[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

C.J. Anderson released

DMD

Broncos now have just 2 RBs on their roster - Devontae Booker and De'Angelo Henderson. They'll have to spend a high pick on a RB if not grab two. Or at least trade for a veteran which seems more unlikely.

Anderson had a weird pattern. He would end the season on a hot note, then flop the next season until around midseason and then heat up. And then start out as a flop the next year. He was just inconsistent more than anything. He had a number of great games but just wasn't reliable.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

I feel for the McCaffrey owners. The Panthers just love doing this crap. 

McCaffery was never going to be a bell-cow, 3-down back. He's not built for that roile.  CJ may actuaklly prove to be a nice compliment, nbut I do not expect McCaffery's production to be any less than if they kept Stewart on board.  We all knew that they had to add something to that backfield.  It had no depth worth a piss until now.  McAffery owners need to calm down.  He's still the man and will be a good fantasy producer in PPR leagues;

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

McCaffery was never going to be a bell-cow, 3-down back. He's not built for that roile.  CJ may actuaklly prove to be a nice compliment, nbut I do not expect McCaffery's production to be any less than if they kept Stewart on board.  We all knew that they had to add something to that backfield.  It had no depth worth a piss until now.  McAffery owners need to calm down.  He's still the man and will be a good fantasy producer in PPR leagues;

You don't think Anderson will lead the Panthers in carries? I do. But hey, what do I know. .... Wait..don't answer that. 

1 minute ago, tazinib1 said:

You don't think Anderson will lead the Panthers in carries? I do. But hey, what do I know. .... Wait..don't answer that. 

Last year, McCaffery had 117 rushing attempts and Stewart had 198.  That was a 37%-63% split on rushing attempts.  I expect around the same this year, perhaps a little closer to to 50-50, with CJ getting the majority of carries.  McCaffery's value is as a pass catcher with 80 receptions in 113 targets.  None of this should change all that much by adding C.J.    Even though Anderson is a far bettewr pass catcher thann Stewart, it's still going to be McCaffery catching theballs again this year and in the future.

9 hours ago, Dcat said:

McCaffrey was never going to be a bell-cow, 3-down back. He's not built for that role.

I think there was some misplaced optimism last year.  Maybe it was because he was the 8th pick of the draft.  Maybe is was because people were doing their darnedest to support an endangered species:  the white running back.  150 carries is probably the most McCaffrey can hope to get with his diminutive size.  But as long as he gets 80+ receptions, he is fantasy gold in PPR.  100 receptions isn't out of the question.  Last year, he was the 8th highest scoring running back in PPR.  If he stays healthy, that is probably his floor.  Hopefully, his low rushing totals cause his adp to fall to the early 3rd round.  Although an adp of 20 is probably more realistic.

17 hours ago, michaelredd9 said:

I think there was some misplaced optimism last year.  Maybe it was because he was the 8th pick of the draft.  Maybe is was because people were doing their darnedest to support an endangered species:  the white running back.  150 carries is probably the most McCaffrey can hope to get with his diminutive size.  But as long as he gets 80+ receptions, he is fantasy gold in PPR.  100 receptions isn't out of the question.  Last year, he was the 8th highest scoring running back in PPR.  If he stays healthy, that is probably his floor.  Hopefully, his low rushing totals cause his adp to fall to the early 3rd round.  Although an adp of 20 is probably more realistic.

While I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that he caps out at 150ish carries due to the style of the Carolina offense, I have to point out that McCaffrey really isn't "diminutive".  He's not Danny Woodhead.  He's 5'11" and probably 210-215 pounds.  

Until he catches a pass while breaking at least an arm and a leg and hangs on to that pass while in the endzone preferably scoring a game winning TD, he will never be as great as his father to me. 

3 hours ago, darin3 said:

While I don't necessarily disagree with the assumption that he caps out at 150ish carries due to the style of the Carolina offense, I have to point out that McCaffrey really isn't "diminutive".  He's not Danny Woodhead.  He's 5'11" and probably 210-215 pounds.  

Weighed in at 202 pounds at the combine, ESPN says 205 pounds, so yeah, probably about 210-215 now.

I like the move for CMC. Keeps him in a similar role as last year, but probably poised for a little more volume.

But I really think the Panthers should have considered someone like DeMarco instead.

20 hours ago, Caveman_Nick said:

He’s a smidge bigger than Ladanian Tomlinson.  Way too small to carry the load :lol:

edit:  actually a little bit lankier at 205. Closer to Sanders / Barber.  Shady McCoy.  Etc.

He weighed in at 202 at the combine and probably chugged a bunch of water to get that weight.  His playing weight is probably 190-195.  He bounces off of defenders like a ping pong.  Very few running backs of that size get heavy workloads.  Sanders, Barber, and McCoy are exceptions.  Tomlinson weighed 221 at the combine.

• Like 1