, but I can see how it doesn't align with the kind of oldschool no-nonsense culture that Gruden is trying to create.  

I'd say he's a top 5 punter in a league though, I think that's why it's such a loud statement.  How much would it have really costed to sign him?  Hekker is the best in the league and got $18 for 6 years .. 9 guaranteed.

Edited by kdko

3 hours ago, kdko said:

Yeah... he always has been, but I can see how it doesn't align with the kind of oldschool no-nonsense culture that Gruden is trying to create.  

I'd say he's a top 5 punter in a league though, I think that's why it's such a loud statement.  How much would it have really costed to sign him?  Hekker is the best in the league and got $18 for 6 years .. 9 guaranteed.

Hekker is a weapon, a game changer.  King is good but not Hekker.

Taz is right, it was just a cap thang.

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

I think its more than just about cap, at least partially about his antics on field which included some stupid penalties. Gruden not putting up with that stuff.

Yeah, I think he was the most penalized punter last year, and it was just for taunting and other dumb crap.  And sure, it will save some cap space.  I guess i was saying for such a good kicker, I don't think they would have had to worry about paying him TOO much, that's where the Dekker comparison came in.  The top punter in the league is only being paid 18 over 6.  How much would King really have costed to keep?  He was being made an example of.