[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns fans: Read this long rumor!

Dcat

2 hours ago, MTSuper7 said:

Really? There is a difference between what should happen and what will. Mayfield is a proven winner and the most pro-ready guy in the draft. There are enough QB needy teams that someone will look beyond his height.

I would argue that Darnold and Rosen are more pro-ready than Mayfield.

Conventional wisdom would seem to dictate taking Barkley first overall, then grab Allen at #4 which would be a major coup IMHO...although conventional wisdom seems to elude the Browns year-after-year.  So guessing they will probably mess this up somehow.  But here's to 'hope' if you are a Cleveland fan...cheers!

8 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Conventional wisdom would seem to dictate taking Barkley first overall, then grab Allen at #4 which would be a major coup IMHO...although conventional wisdom seems to elude the Browns year-after-year.  So guessing they will probably mess this up somehow.  But here's to 'hope' if you are a Cleveland fan...cheers!

The people in charge this year are far smarter than those that were making decisions in years past.  I don't know if they're taking Barkley though.  Would they have traded for Hyde knowing they had the 1st overall and that Barkley was likely the best player in this draft?  Why spend money on Hyde if they knew they'd be taking Barkley?

• Like 1

Hyde is decent but he just fits more of a COP and 3rd down RB to me...he is still yet to have a 1K yard rushing season and he's been in the league for 4-5 years.  Barkley would sell tickets and could be an every-down monster for a few years to come. 

IDK...I just can't really see taking Allen #1 if they are really that enamored with him, could easily get him at #4.

1 minute ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Hyde is decent but he just fits more of a COP and 3rd down RB to me...he is still yet to have a 1K yard rushing season and he's been in the league for 4-5 years.  Barkley would sell tickets and could be an every-down monster for a few years to come. 

IDK...I just can't really see taking Allen #1 if they are really that enamored with him, could easily get him at #4.

But they have one of the better 3rd down backs in the league already.  I dunno.  Just weird.  I guess we'll all see in about 29 hours!  :tup:

32 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

So what was conventional wisdom last year, draft anybody but Myles Garrett at #1?

Texans fan, do they have any NFL Championships?

16 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

The Browns don't really need to sell tickets, they're a bit down now, but creating a winning team is what will bring fans back, not a big name RB (If he were a Buckeye maybe).

13 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

I'd probably be a tad bit bitter if I was in your shoes as well...

Not really bitter, just tired of all the "Browns are stupid and don't know how to draft" nonsense from people who don't realize there is a new GM, one with a good track record. Or maybe you believe in some curse on the Browns or something.

But what really gets me is your views on the draft as it pertained to this discussion, apparently they are not grounded in sound analysis but some disdain you have for the potential of Barkley being a Giant. Your "Hyde is more a COP or 3rd down back to me" and "he's never had 1000 yards" is pretty far off the mark. His rookie year they still had Gore, his second year he played half a year, had 115 carries for 470 yards, his next 2 years he had 217-988 (in 13 games) and 240-938, so while not 1000 yard, pretty close and far from a COP or 3rd down back.

But its easier to dismiss me as bitter, than admit you were talking out your rear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

Seriously...as a Browns fan you don't think getting Barkley and Allen in this draft would be a great thing?  Perhaps try watching Draft Day, I hear that ends pretty good for Cleveland. :headbang:

I think those would be decent picks, but probably not the best. I just see Barkley as being something of a luxury, but that's because unlike you I know Hyde is not a COP/3rd down back. I also don't pretend to know who the best QB option is, I still think if Mayfield was 2 inches taller he'd be their guy. I think its Darnold or Allen,

I've tried to watch Draft Day a couple times, just couldn't get into it.

36 minutes ago, ABearWithFurniture said:

lol...well, it is Kevin Costner, but Jennifer Garner is nice to look at. 

I think the Browns come out of this looking pretty good no matter which way they decide to go...they have both Hyde and Taylor so they could bypass both those positions and go defense.

They'll be crucified if they pass on a QB again, it is almost certainly the 1.01 pick, but could be 1.04.

If there were a great LT in the draft I'd want that, we're going to miss Joe Thomas. But those talking about a guard (Nelson) in our top picks are off,

One more thing, Dorsey doesn't draft RB high, that's another reason against believing they take Barkley.

4 hours ago, stevegrab said:

They'll be crucified if they pass on a QB again, it is almost certainly the 1.01 pick, but could be 1.04.

If there were a great LT in the draft I'd want that, we're going to miss Joe Thomas. But those talking about a guard (Nelson) in our top picks are off,

One more thing, Dorsey doesn't draft RB high, that's another reason against believing they take Barkley.

This

In my belief it’s gonna go QB, Chubb, hopefully Guice in the second