[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brandin Cooks traded to the Rams

Shorttynaz

I think the Pats slot WR remains safe, and the next WR (Matthews probably) has potential. Guess it depends what you're expecting, I doubt that next WR is going to do anything close to 100-1000-10, but 60-700-5 should be there. Look at their receiving stats the last 4-5 years, there's usually 3 guys at the top, Gronk (or TE Bennet one year) Edelman (Cooks last year) and that next WR (Hogan, Amendola, etc.)

1 minute ago, stevegrab said:

I think the Pats slot WR remains safe, and the next WR (Matthews probably) has potential. Guess it depends what you're expecting, I doubt that next WR is going to do anything close to 100-1000-10, but 60-700-5 should be there. Look at their receiving stats the last 4-5 years, there's usually 3 guys at the top, Gronk (or TE Bennet one year) Edelman (Cooks last year) and that next WR (Hogan, Amendola, etc.)

Matthews is nowhere near as crafty as Edelman.  No way he replaces him.  This is just another example of the Pats bringing in talented castoffs to see if they mesh.  I can see Matthews working out but he is not going to replace Edelman nor will he provide what a guy like Hogan provides.  

There's still guys like Dorsett that could command targets too.  

5 minutes ago, darin3 said:

Matthews is nowhere near as crafty as Edelman.  No way he replaces him.  This is just another example of the Pats bringing in talented castoffs to see if they mesh.  I can see Matthews working out but he is not going to replace Edelman nor will he provide what a guy like Hogan provides.  

Isn't that what they said about Welker?  Pretty sure he was also 32 when the Pats and him split.  They even gave Edelman a 1 year deal at that time too...  :thinking:

Not is a very definitive word.